Register

Majordomo Staghelm

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Site Admin

Majordomo Staghelm

Postby Alaron » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:30 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Majordomo Staghelm encounter.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Feral Videos:
Qbear: http://www.youtube.com/user/FluidDruidVids?feature=mhum

Exalted

Re: Majordomo Staghelm

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 am

You can shred him during scorpion phase, just make sure to run in front each time his energy approaches 100.

Postby exkape » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 am

would you be able to feral charge him from standing in front of him? or did 4.2 remove the ability where u cant feral charge from close bosses.
also, as said on main pages, shred is now 240 degrees from behind to be able to use shred instead of mangle spam

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:58 am

Stenhaldi's post is a bit confusing. Basically for those who don't know when Staghelm is in his scorpion phase and his energy bar reaches full he'll slash the raid for X damage split among the raid group. So you stack on the tank in order to keep him in this phase as long as possible.

Realistically the only time you need to be in front of the boss is when his energy bar reaches 100%, so if your fast enough feel free to move back and forth to avoid the mangle spam. However, you can not stand on your maintank and shred the boss like norm chim in a feud for example. (Just in case that's what you got by reading his post)

Also they did remove feral charge from melee range, which is sad because ravage hits like a mac truck.

Postby exkape » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am

yea was hoping that you may be able to go from the front to the back easily, like in V&T, made it alot easier

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:18 pm

exkape wrote:also, as said on main pages, shred is now 240 degrees from behind to be able to use shred instead of mangle spam

That's not true for all bosses. Blizzard only mentioned Ragnaros, Sinestra, and Magmaw.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Correct. They are using that ability on specific bosses that would really hurt Sub Rogues and Ferals because there is no good way to get "Behind". In the case of Staghelm its just simple to run through him and back to the front.

Postby mangle » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Working on this boss as we speak, doing the initial scorpion boss.. I noticed that if I'm on his 180o line (basically attacking his ribs) I still can shred and I'm still getting cleaved. Is the reason we stack for the cleave or is it to keep him in the scorpion phase longer (needing "x" amount of people to keep him from transitioning)?

Honored

Postby felhoof » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 am

Both. Less damage and keeping him in the phase longer.

Postby Kallapryy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 am

I was able to shred him while he was in scorpion form from his side just past his arm pincers and move back in for cleave. Moving to the back of the boss just took to much time, especially in the latter parts of the scorpion phase. As mentioned make sure you move back in. It's very obvious when someone doesn't make it as the raid will drop dramatically and you have 1 or 2 people untouched. Make sure you are watching his regen bar...as you get closer to when you want to push him I just found it safer for the kill to just stand in and mangle. For his cat spirit adds I would drop a mangle and rake on the add then continue back to damaging the boss. I found doing it this was it was harder for me to keep roar up though - so hopefully someone has a better solution.

Postby mangle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Use your combat points ASAP on the spirits (prior to their death) otherwise you will not be able to use the CP off the dead body.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm

mangle wrote:Use your combat points ASAP on the spirits (prior to their death) otherwise you will not be able to use the CP off the dead body.

You can use any combo points that were on a dead body to use Savage Roar as long has you have not generated combo points on a new target.

Postby mangle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Yup, that's fine but I haven't built any combo points on a different target when I'm trying to SR.

Also if we want to use FC, the best time is when the druid jumps in cat form out of the raid and starts to move in just slightly, that way you don't jump into his AoE.

Postby Rawf » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:51 am

Just do the same thing as with Ascendant Council, where after he jumps you run to the side and when he's run back in you charge him.

