Register

Blackrock Foundry - The Blast Furnace

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Blackrock Foundry - The Blast Furnace

Postby Nephera » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Oh... well, but that means you're at least useful lol. Though I'd hate it too if I were you, thankfully we have our DK for that (well, he hates it too...)

We were leaving Engineers the whole phase and after the third Bellows Operator the tank was taking the mobs straight underneath the open furnace, and we were finishing off the Engineers then, when one was dead he moved a bit further so the rogue that detonated the bomb bags could have some space. My side's tanked by a guardian so if it was needed he would knockback the Engineer, don't know about the other side (well they had ele shaman ready). Generally if everything was right with interrupts we have had no problems at all there. I'll probably put up a video sometime tomorrow if you'd like to see it.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:11 pm

Dysheki wrote:I just hate everything about this fight and tanking just makes me suicidal. ESPECIALLY since engineers can't be taunted. Worst mechanic ever.

Speaking of tanking this fight making one suicidal, this fight is the reason for the Feb 25 hotfix

"Tanking Specializations no longer generate threat from heals."

In our pulls, every newly spawned add, anywhere in the room, would just immediately beeline for the paladin tank. It took a concerted effort between a brewmaster, mistweaver, and hunter on the other side to try to get them back, and they'd still often fail. This effect alone cost us a significant fraction of our pulls.

Revered

Postby Tremnen » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:15 pm

we were having the same problem with our prot paladin until the fix. our bear druid had to be in position to thrash when they dropped. magically that problem fixed itself after the hotfix.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:42 pm

Wow, thankfully I was not tanking at that time (not like it mattered since we have only used a pally tank for one fight this expansion, but still). That would have been painful.

Postby Senrye » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Interrupts are actually a very important part of this fight.

In phase 1, it's very helpful to interrupt the Furnace Engineers when they cast Repair (it heals 2% of the Heat Regulators' health, which just means more bombs, extending the phase). You can tell they're about to cast Repair because they move toward the Heat Regulators.

In phase 2, you absolutely need to interrupt the Firecallers when they cast Cauterize Wounds (it heals 10% of its target's health, which if it's Foreman Feldspar is A LOT). I used the talent Incapacitating Roar which actually works on the Firecallers (but nothing else, as near as I can tell), so it can interrupt both Cauterize Wounds and Lava Burst. If you end up with 2-3 Firecallers up, it's worth it to almost use this talent every time it's up.

This is from my experience on heroic mode.

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 am

We ended up assigning specific people to Firecallers to free up single-target melee DPS on the Elementalists. We also were clearing out the Firecallers before popping Slags to reduce the impact. Tanks can usually interrupt Cauterize Wound casts during Elementalist burn phases, however it never hurts to keep an eye out for it as an interrupt class. I feel like this is best left to ranged, though, unless a Firecaller ends up standing nearby.

Engineers can be important, but it really depends on your strat. We actually use Priest MCs in Heroic to speed P1 up and burn the first Engineer after he comes out of MC to force him to drop a bag. Second Engineer is MC'd as well, and P1 will end before he comes out of it. (This ends P1 shortly after the second Bellows Operator dies.) This means that, in general, there are no opportunities for the Engineer to really do much of anything and, as a Feral, I can just focus on cleaving between the Bellows and Feldspar for the most part in P1.

Ferals feel really good on this fight, specifically because of how fantastic they are at focusing Feldspar, Elementalists, and during the P3 burn phase. Ferals cleave is also pretty solid and Rakes on Firecallers and Slags are very helpful for controlling the fight. Even though I was 6th overall in damage done on our kill, I was number one on Feldspar and the Elementalists by a fair bit as well as roughly tied for first on the Heart with a Hunter.

Honored

Postby Amitty » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:21 am

Phase 1 of this fight made me want something like a minor glyph that removes the stun from Rake. During Incarnation I wanted to Rake the Engineer, but I couldn't, because if I do I'd stun him and delay/cancel his Bomb cast.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm

I didn't even think about that since I've focused on tanking this for mythic, but many ferals have been asking for something similar or to allow pounce make a comeback. By default I think how it works now is fine but a minor glyph to separate the two would be amazing. A minor glyph to take away the stun would be acceptable if asking for the separation would be too difficult,

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Amitty wrote:Phase 1 of this fight made me want something like a minor glyph that removes the stun from Rake. During Incarnation I wanted to Rake the Engineer, but I couldn't, because if I do I'd stun him and delay/cancel his Bomb cast.

