Register

R.I.P. Droodfocus :( - halp needed

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

R.I.P. Droodfocus :( - halp needed

Postby Viray » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 am

I'm not a very addon-savy guy, and I've been using the marvelous Droodfocus since Wotlk, if I'm not mistaken. Finaly with patch 5.0.4 addon doesn't work anymore and since it's author doesn't play WoW atm - well we can asume it's dead for the time being.

So, my question is - what else can/should I use now to track all the debuffs, dots, buffs, combo points & energy in one place? I'll be very grateful for a nudge in the right direction, since I've got a raid tomorrow in which I really need to shine - I'm on the trial period in new raiding guild :)
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today - and it won't be you.

Re: R.I.P. Droodfocus :( - halp needed

Postby Stranglehorn » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 am

Hi Viray - I too felt the absence of DroodFocus on patch night :( I really got used to having the consolidated timers, CD flashes, energy bar and combo points front in center in my UI... What I ended up doing was recreating something comparable, at least for how I used it, with a few MoP supported add-ons.

I used 'TellMeWhen' for the visual icon bars to track timers like SR, RIP, Rake and the Weakened Armor Debuff. A nice value-add thing here was that I was able to add a powerbar overlay to the icons to show when I'd have the energy to refresh the ability. It helped me with preemptive energy pooling. I also configured the icons to show whether or not the buff/debuff was present or not as a cue for refresh. I also created two smaller, secondary TMW bars for CD tracking of TF and Zerk and to catch important procs like PS, trinkets and OOC procs. The icons will show when the CD is up or if the proc is present, with an expiration timer. The only thing I missed with TMW set-up vs. DF was the L>R flow of timers as they were expiring. I didn't have the time to figure out if that could be done through TMW.

With TMW set-up, I rounded everything out with a movable powerbar with 'EnergyWatch Reborn'. It also textually represents combo points, which was helpful. I also used 'WeakAuras' to set up some of the auditory cues for PS and OOC procs that I used to get from DF.

All in all, it took me about an hour to set-up, which wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if anyone else has any suggestions for a better setup.

Postby Greyhorn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:45 am

Hi^^ i also have many problem with my UI because of this patch, and i felt the absence of DF too... i read your post Stranglehorn, and i ask you if you should post a link with the download of your configuration of TellMeWhen. ( I admit that i'm not able to configure that addon xD) Thanks in advice! :)

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 am

There's a thread on the same subject here with some replies that might be helpful.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Greyhorn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:55 am

Sibylle wrote:There's a thread on the same subject here with some replies that might be helpful.

Thanks very much ^_^

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:47 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=830 is the thread you want, working version of DroodFocus

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 am

Meranannon is back and working on DroodFocus again. You should be able to find an updated version here:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/droodfocus

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 am

Updated 21 hours ago

I've not tested it but should be working because it says updated for 5.0.5 and updated lately as 21 hours ago :P

Return to Addons / UI