Register

Sylv's Snipetts #6 FIRECAT

Syl's random ramblings.
Revered

Sylv's Snipetts #6 FIRECAT

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:37 am

So we have all see the new firecat model. Majority agree it is pretty awesome andwe love the fact WE are the only ones who get to use the proc. Let me ponder a change to it.

Lets say the staff drops off of Fandrel just like it does but it only has stats on it. No firecat proc. No firecat on use feature. It is still a really good staff that like everything else will be replaced in T13. But lets add something to this. Once you have the staff you can open a quest chain. You need to run here and there and get some stuff. Kill this guy, kill that guy and the staff is now imbued with Druid of the Flame power. It now has the proc and on use feature. The item lvl dosn't change or the fact that it is epic. The quest line is purely for the cosmetic change.

Would you be satisfied with not having a Legendary again?
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Exalted

Re: Sylv's Snipetts #6 FIRECAT

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 pm

So basically we gain nothing except the need to complete a new quest chain, a class specific quest chain, which is something Blizzard has already made a point to remove every one in game during Cata Launch?

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:15 pm

It would be exactly like the Form quest chains we did to get Bear, Aquatic and Flight. I'm always up for more quests. Just having the staff alone would make you feel accomplished but doing a chain to get the Firecat Form would give you an extra feeling of entitlement. I like it.
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Meh, the problem what that is that then you have huntards likely campaigning even more to get it if the proc itself isn't tied to the staff. Granted, I wouldn't necessarily say no to the idea of having an (easy) mini quest attached to make the staff give the proc, but last thing I need is for them damned huntards rolling in to lay claim to it if it didn't have the proc tied to it.

Personally, I want my minor glyph of fire cat already, it'll be a shame that after 4.2 is done in ~6 months or so, it just becomes another item in the bank to look at.

Return to Syl's Snippets