We used Mind Control on the first wave on Engineers so they did not come out of that until after Incarnation had already faded. I was on the side with Feldspar so basically got Rip up on Bellows, then Rip on Feldspar, as well as Rakes on both of them and the nearby Security Guard. When Engineer came out of Mind Control (usually after the Bellows was dead and before second Bellows appeared) I would Rake and Thrash, reapply Rip on Feldspar, blink drop the bomb bag, then return around the same time as second Bellows and focus it down.

The whole sequence worked out pretty well for Feral, so that was nice.

Having a minor glyph that removed the stun on Rake could be useful though.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Dysheki wrote:Well, the worst part is I'm the third tank. I hate tanking but one of our other off tanks is playing his boomkin. At this point we are mostly having issues with one side downing the regulator in time. My side is doing well enough, probably 50/50 at getting it down in time. The other side isn't really using knockbacks and whatnot efficiently and letting bomb bags go to waste every now and again. I just hate everything about this fight and tanking just makes me suicidal. ESPECIALLY since engineers can't be taunted. Worst mechanic ever.

I'll also be three tanking this. Good thing I have a 698 ilvl tank set, so I can at least hide my poor play with good passive mitigation.

Honored

Postby Zarzul » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Hiya

Any mythic advice for FB, for feral, tips and tricks ?

Revered

Postby Nayni » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Enjoy the bench

Seriously though:
  • Don't touch the engineers with Rake when Incarnation is up, you shouldn't stun them it's important you don't.
  • Save ur 2nd set of CDS for Elementalist, they should be up for the first one, depending on how fast you'll kill them they'll be up again for another one, else just use in p3.
  • You can pre-dot the Elementalist before they become active, try to be at 5 CP when the Slag elemental is about to die and pre-Rip the elementalist before it gets active, so you only have to Bite it for maximum damage.
  • Overall Feral is dogshit for this fight so don't be mad if you get benched, coz chances are, it'll prolly happen.
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Honored

Postby Zarzul » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:10 am

Nayni wrote:Enjoy the bench

Seriously though:
  • Don't touch the engineers with Rake when Incarnation is up, you shouldn't stun them it's important you don't.
  • Save ur 2nd set of CDS for Elementalist, they should be up for the first one, depending on how fast you'll kill them they'll be up again for another one, else just use in p3.
  • You can pre-dot the Elementalist before they become active, try to be at 5 CP when the Slag elemental is about to die and pre-Rip the elementalist before it gets active, so you only have to Bite it for maximum damage.
  • Overall Feral is dogshit for this fight so don't be mad if you get benched, coz chances are, it'll prolly happen.

THX Nayni, for u're time and input, so if i read between the lines, if i have gear and could play a boomkin at ok level, i would help the raid better ? :P
coz we have a small roster.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:18 pm

It really depends on how good your cleave is getting additional adds down outside of the burst windows. Cleaning up Firecallers, and Guards is important. In my raid for some reason even though we have 2 boomkins, 3 mages, a DK, and an Enh shaman I still have to sit because Firecallers don't die soon enough. If the other adds melt you should be fine on your Feral. Any issues are happening Boomkin might be a help.

Postby Arnathis » Sun May 31, 2015 9:13 am

For the first time in my 6 year feral career I benched myself last night. We had a good but new mage sitting and I was just not cutting it. We needed the extra AoE/cleave to help keep adds in check during p2. Pretty annoyed with the spec right now. Considering going lock for HFC. Pretty sad.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Arnathis wrote:For the first time in my 6 year feral career I benched myself last night. We had a good but new mage sitting and I was just not cutting it. We needed the extra AoE/cleave to help keep adds in check during p2. Pretty annoyed with the spec right now. Considering going lock for HFC. Pretty sad.

Cleave isn't your role on that fight. It's too bad that your raid needed more cleave, but feral is ideal for priority target dps.

Postby Arnathis » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:24 am

Itharius wrote:
Arnathis wrote:For the first time in my 6 year feral career I benched myself last night. We had a good but new mage sitting and I was just not cutting it. We needed the extra AoE/cleave to help keep adds in check during p2. Pretty annoyed with the spec right now. Considering going lock for HFC. Pretty sad.

Cleave isn't your role on that fight. It's too bad that your raid needed more cleave, but feral is ideal for priority target dps.

I'm well aware. On a fight like mythic furnace the importance of cleave is huge. Adds can get out of hand quickly and if your aim is to kill each elementalist in two passes each then our ST burst isn't all that important.

It's great we have a niche, I just wish having it didn't mean we were meant to be utterly useless on everything else.

Previous

Return to Boss Archives