Register

Jin'rokh the Breaker

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Site Admin

Jin'rokh the Breaker

Postby Alaron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:42 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Jin'rokh encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Re: Jin'rokh the Breaker

Postby schams » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 pm

First impression on hardmone:
I played the first few trys with DoC but it's not comfortable . (Boss turns around for debuffs).
So the most trys i played with Hotw and soul of the forst.
Cast beserk at pull , keep dots up until you are in the puddle (save 4-5cp's bevor going in) . then refresh dots and cast Hotw . We use BL at this point. The pot is ~5-10 after BL ready . Save troll berserk (if you are trol^^) for this.
Then you can cast ~30 seconds Wrath. by 5 second i used a mouseover macro with wild charge to get fast out of the puddle (more dps).Use Barksin for the debuff explosion. After this you spend the rest of the fight in cat. It's a bit harder to avoid the orbs in the stormphase without the movement speed. (I get Symbiosis on the Paladin for bubble) . But you got so many cooldowns for thsi phase (Survival Intinct , Ursoc , Instant heal , health stone) so it wouldn't be a great problem.
After this keep dots up shred the hell out of the boss.
We took about 45wipes today cause most of the ppl have no movement ( -.- ).
Average DPS is about 170-200k (it will probably lower down with time).

Has anybody else some ideas / impressions ? would be great

here are my logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a ... amageDone/

Honored

Postby Vami » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 pm

25HC
My logs from our kill today: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n1mn ... =299&e=603

Symbiosis on a priest for Dispersion (only 3min CD so you can use it twice in the fight). DoC spec. Feline Swiftness.

I didn't use Berserk straight at the pull. Tried to have 5CPs ready and SR with a long time remaining for the pool-time. Once in the pool &boss in range (lust on), hit Berserk, refresh everything (pool=OP) and smash the buttons. When the ionization is at 10-5sec, go to a safe place to use dispersion (or do this earlier and call for a dispel). 2nd time use SI, for the 3rd one dispe should be up again. Berserk+pot when with the pool when Berserk comes available. Stampending Roar when needed.

During the lightning phase we stacked up further away from the boss to keep everyone alive (near the wall). Melee couldn't do much dps but at least everyone pretty much stayed alive. I just tried to refresh dots before going to our stack spot to maximize the dps.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:42 am

For 10h the dps requirements per person are (assuming tanks do about half):

5dps 3heal: 133k dps
6dps 2 heal: 105k dps

Fairly low requirements, the easiest way to deal with storms was stacking on the grates to make dodging orbs easy. He throws to one of two positions at the beginning and this determines the order for the rest of the throws. The best grate to stack on is the North or South(according to minimap) whichever one is furthest away from the first pool, this is the grate you will be stacking on for the entire fight. Using this strat our dps was still way above 140k per person including melee,and we killed right after the 3rd storm.

The application of the new Ionization debuff can be prevented by both cloak and bubble, but do not bubble after it is applied, this will set off the explosion in the pool and kill the raid.

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:24 am

"The application of the new Ionization debuff can be prevented by both cloak and bubble, but do not bubble after it is applied, this will set off the explosion in the pool and kill the raid."
Yes, nothing works. Cloak, bubble, alter time - every kind of this ability triggers the explosion = wipe. Boss is easy but one small mistake of a person = instawipe.
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:01 pm

I just berserk on the pull (a little over 200k a few weeks ago). Could be better to hold it assuming your kill is long enough that you can get a second berserk in right around the 25% mark and the early portions of a pool. Either way I don't think it would make a huge difference, the fight is boring =P lol.

Return to Boss Archives