Register

Hellfire Citadel - Hellfire Assault

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Hellfire Citadel - Hellfire Assault

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Hellfire Assault encounter in Hellfire Citadel. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.

Honored

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Hellfire Assault

Postby Dwade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:10 am

For heroic this 'boss' was really underwhelming. The mini boss dies way too easily and there is no other long living add after that. Feral is a strong interrupt option for this fight though as there is plenty of spell casts to interrupt. I didn't play this one incredibly great, but it doesn't feel as bad as blast furnace or kromog hands.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:03 am

It's honestly worse than Blast Furnace because it lacks burns long enough for us to get anything out of our cooldowns.

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:19 pm

cds line up perfectly for Fellfire Artilley siege, the one that does huge damage to our cannon, maybe will be helpfull on mythic

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Pretty sure this fight will be a joke on mythic, so I'm not too worried about being super viable for progression here.

Don't go to ham with bleed cleaving, nothing sucks more than have a metamorphed dude up right as a siege engine is spawning.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Oh gods. Even on Blast Furnace, I was never at the *bottom* of the damage and dps lists. I guess I'll volunteer for interrupt duty next week.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby Minibubble » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:28 am

Sibylle wrote:Oh gods. Even on Blast Furnace, I was never at the *bottom* of the damage and dps lists. I guess I'll volunteer for interrupt duty next week.

Same here, that's so frustrating. We tried in on HC and it's just so annoying with positioning and semi short health pools. I volunteered for crate duty.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:59 pm

You're going to want to be the one that runs ammunition. This fight is just gross for feral. If you really want to maximize damage, I'd suggest focusing on the warlocks and fel orcs... the smaller guys die too quick to burst aoe.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:44 am

Feral isn't quite as terrible as I thought we might be, 3 minute cooldowns line up nicely with all of the minibosses and such spawning in the middle of the fight and we do great single target on all of the minibosses which are priority targets after the siege equipment is killed.

When the first 2 artillery spawn you can bleed the one opposite of your assigned side up quickly when they come down the middle of the room together, though I usually only went with a rake since they died so fast. My rip targets for this fight were the Felcasters and Berserkers to get them lower while we were killing other stuff.

Used Stamp roar when the first 2 artillery spawn, and again when we collapse to deal with the crusher/minibosses.

Postby Ikkman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:07 am

This fight on Mythic is a little better for feral than it is on Heroic. The adds are a priority system so it isn't all about AOE cleaves. However, it is still mostly not worth ripping almost anything besides the Minibosses(And the First Add on Pull). Still towards the bottom for most of the fight but seemed to maintain around 60k with ease of rake spread and Thrash for the fuckload of adds that show up in mythic. Unfortunately the night i was in on mythic for this fight we didn't kill it. I do think this is one of our weakest fights of the tier though.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Kraineth wrote:Feral isn't quite as terrible as I thought we might be, 3 minute cooldowns line up nicely with all of the minibosses and such spawning in the middle of the fight and we do great single target on all of the minibosses which are priority targets after the siege equipment is killed.

Problem is that you won't be able to utilize your 3 minutes because any guild with common sense will have you do bitch duty on munitions, and the tanks die well before the reavers. Although I guess if you're Pawkets or Stenhaldi caliber, you can convince your raid leader to have someone else do it. Sadly, I'm just a mere mortal with 140% run speed and 3 mobility cooldowns.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Munitions is hardly bitch duty. If it's what gets you into the raid, own it. You should be excited to have a useful task on a boss. Remember Boss Kills are what is important, not glory. Save that for farm when it doesn't matter anymore.

Postby Nephera » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:22 am

I actually volunteered for that. For two pulls we had hunters doing it, but even so my damage was lower that theirs, so I figured I'd let at least the one hunter at my side fully concentrate on DPS. Made me feel at least a bit useful! Finished dead last and behind the tanks in damage though.

This week I have at least the new 2p, so it'd probably be better, but still... I like having things to do, so I suppose I'll stick with that.

I'm glad that the first fight is like this, not further into the instance...

Postby ban2015 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Hey, new to the sight and fairly new to raiding. Just thought I'd add: My raid leader asked me to do single target duty for this fight. I focused down felcasters, terrors, the big ogre guys, and siege machines with blood talons rotation. As a caveat: we haven't yet beat it in Heroic. We overpower it in Normal so nobody cares what I do then. I got 30k (maybe a little more) doing this. Definitely nothing compared to all the dps free to use aoe, but still ok I think. So far, my raid leader wants ranged on gun reload duty. One more caveat: I have the Mirror of the Blademaster trink, so that's adding some aoe.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:43 pm

ban2015 wrote:Hey, new to the sight and fairly new to raiding. Just thought I'd add: My raid leader asked me to do single target duty for this fight. I focused down felcasters, terrors, the big ogre guys, and siege machines with blood talons rotation. As a caveat: we haven't yet beat it in Heroic. We overpower it in Normal so nobody cares what I do then. I got 30k (maybe a little more) doing this. Definitely nothing compared to all the dps free to use aoe, but still ok I think. So far, my raid leader wants ranged on gun reload duty. One more caveat: I have the Mirror of the Blademaster trink, so that's adding some aoe.

Everyone needs to be single target duty on whatever target the raid leader calls to swap to. Sacrificing cleave for single target isn't really going to help your group because the felcasters and tanks will only go down quickly if multiple people swap, anyway. Instead, I'd volunteer to run the munitions and let classes with better burst and cleave focus on taking care of the priority targets.

Return to Boss Archives