Register

Sha of Fear

Exalted

Sha of Fear

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Sha of Fear encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Honored

Re: Sha of Fear

Postby Viray » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 am

We've downed him yesterday. A couple of tips:

1.Communicate! Pick one Terror Spawn add & nuke him as a group.
2.You might want to save your cds to when you're transported to one of the platforms. Panda guy there should go ASAP.
3.Good time to pop BL is just after the first group comes back from killing the crosbowman. This way all of you will get BL, plus half of your group will have 60% damage increase buff from the Fearless buff for 30s - nice synergy.
4.When the Sha is going pretty low on HP you can ignore the adds and just burn him.

Other than that the fight is pretty simple. It took us 11,5 minutes, we had our kill in just a couple of tries.
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today - and it won't be you.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 am

I wouldn't save CDs (at least TF and Berserk) for the side platform. You're going to be basically energy capped from the orbs anyway so berserk will do very little. As far as I could tell the boss ports a group every 90 seconds so if you save your CDs for when you get back and nuke the boss (if adds are under control) while you have the Fearless buff you'll do a ton of damage, and then if you get ported every 2 from there on (a little RNG) you can repeat that for the rest of the fight. If you're doing this, since the Fearless buff only lasts 30 seconds you want to make sure your TF comes up at the latest of half way through the fearless buff so you can get your full berserk in, and you may also have to consider holding a single TF to have it up with Berserk at the right time.

Energy capping is a real problem on the side platforms so I wouldn't suggest using DoC, NV is almost definitely the way to go imo so you can stack it all on top of Fearless and burst incredibly hard.

Feline Swiftness vs Feral Charge: Both are viable but I would go with Feral Charge. FS would help you gather orbs on the platforms or run into the safe zone for Breath, but Wild Charge lets you charge into or out of the safe zone as well as having some uses on the platforms if you think ahead of time.

Because of the minibosses spinning a lot during Dread Spray, as well as occasionally having to stand in front of Sha while DPSing him, I would recommend Shred as a 3rd glyph.

Honored

Postby Viray » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:38 am

Well I'm using Hotw + Fearless + Wrath spam, and tbh I'm pretty fond of it :)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Soul Swap is awesome for this fight as long as you don't make the mistake I made on our first pulls. When swaping bleeds to the adds make sure you wait till you FC them because their shield will eat the bleed and put Soul Swap on cooldown.
I am not sure about HotW being very effective. There is to much movment to be able to turret properly. As it is you don't get a lot of a boost from HotW anyway vs what you would be doing normally (even with the damage buff).

Honored

Postby Viray » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Well I've got a ilvl 496 casting weapon, and I act as a backup healer in FUBAR situations most of the time, hence why I'm going with HotW most of the time.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:15 pm

That makes a lot more sense. I am stuck with doing that sometimes too. Not a fan but if it helps the raid get a kill... Also kinda jealous of your 496 weapon. Where did you get it?

Honored

Postby Viray » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:29 pm

I've got a Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker from Lei Shi last week. Our shadow priest got it, since the rest of the raid wouldn't benefit from it as much. But an hour after the raid she and the other officer of our group decided to pass it down to me, since I' haven't been given any earlier int weapons, when the int-folks were swapping weapons for better secondaries. Also, the player which got that weapon had to drop out for a while from playing after that raid for medical reasons. TBH there was some guild drama over that loot afterwards, so I'm still not eniterly happy that I got it.

Wow that turned out a bit long :)

Postby woogs » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:26 pm

aggixx wrote:I wouldn't save CDs (at least TF and Berserk) for the side platform. You're going to be basically energy capped from the orbs anyway so berserk will do very little. As far as I could tell the boss ports a group every 90 seconds so if you save your CDs for when you get back and nuke the boss (if adds are under control) while you have the Fearless buff you'll do a ton of damage, and then if you get ported every 2 from there on (a little RNG) you can repeat that for the rest of the fight. If you're doing this, since the Fearless buff only lasts 30 seconds you want to make sure your TF comes up at the latest of half way through the fearless buff so you can get your full berserk in, and you may also have to consider holding a single TF to have it up with Berserk at the right time.

Energy capping is a real problem on the side platforms so I wouldn't suggest using DoC, NV is almost definitely the way to go imo so you can stack it all on top of Fearless and burst incredibly hard.

I tried this out last night on our attempts, and I was really pleased with NV+Bzerk with fearless. Do you think however, that with the energy capping on the platforms, and the constant running in and out of breath, we could get more out of Incarnation or Treants than SotF?

I know my raid leaders kept screaming MORE DPS ON PLATFORM KILL THEM FASTERRRRR (but also tell us to stay in during the death blossom so we can do more DPS, so like at least one person dies each time, but thats a different issue). Maybe taking Treants for the 1m CD would be better since I'm saving B+NV for fearless. Or should I suck it up and just use B+NV for the platform add?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Incarnation might be good for Fearless. However because you don't control when you go to another platform (if at all) you are more likely to hold it to long or have it be on cooldown. Not having SotF hurts a lot on a target swaping fight, and with out a sure bet of regular burst you are likely just to be screwed more often then not taking it.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm

There's a very very important distinction between 10 and 25 man on this fight. On 25m the tank selections are in a fixed order but the other 4 players are selected randomly, in 10m all 5 players are fixed and it will always alternate between the two teams.

