Register

Sylv's Snippets 3 PVP Vs. PVE

Syl's random ramblings.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Sylv's Snippets 3 PVP Vs. PVE

Postby cynrh » Mon May 02, 2011 11:07 am

Fair enough Fate, we're just arguing crosswise. I would argue that all of those abilities do exactly the same thing in PVP and PVE - there is no relearning the actual ability, for a PVE'r all of those abilities still do exactly what they expect them to do if they hopped into a BG or arena for the first time, based on their PVE experience. What you are describing is relearning how and when to best use/apply them to PVP use - essentially, learning to PVP with the same skill set we use in PVE.

An example of what I am talking about is the difference in CC lengths - a PVE'r would be surprised to learn Roots last a fraction of the time they do in PVE. CC is one example where Blizzard has made the abilities diverge in PVP and PVE.

Re: Sylv's Snippets 3 PVP Vs. PVE

Postby Fate » Wed May 04, 2011 5:41 am

Yeah, sounds like we're agreeing art cross purposes.

I still pretty much feel that no matter whether the tooltips read the same in PvP/E or not, if you press the button under different circumstances, or for different effect (and as I think we agree, you do) then it's in many ways a different ability.

Given that so many are functionally different anyway, I don't care, per se, if the tooltips change a bit more.

Previous

Return to Syl's Snippets