Register

Baleroc

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Baleroc

Postby Andolie » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 am

In response to the people discussing soaking a full shard as a cat, in our 25m runs, I've done this on hm without the use of Mirror or going into a hybrid spec or popping bear. How we've done it is to use a hpally's beacon on me (so I get heals while he's busy healing others) and our disp priest is spamming his direct heals on me to get uber stacks. The priest does put a shield on me at the very start, but other than that, he's saving all of his big cd's for the next person taking a shard (Pain Suppression and bubble). I just pop Barkskin around 8-9 stacks (longer if my health is doing well from beacon, I've waited til 11 before) and then I pop SI at about 15. I am spec'ed into NI to help out, but it I've had that all along. In an emergency I also have a lock stone I can use. I rarely use it though since I am more likely to need it on subsequent shards when our healers are all over the place. :lol:

I'm not sure if this would work for 10, since this strat depends on having a hpally and skill of the healer assigned to you for the shard, but if you want logs I can post them up when I get home. (My work blocks WoL and my guild's site, but not this one :) )

Honored

Postby Terias » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Honestly in 10h, I get sac at 12 stacks and then just pop BS+SI together at 17 stacks.

I'm not sure if they do less damage in 10, but I lived everytime doing it this way. Also spec'd into NI.

Seems like there's a lot of easy ways to full absorb shards.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:32 pm

It's substantially easier since the nerf - I've survived 25 stacks with just barkskin and survival instincts.

Postby Timidtoast » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 am

even prenerf(25norm) soaking the entire shard with just barkskin and SI was possible. Just needed to have healers knowing full well you were going to do it so you could have full hots/direct heals rolling(and time your SI/BS right). Granted that was on normal I can't comment on Hdomo prenerf.
Flying Fire Kitty's FTW!
No beta yet so my knowledge is secondhand. Please don't hold it against me!

Postby Andolie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:22 pm

It was possible on hm prenerf too, given that the healer knew ahead of time. After the nerf our ret pally was able to do it too, but with more external cd's. A point I love to taunt him with. :lol:

Previous

Return to Boss Archives