Register

SoO - The Fallen Protectors 2/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

SoO - The Fallen Protectors 2/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:21 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for The Fallen Protectors encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Exalted

Re: SoO - The Fallen Protectors 2/14

Postby aggixx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:58 pm

I think HotW is probably the superior choice on this fight, Hurricane is quite good for Sun Tenderheart's Desperate Measure and it's also an excellent time for your Tranq. On normal it died too fast but on heroic you may be able to HotW both of her Desperate Measures and that seems like it would make it the obvious choice.

Took Soul Swap symbiosis for damage, although I guess you could take Divine Shield or Dispersion for the Embodied Anguish if you desperately needed soakers for some reason.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks for that, aggixx, I'll use Hurricane next time. This was another fight where I never really got going - or as soon as I did, the next phase began. Bleeds never ticked for long on anything.

We had a lock this time, but usually have neither lock nor rogue for target-swapping Symbiosis. Anything else to maximise damage? Also, how do people handle the burn phase in the end, assign certain dps to certain bosses, or just damage whoever is still highest in health?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:51 am

Sibylle wrote:Also, how do people handle the burn phase in the end, assign certain dps to certain bosses, or just damage whoever is still highest in health?

Make sure people aren't multidotting onto the two lower bosses as the final boss comes out of the desperate measures. Lust and start burning the boss with the highest health. When his health gets to around 1.5x the other bosses I called for people to start multidotting, and then when the boss you're burning gets to around 5% (or use best judgement) have your raid switch off that boss and let residual damage kill it, splitting the DPS onto the two other bosses. That should get them to die right around the same time.

Obviously there's room for optimizing this if you're tight on DPS but we didn't need to.

Postby Millerr » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm

On heroic Rook's desperate measures adds (Embodied misery, sorrow, and gloom) all share a healthpool so a warlock sym is extremely beneficial.
Another good sym target would be a paladin so you can soak a few hits from mark of anguish (it hits much harder on heroic and will require heavy cooldowns to even take a couple hits).
Try to avoid the desire to multidot at the wrong times (pad) on this fight since it can fuck up like no other if they phase too close together (at least not until your group has it on farm :P )

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 am

For Heroic: We lust off the bad and cleave as much as possible, getting Rip up on all 3 before getting back on the target you want to push is very beneficial. Symbiosis warlock seems nice at first but the bubble from pallies lets you soak mark for a very long time. Just keep it as long as possible before bubbling and then throw right before the bubble wears off or you might get one-shot.

Postby Karlzone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:45 am

Kraineth wrote:For Heroic: We lust off the bad and cleave as much as possible, getting Rip up on all 3 before getting back on the target you want to push is very beneficial. Symbiosis warlock seems nice at first but the bubble from pallies lets you soak mark for a very long time. Just keep it as long as possible before bubbling and then throw right before the bubble wears off or you might get one-shot.

Honestly I found bubble to be completely unnecessary. I used soul swap for the damage and still tanked Mark of Anguish for the full duration of my Survival instincts. As you said however it is very important to throw that debuff before your cooldowns end, else you'll die. If you want to hold the mark for longer than your SI, then yes you need to take bubble. I don't see why this would be needed though as you only need 4-5 people who can take the hits. If everything goes wrong, you could still throw it to the free He Softfoot tank. He should be able to hold it with cooldowns too.
HotW is definitely king for this fight with Hurricane usage on the adds in Sun's desperate measures (They share hp with the ones who spawn them so AoE is great).

Return to Raid Strategies