Register

Sylv's Snippets 1 Cats 4.1

Syl's random ramblings.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Sylv's Snippets 1 Cats 4.1

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm

So it’s Friday April 22. I’m sitting here at work at the great State of (hint: We send our governors to jail). My head is killing me but not from celebrating my bday yesterday. No I am still recovering from horrible sinus infection gone wrong. I get an hour for lunch and my friend that streams movies while we eat lunch left early today. So I thought I would write a bit. This isn’t my personal blog site so I am putting it here not the front page :o I have no idea how long this is going to be or what it is about but I feel like writing something.

I am sure most if not all of you read my article on the 4.1 changes. I AM happy with the bear changes. I guess I was just in a bad mood because of the lack of cat changes. I will work on that in future articles to make sure they are more info and less emotion…….no I won’t. I am a feral. A wild thing. I play this game with emotion and passion and that’s how I write. I also write while sitting on the toilet sometimes. Just kidding. Maybe. No really I’m just kidding. Kind of.

What 4.1 could have been for cats?
Would it just not be the coolest thing to make infected wounds while in cat form move your bleeds from 1 target to another like a loc’s soul swap? Man I get shivers thinking about that. On a fight like Cho it wouldn’t be needed but could help. With energy and cp management you can have a full 5cp rip and rake going on Cho jump over to the newly spawned add and put full dots on him. The DPS gain here is dot ticking on 2 targets. Unless your raid has crazy good DPS you will probably lose your dots on Cho before you get back to him. So, what if you could “infect” Cho with your dots left over on the add? I know you can use the left over CP to refresh SR. On twin dragons what happens when you get a 5cp DOT ticking and the dragon takes off? You are under 25% but energy starved now. You could shred up to 3CP swap your Dots to the down dragon and hit FB to refresh it right before it wears off. This could add a little complication back into the rotation that many want.

What if cat swipe caused a thrash affect? With the wicked amounts of mastery we have and it’s affects on bleeds this would be insane for slow dying mobs. Swipe costs so much maybe I will be happier with the buff once I test it more. Been so sic lately I haven’t had time to get on PTR and raid.

Make FB good enough to use above 25%. Now here is a crazy thought. FB currently converts the extra energy into bigger hits. What if they made the conversion get MORE efficient the more energy you converted? So with dummy numbers let’s say a 5CP FB. It cost 35 energy and hits for 100. It is roughly 7 energy for every 20% of extra damage. So with an extra 35 energy it will hit for 200. Keep the 7 energy increments but make it more like
7energy = 20% more damage
14energy = 50% more damage
21energy = 90% more damage
28energy = 140% more damage
35energy = 200% more damage
Now your 100 damage FB will hit for 300. I would have to get into the actual math and see if that makes it good to use again but I’m just spit balling here. And no it isn’t just increasing the damage % increase. If you’ll notice with every 7 energy you get an extra 10%. (Ear infection pain meds kicking in)
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Re: Sylv's Snippets 1 Cats 4.1

Postby Morghan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Please apply to work at blizz. :) in the kitty department.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:28 pm

If only i could leave my current job and benifits to start over. My big question is, are we a dot class? The other dot classes have the advantage of applying dots at range. We get hi direct damage to go with our dots but it just dosnt seem enough. I know our bleeds where nerfed for PVP becouse they can't be dispelled so it was viewed as unfair. Make them dispellable by healing to full. It is a echanic we have to face aginst bosses from a time to time. Not sure how good of an idea that is with healers pre-hotting.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Grimmclaw » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Think there is any chance we'll ever see Innervate become useful again? I can't tell you how many times since it's been nerfed that I've been asked for one only to tell the person they got it 30 seconds ago, which typically elicits a chuckle and an "oh" response.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Sadly no. I don't ever see that coming back. When we are killing farm content people yell at me for an inervate just to make others laugh.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 pm

In a world where healer mana matters having the ability to return about a third of that healers' mana to them is such a ridiculous benefit it's not funny. Amusingly enough that WAS the case in vanilla when mana really did matter and people brought druids just for innervate (when you had to be specced resto for it).

I'd like to see innervate become less overpowered than it is and be used in all specs. There are some interesting ideas behind innervate being a buff like dark intent where you give it to someone and depending on your spec they gain a bonus; for a resto, they could give their innervate to someone to give them more passive regen. For a moonkin they could give haste. For a cat they could give an AP boost. For a bear they could give an armor boost. Nothing huge - like a 3% boost - but something that would be interesting and related. It would nerf innervate, but right now moonkin and resto's mana costs are basically built around innervates being available to that player, and that's not really fun.

Return to Syl's Snippets