Postby Acalon » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:05 pm

On our 25 N Staghelm kill Thursday 6/30/11 I experienced the same bug/issue Mangle reported: any combo points built attacking the spirit cats that spawn must be consumed/utilized else they become unusable/lost like wotlk and prior days. It's not the conventional scenario of the game holding unused combo points and such combo points still being usable for a short while unless you've started in on a new target. That's how it's supposed to work and how it works everywhere else but those spawning cat adds. When those cats despawn (and they appear to immediately after dying) any combo points that went unused on them are lost. It's probably a bug or oversight, but important to note and adjust to in the meantime.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Acalon wrote:On our 25 N Staghelm kill Thursday 6/30/11 I experienced the same bug/issue Mangle reported: any combo points built attacking the spirit cats that spawn must be consumed/utilized else they become unusable/lost like wotlk and prior days. It's not the conventional scenario of the game holding unused combo points and such combo points still being usable for a short while unless you've started in on a new target. That's how it's supposed to work and how it works everywhere else but those spawning cat adds. When those cats despawn (and they appear to immediately after dying) any combo points that went unused on them are lost. It's probably a bug or oversight, but important to note and adjust to in the meantime.

Confirmed. I think this must be becouse there is no dead body. It just despawns when killed. I opened a ticket with Blizz.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:17 am

So, while not directly raid related...anyone get the kitty staff yet? Hoping to start attempts on Staghelm this week for it, just hoping the rng gods are friendly for once; I swear on whoever's grave that I will always keep this staff equipped, well beyond firelands if just to slaughter trash in future content (swaping in applicable upgrade for boss tries), until the day wow ends or I quit :D

/sigh

Postby exkape » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:46 am

yea i have got it, was very happy too cause heroic malevolence never dropped too.
also pretty fun in bgs/arena where i burst into flames, and had some guildies use pots of illusion to make whole bg firecats, endless fun!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... e/advanced

Postby Larc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:05 pm

mangle wrote:doing the initial scorpion boss.. I noticed that if I'm on his 180o line (basically attacking his ribs) I still can shred and I'm still getting cleaved.

I just want to reiterate this so nobody misses it; this is good information. My RL gave me leave to go behind him and shred but I figured I'd move as close to the raid as possible. I figured out that if I stood just behind the arm for his big claw, so I was attacking his armpit, I could shred and help eat Flame Scythes without having to move.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4eag94gzwz63dj19/spell/100212/?enc=bosses&boss=52571

Postby Ruan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:48 pm

mangle wrote:Working on this boss as we speak, doing the initial scorpion boss.. I noticed that if I'm on his 180o line (basically attacking his ribs) I still can shred and I'm still getting cleaved. Is the reason we stack for the cleave or is it to keep him in the scorpion phase longer (needing "x" amount of people to keep him from transitioning)?

<3

Postby Kallapryy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Stood on the claws 'elbow' joint. Worked as reported.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 am

Just to reiterate, and hopefully Evil will see this.

Standing beneath Staghelm's Claw/Pincer just to the outside of it, will allow you to Shred and soak the Cleave damage. Blizzard changed many bosses to have a 240 or 270 degree back in 4.2 so that stacking mechanics would not be as punishing to Ferals and Rogues.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 am

I just sat in his armpit tonight and it worked a treat. Jeez us druids mitigate a lot of damage in this fight. Barkskin, SI, the Tol Barad trinket, the talent that gives you 20% extra heals etc. Tranq, Stampeding Roar, Feral charge after Searing Seeds etc..This fight is great for using our toolkit.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:18 am

Ok for 10man, what's everyone letting his stacks build up to before forcing a form shift? We've done tries with both 3 and 4 heals (about the same either way), and we've been doing 10-12/5/5 for Scorpion and 5/5/5 for Cat form...any recommendations? I thought it was supposed to be more gradual in decline (like say 10/8/6 or something for Scorpion), but yeah...kinda lost, think we all were really since L2R didn't have a 10man vid up, so kinda hard figuring out what the proper amounts were for 10 instead of 25.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:28 am

shinryu wrote:Ok for 10man, what's everyone letting his stacks build up to before forcing a form shift? We've done tries with both 3 and 4 heals (about the same either way), and we've been doing 10-12/5/5 for Scorpion and 5/5/5 for Cat form...any recommendations? I thought it was supposed to be more gradual in decline (like say 10/8/6 or something for Scorpion), but yeah...kinda lost, think we all were really since L2R didn't have a 10man vid up, so kinda hard figuring out what the proper amounts were for 10 instead of 25.

We do 7(S) - 5(C) - 5(S) - 5(C) - 4(S) - 4(C)

Next

Return to Boss Archives