If you're doing 10m NV and possibly Incarnation is a very good choice imo because you'll be getting the Fearless buff exactly every 3 minutes if your DPS is spot on. On 25m it's a completely different story and I wouldn't touch Incarnation with a 50 foot barge pole.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Didn't think about the 10 man differences at all. Good call.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Something that is very very important to keep in mind if the opportunity presents itself (especially in 25 man): if you can get a Rip onto the boss while you have Fearless (+ as many other buffs as possible) that Rip will be doing a TON of damage and in Blood in the Water range you can refresh that rip all the way to the end of the fight.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 am

How do you deal with the orbs? We tried seriously the boss in 25-man mode yesterday (10 man was down last week), and I'm wondering who/when to take the orbs. Should you split the area and everyone takes care of one part? Or melee take care of the close ones, distant of the far ones?
BTW I Symbiosis a SP for Dispersion, you can easily eat up the big cast on the platform and keep clearing the orbs.

Postby Ampzilla » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:42 am

Helistar wrote:How do you deal with the orbs? We tried seriously the boss in 25-man mode yesterday (10 man was down last week), and I'm wondering who/when to take the orbs. Should you split the area and everyone takes care of one part? Or melee take care of the close ones, distant of the far ones?
BTW I Symbiosis a SP for Dispersion, you can easily eat up the big cast on the platform and keep clearing the orbs.

The first couple of orbs we let the healer pick up especially if for whatever reason they are low on mana. After that it is kind of a free for all; however, I go Guardian for this fight on 25 man (3 tanks) and I basically run around in bear form with Feline Swiftness and pick up most if not all of them while keeping threat on the mob (not hard to do especially when you first get to the platform). I continue picking up orbs during death blossom as well and save Savage Roar for that time since everyone else is normally hiding behind pillars.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am

Helistar wrote:BTW I Symbiosis a SP for Dispersion, you can easily eat up the big cast on the platform and keep clearing the orbs.

I survive on 10N just fine with SI/Barkskin too. You can still attack =P lol

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Yep, I think most guilds basically do Free for All. General rules would be don't derp around and tunnel the boss while there's orbs spawning (if you have 1 or 2 people not soaking any orbs it suddenly gets really really hard) and if you see someone's heading to an orb you should let them get it if possible, but otherwise go nuts.

Dash and Stampeding Roar are really nice if you feel like orbs are starting to get out of control.

Postby Xube » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm

I do this on 10man. We downed it last night. (my guild started this x-pac really late).

So to get it all correct.

1. are any of you actually behind the boss? the Fear just is annoying so 30 second timer on breath. Giving us a 25 second window to shred.
- because it was progression i didn't even bother i mangle spammed. when i hit tigers fury i used shred then. How are you all doing it? reminds me of Domo/Sinestra do we have a little wiggle room to stand to the side and still hit shred.

2. I changed it up to NV+Inc
Which sucks because on the pull with your pre-pot you cant pop any of that or our timers don't line up with Fearless buff. Which sucks cause i am just at the bottom of the meters. < - Or am i wrong here? I am trying to line up all my CDs to the Fearless buff!

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm

1.) I'm always behind the boss, if I'm dpsing it. It takes 5 seconds to get in front of the boss & avoid fear then go back, correct. So why not use tiger's fury then and shred 100% of the time?

2.) So if it sucks, just pick another talent? /shrug. You're not really getting that much more of a benefit from popping NV & Inc with fearless, at least I don't personally think so, especially with the hoops you have to jump through to line them up. Anyway I do 25s on my druid so no real input there.

Postby Xube » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Lol, fear of dieing.. to breath if i tunnel or dont make it back in time. So just to be safe i used mangle. and stood in front of boss behind tank. But good to know people are actually doing it being behind the boss and all.

And

Ya i will probably just continue to use DoC. The INC + NV was good to just get that bonus with fearless to totally destroy an add.

Thanks

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Marry Xmas guys, Sha HC down so we can slack.

Anyway, for those working on HC sha, Symbiosis DPS dk. It is probably the most insane boost you can get there.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Can you give a few more details here about what makes Death Coil good for us? Is it from picking up orbs on the platforms?

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

It is much bigger boost for a DK than having anything else for urself and others. Death coil is pretty useless couse even hiding from blossom you should barely be energy caped.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Ya knowing how bad Death Coil is, I was a bit confused. So the Death Shroom is pretty good on the P2 add AOE madness?

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

What we discussed it should really be. Despite 3min cd, you can use it 3 times. On 2/5/8 wave I think.

Next

Return to Boss Archives