Register

Blackrock Foundry - Hanz'gar and Franzok

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Blackrock Foundry - Hanz'gar and Franzok

Postby aggixx » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Hanz'gar and Franzok encounter in Blackrock Foundry. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Revered

Re: Blackrock Foundry - Hanz'gar and Franzok

Postby Dysheki » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Seemed like they weren't both down long enough at the same time to justify using LI. Would need more testing but that's how it felt to me in my one attempt.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:07 pm

I agree, this is definitely not nearly as clear cut as Twins. In Twins both targets are active 100% of the encounter (even when Phemos is out for Whirlwind you can still Moonfire him) but that's not the case in this encounter. I would wager they're both pretty competitive, with LI favoring someone who can get a hang of the timing of when they're about to exit the encounter temporarily. I'm tempted to say Bloodtalons is the go-to just due to how undertuned LI is (and likely to fall behind with more gear).
ImageImage

Revered

Postby Nayni » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Played with BT on my Alt, and LI on my main.

It's a small difference to be fair and the fight is somewhat RNG when the boss starts jumping like a crazy fucker. If you play with LI and are able to keep the dot line rolling even when one of them goes untargetable it's probably better then BT.

I'd say if you're used to playing with LI on 2 targets, go for it, if it still feels clunky, stick with BT.

Talking about Heroic btw.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Honored

Postby inseedious » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:22 pm

I tried both too. I would say that LI is slightly better. I think BT has the better potential damage, but it's pretty difficult to keep both Rakes up when you need to do it. Especially when one boss is jumping from one side to the other, comes Moonfire utility. A ranged dot plus a way easier ST rotation. It really helps in the moving phases.
Courier | Nemesis EU

Honored

Postby Itharius » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:20 pm

I agree with pawkets that bloodtalons is the way to go here. You'll be cleaving occasionally, but not enough to justify taking lunar inspiration, especially with one of the bosses constantly hopping around body slamming the ranged dps. You should be able to get up a rake between body slams, so rake uptime shouldn't be a problem.

Honored

Postby TheLOOGE » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Does anyone know if either of the bosses still take damage while they're "inactive" and un-targetable a la Beastmaster Darmac? Maybe get a refresh of all of your dots before one of the two takes off... or do they remove dots when this happens?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Yes they take damage while inactive (Beastmaster does too, actually).
ImageImage

Honored

Postby Amitty » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:34 pm

One of our good fights in BRF. The inability to refresh Moonfire when one of them is away makes BT a better choice in my opinion.

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:15 pm

I tried Lunar Inspiration on heroic last night and it felt a little underwhelming. Just seemed like a lot of extra effort for probably the same DPS as Bloodtalons (or less.) I think they are away too much for it to really be worth it. I think I probably would have been more effective just focusing on a standard Bloodtalons rotation rather than trying to tab back and forth.

Twins is comparatively straightforward since the movement patterns are more predictable. I think I will likely go Bloodtalons for this next time I do it.

Honored

Postby Helistar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:28 am

I tried BT but during the high-movement phases I feel like I'm DPSing thin air, so I went back to LI just to save me the aggravation and get the feeling that even if I'm always out of range at least I'm contributing something....

Honored

Postby Dwade » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:35 am

The timing of the bosses leaving is based on what % health they are at. I was using LI and putting up full dots on the one that would be leaving soon. It was kind of hectic but not overwhelming to keep track of. The other nice thing about LI is you can use it from ranged which came in handy on this fight when they were jumping around a lot.

85-70% hans jumps out
55-40% franz jumps out
25-15% hans jumps out

That's what was listed on the wowhead guide, though I found there to be a little extra room to sneak your dots in.

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:26 pm

Did it this week with BT rather than LI and it honestly felt way better. The most important thing seemed to be getting buffed Rips and Rakes up on the jumping target. Also, being able to roll BT buffed Rips during execute range on both of them is a pretty nice boost. I think that probably outweighs the benefit of LI in most cases.

I managed 86% Rip uptime on Hans and 70% of Franz, even though I noobed out and let my Rip drop on Franz near the end for 10s.

Postby Weebo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 am

What would be optimal open on two targets without LI? Did this fight only once on feral because I was healing other times, but now we have enough healers so I can get back to DPS.

Revered

Postby Nayni » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Weebo wrote:What would be optimal open on two targets without LI? Did this fight only once on feral because I was healing other times, but now we have enough healers so I can get back to DPS.

It's specific for this fight because you gotta take all the random jumping into account. What I do is:

Start on Franz:
Prowl,
Rake,
Shred to 5
HT,
Rip,
Rake Hanz
Shred to 5 on Hanz
HT
Rip Hanz
Thrash,
Shred to 4 on Franz
Rake
FB on Franz
Rake Hanz
Shred to 5 on Hanz/Franz which ever is easiest
Rip Franz
Rake Franz
1x Shred Franz
Rake Hanz
Shred to 5 on Hanz
Rip Hanz before he goes up, you need abit of luck on this one though depending on how fast u push them.

Go nuts on Franz
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Honored

Postby Amitty » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:33 am

I think you missed some BTs there.

Revered

Postby Nayni » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:22 am

Amitty wrote:I think you missed some BTs there.

yeah couldn't be bothered to put them in there anymore at some point. obviously HT/BT fits in there at any point u hit 4/5 CP or it fades.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Honored

Postby Thandorr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:51 am

What are peoples heroic kill times looking like on this one? Ours was 5 mins so naturally, my damage tapered off because of CD drought. Just wondered if anyone was getting a heroic kill with less than 4 mins and what their damage looked like.

Convenient that both bosses are targetable for the entire duration of CDs/Trinkets, results in amazing cleave dps. Now, if I could only get them to < 25% with CD's up.

Honored

Postby Amitty » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:21 am

On Heroic the fight can easily be done in less than 3 minutes. Depends on the amount of gear you approach it with.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7 ... &boss=1693

Postby zedinsky » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:58 pm

What do you guys think about picking up the recently buffed LI for this fight instead of BT?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:29 am

Is likely the way to go. That's what I'm going to try Monday.

Revered

Postby Nayni » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:15 am

zedinsky wrote:What do you guys think about picking up the recently buffed LI for this fight instead of BT?

On heroic sure, on mythic probably not.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Postby minuï » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:59 pm

i actually try the mythic fight and i ve chosen LI with savagery and rake glyph. The dps is very correct and it's so easy to play. go test specially to learn the fight. Just a question: Why i can't target franzok each jumps?

Honored

Postby Zarzul » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:53 am

I try to Trash then both in range in the jump phase, where i could't target the other boss, not sure i hit, both.

toke it down late nite on mythic, pretty easy figth, IF you dont chasing the bosses in the Pulverize phase, just stand still with the rest and soake the jumps, and wait for the bosses to return.

only hard thing, was to time rip/rake on the jump away boss, in time :)
toke Feline Swiftness over "Blink" coz i blink to far, and died every time, if i panice blinked.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Nayni wrote:
zedinsky wrote:What do you guys think about picking up the recently buffed LI for this fight instead of BT?

On heroic sure, on mythic probably not.

Why? I split time between BT and LI last night on progression. With the amount of down time at range as they jump around having Moonfire to hit them when they are out of melee range is really awesome I think. I can't say LI was much higher DPS overall, but I felt I was able to be much more consistent.

Next

Return to Boss Archives