Register

SoO - Siegecrafter Blackfuse 12/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.
Revered

Re: SoO - Siegecrafter Blackfuse 12/14

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:14 pm

I would recommend saving your dps CD's for the belt. Start with a FF, Rake, Mangle until energy is gone, TF, Mangle to 5 CP's, Rip, and Mangle/FB.

If you are doing something similar to that and still low then it's because the others in your belt group have better snap dmg. Ferals aren't the best when it comes to Snap DMG. We are so high overall in the course of an entire fight because we have such good consistent damage.

Postby Mechalis » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:52 pm

It might sound unbelievable but Feline Swiftness appears to be incredibly superior for the belt. It lets you reach the front edge in 2 seconds, you don't have to blink having to calculate precisely the end positioning and it generally makes you feel you are basically not moving at all up there. Sure it's not optimal for boss platform movement but belt in isolation just feels incredibly more comfortable with it.

Postby Karlzone » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Mechalis wrote:It might sound unbelievable but Feline Swiftness appears to be incredibly superior for the belt. It lets you reach the front edge in 2 seconds, you don't have to blink having to calculate precisely the end positioning and it generally makes you feel you are basically not moving at all up there. Sure it's not optimal for boss platform movement but belt in isolation just feels incredibly more comfortable with it.

Since the nerf this is obviously far less important, but I do disagree with you. Two jumps will bring you to the front edge (that laser doesn't kill) and displacer beast just felt way better for the rest of the fight. Getting though rings of fire without debuff, getting clear of sawblades or getting to the pipe for instance.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Feline Swiftness isn't any more effective on the belt than off, you move at the exact same speed on the belt if you jump repeatedly. I agree with DB for belts, and I stick with my default of Wild Charge if I'm staying on the boss.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sat May 03, 2014 8:12 pm

I normally don't ask for help with strats as I enjoy the progression of the game and learning things as I go on a boss but alas I am in need of assistance, not from a feral standpoint but as an overall raid help. Around 5 months ago my guild went from a 10man to a 25man raid team. We absorbed another 10 man team and got some recruits to fill the team. Before we made the swap we were 8/14 Heroic and basically started all over. We are skipping Thok for now and working on Blackfuse. About 6 weeks ago we stopped progression because of roster issues and low geared recruits. We just started progression again and I feel like we are doing something wrong as we changed up the strats.

INC WALL OF TEXT.

I will post what we were doing around 2 months ago for a strat and what we are doing now to hopefully give a better idea of what we are doing and hopefully some of you 14/14H people can help me out.

Both strats we tank the boss on the right side(when you enter the platform) of the room were the mines/shredder spawn. We do this so that the tanks swap off stacks of debuff and just burn shredder through the heal and ranged/tanks AoE the mines with slows/snares.

Strat 1:
4 stack points for ranged
Warrior MT/Monk OT
Ranged that get Sawblade go BACK and to the LEFT to drop blade
Ranged that get Fire go BACK and to the RIGHT
What gets killed on each Belt Wave:
Missile
Missile
Missile
Missile
Missile
Mine
Missile
Missile
Laser
Missile
Missile
Laser

Using this strat we got to around 30% before wiping on our best attempts.

Strat 2:
3 Stack Points for ranged
Ranged that get Sawblade go BACK and to the LEFT to drop blade
Warrior MT/Monk OT(Tried around 15 attempts with me tanking but without a perma-slow on mines it got out of hand)
Ranged burn down Overpowered Missles when they spawn
What gets killed on each Belt Wave:
Group 1 Waves:
1. Laser
3. Laser
5. Mine
7. Laser
9. Laser
11. Missle
13. Enrage
Group 2 Waves:
2. Laser
4. Laser
6. Laser
8. Mine
10. Laser
12. Missle
13. Enrage

Using Strat 2 we never seem to get very far in. Not more than 75% and it's a wipe. I feel like something is off, be it stacking the tanks on that side or the kill order for the belts. Any input here is appreciated.

Postby Alsoria » Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Just reading through and trying to figure out my personal issue. I'm fine in our 25 man raids if I'm doing belts with a group. However, if I jump in on a 10 man run I can't solo belts to save my life. Originally, I was simply being slow and being a couple seconds behind the timer. Then it was just plain damage output.

Here's my feral: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Alsoria/advanced

Any advice? I was going first so I attempted to save my TF and herb haste CDs for it. By the time i got towards the end it was at 25%, but I was slipping into the end and dying. Beyond frustrated at the moment.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:04 pm

try using nature's vigil and or incarnation as alternating cooldowns when you have to go up. save 5 cp for when you go up on the boss to redircet them onto the belt or to just get a large savage roar.

its not about having an optimal dps for boss when you are on belt duty its all about having a ooldown for each belt (potion can be a cooldown for first belt with nature's vigil, incarnation/beserk for belt 2, Nature's vigil should be back up for belt 3 by then ect.) Save 2nd pot for when you dont have a cooldown up. AoC trinket can be useful for more beserkers but means you are less likely to have trinket procs when you need it on the belt as its proc isnt RPPM.

dont use force of nature because they dont work properly on the belts usually.

Previous

Return to Raid Strategies