Register

SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

These strats will give you a 32.33% chance of survival...repeating, of course.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1593
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the General Nazgrim encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Honored
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Cetlysm » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Bleed swaping from adds to boss doesn't seem to generate rage when he is on defensive, or at least very few I didn't notice any gain really.
Bash can help control adds, typhoon to keep the shaman away from boss if you want to have the tanks range it.
No real use for hurricane, the adds at the very start die really fast, thrash spam with rune seems to be better, I'd say DoC depending on how much you actually need to switch to adds and HotW tranq also depends on your raid, the only real raid wide dmg is only done when he has lots of rage.
Last edited by Cetlysm on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 pm

I can confirm that Soul Swap bleeds does not effect his Rage in Defensive Stance.
Image

Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 am

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Karlzone » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Treants seem to be the best talent for this fight as their root control is good. I need someone to confirm this, but I wasn't seeing rage generated when those were summoned on nazgrim.

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Steakbomb » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:10 pm

From what I can see from the times I have done this on all difficulty, pets in general do not cause Rage on him. My mage is Frost and my pet is always on him and gains no rage and when I do this on my druid I always tank it and my treants don't cause Rage.
Image

Honored
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:29 am

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Paloro » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:41 am

Karlzone wrote:Treants seem to be the best talent for this fight as their root control is good. I need someone to confirm this, but I wasn't seeing rage generated when those were summoned on nazgrim.


Neither treants or soul swap causes rage gain, but in the overall, I have seen more practical gains from SotF since bleeds can be swapped to adds throughout the fight as well.
Image

Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 am

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Karlzone » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:50 am

To be honest adds die so extremely fast that you don't need the extra damage on them.
Then again... dps on Nazgrim is quite irrelevant until the last 10%, but I would guess that treants would actually do more damage for those 30-40 sec than SotF.

Honored
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:29 am

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Paloro » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:39 am

Karlzone wrote:To be honest adds die so extremely fast that you don't need the extra damage on them.
Then again... dps on Nazgrim is quite irrelevant until the last 10%, but I would guess that treants would actually do more damage for those 30-40 sec than SotF.


It kind of depends on what you are placing importance on. If you are talking about overall parsing, FoN will be the highest damage talent, but if you are talking about progression on this fight, SotF will produce less of a delta in damage and allows you to focus on other key aspects of the fight (switching to banners/totems).
Image

Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 am

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Karlzone » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Yeah exactly.

Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Dargaron » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 pm

How are people DPSing this fight?

As a feral, I'm finding myself moving around and swapping adds so much that my DPS is diminished quite significantly.

With my combination of trinkets and reforging (thanks to Catus), and talents (Dream of Cenarius) I'm thinking that I should tweak things around a bit to take advantage of the fight mechanics seeing as damage from DoTs will be low. So maybe changing from DoC to HOTW, using more direct damage instead of trying to get rips up, and swapping my Rune for my normal Haromm's.

While I expect there are probably serious flaws with my rotation in general, my item level is 569, I didn't expect to be so far down the DPS charts.

My armoury is here, and last WoL is here.

edit: I have displacer beast as a talent due to Thok progression.

Honored
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:29 am

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Paloro » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:42 am

Dargaron wrote:How are people DPSing this fight?

As a feral, I'm finding myself moving around and swapping adds so much that my DPS is diminished quite significantly.

With my combination of trinkets and reforging (thanks to Catus), and talents (Dream of Cenarius) I'm thinking that I should tweak things around a bit to take advantage of the fight mechanics seeing as damage from DoTs will be low. So maybe changing from DoC to HOTW, using more direct damage instead of trying to get rips up, and swapping my Rune for my normal Haromm's.

While I expect there are probably serious flaws with my rotation in general, my item level is 569, I didn't expect to be so far down the DPS charts.

My armoury is here, and last WoL is here.

edit: I have displacer beast as a talent due to Thok progression.


There is really only 1 high priority target per set (for melee). Just DB out to it as it spawns, get up your bleeds and as it is about to die, SS them back onto Nazgrim. If you are having to damage multiple adds, it seems your ranged aren't doing their job.
Image

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:51 am
Location: Ireland

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Sibylle » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:16 pm

We usually just set up a kill priority, so every target is brought down by everyone and they all die very fast, even on heroic (this is 10hc). It's a pain in several delicate places for me as well.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Dargaron » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:56 am

Yeah, we've all been swapping out to do it. I would have thought you'd put ranged on adds exclusively instead of having melee running around, but that's the way we do it.

Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: SoO - General Nazgrim 8/14

Postby Maengorn » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:29 pm

Dargaron wrote:Yeah, we've all been swapping out to do it. I would have thought you'd put ranged on adds exclusively instead of having melee running around, but that's the way we do it.


Yea my guild has enough ranged DPS to take care of the adds without me. Here is our last normal kill where I ranked 59 on DPS and my ilvl is 566.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qxhw2i5piggwrwvf/sum/damageDone/?s=6221&e=6516#Maengorn

Return to Raid Strategies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest