Okay, so it’s not exactly cutting edge…but it is ahead of the curve. (C’mon, I’m entitled to one brag post now and then…just ignore all the skeletons in the background.) Congratulations to all my fellow raiders!
Some stats since I like them:
- Total time to complete tier from launch: 17 weeks, though launch week was spent reclearing 5.0 content, so 16 weeks total. Since we raid 4 hours/week, that’s 64 hours. (An interesting experiment would be for someone to scrape WOL and analyze boss kill dates in the context of time spent raiding. Sure, your 12-hour/week guild may have killed LS in 8 weeks, but if it took you 96 total hours…? Of course, that’ guild has the disadvantage of fewer drops, VP, etc.)
- Hardest bosses: Horridon, 4 weeks; Dark Animus, 3 weeks
- Easiest bosses (first pull and kill in same week): Jin’rokh, Primordius, Twin Consorts
- GuildOx ranking: ~12,000. Seems low, but if you consider ~32,000 guilds have killed Jin’rokh and ~25,000 have killed Horridon, we’re basically right in the middle. Given those numbers, flex raiding makes a lot more sense to me then it did previously. It seems most of us who read WoW blogs and are “plugged in” to the community, so to speak, are all naturally more interested in the game and thus gravitate to more “challenging” content, but there’s a vast audience of people out there who’ve raided a couple times and had to give it up, for whatever reason. Horridon killed 7,000 guilds; Council and Tortos 5,000 more; Megaera, Ji-Kun, and Durumu another 5k. I don’t feel like it’s difficulty killing these guilds, though, I think it’s just natural attrition, and Blizzard is hoping that flex will let guilds recruit as many players as they want (ish) for raiding so they can have a buffer to absorb manning problems.
- Average ilvl of common raid members at time of Lei Shen kill: 523.7 (I just finished legendary, so was highest at 528)
Oh, and one obligatory DPS chart from our kill. Don’t let anyone tell you ferals aren’t viable.*
*Excepting heroic raiders because you guys are crazy anyway…except I’m about to be one of those now. Hmm. Okay, back to work.