Register

Hellfire Citadel - Iron Reaver

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Hellfire Citadel - Iron Reaver

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Iron Reaver encounter in Hellfire Citadel. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Honored

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Iron Reaver

Postby Dwade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:19 am

This fight is pretty good for ferals, it gives our high mobility a chance to shine. During the air phase I just ran around raking bombs and FB if I saw one that was close to running out. Try to save up 5 combo points to rip as soon as the boss lands again. Displacer works out well to blink through the green fire. I also thought that blitz was kind of buggy where she would constantly flip around so it was hard to tell what direction it was really going in.

Note that you may have to remind your ranged that the boss takes 95% less damage in the air phase :roll:

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Always look at her shoulder to tell which way she is going. The legs do funny movements, but the leading shoulder will be your visual que.

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:36 pm

very easy fight for us as melee, just dps boss, on transition, wild charge could be usefull to fast rich bombs on transition

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 pm

I would always recommend displacer over charge here, when she does the second portion of her blitz you can displacer around where she will be rather than charge later after she is already in place.

Blinking through fire is always nice too.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:42 am

Wild Charge is way better for uptime in P1. It puts you in melee faster (no GCD), more accurately, and from a further range. Not convinced you need DB in the second phase for fire when you can often just walk through the gaps. You can get on bombs more often with Wild Charge due to the shorter cooldown which is quite maximized on this fight so the CD on DB is certainly a drawback.
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:16 pm

For heroic I can see WC being pretty good. For mythic though I think more oft than not your charge while getting you close to a mine or the boss will also land you in fire. If I also recall you don't actually jump over anything and so going over fire will cause unnecessary damage. I think DB is the way to go if only for getting out faster and farther when you have artillery. I doubt this is going to be a serious DPS check so uptime on the boss only really matters if you are trying to rank.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 am

Its just as easy to make sure you're not charging through fire as it is making sure you're not blinking into it. Just because it isn't a DPS check doesn't mean you shouldn't aim to have the highest uptime.
ImageImage

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:38 am

Mythic Stuff:

Ground phase bombs are generally left to ranged, i don't touch them unless I see a few spawn in melee and they arent getting wrecked by warriors/DKs

Burning Bombs, 40 second life span is more than enough to rake them and move on to something like a reinforced, try to make sure your debuff falls off if someone near you is dropping artillery
Reactive: These are generally handled by tanks/immunes, but bear form+SI works fine in a pinch, only took me to about 60% hp
Quick-Fuse: unless they spawn in the middle of nowhere these are generally obliterated by ranged.
Reinforced: I generally sit on these if I can find one relatively quickly, 1.25 minutes is a long time and these are the only bombs (aside from burning if they spawn far away from ranged) that are worth putting a rip on.

Remember after the air phase ends that there is usually going to be bombs left over, especially reinforced.

I like seed of creation on this fight, it is pretty easy to have 100% uptime during berserk since she waits so long into ground phases to do blitz. Soul-Cap is definitely a no here for me, boss can screw you over with blitz and it isn't going to help much during bombs unless you get to sit on reinforced bombs the entire time.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:47 am

Since you can cancel the buff on Capacitor now this won't be an issue anymore.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Since you can cancel the buff on Capacitor now this won't be an issue anymore.

Yea definitely, Soul-Cap just got a lot better on a lot more fights

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Still wouldn't want to use Soul Cap on this one unless you feel like gambling really, really heavily for almost no reason.
ImageImage

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:52 am

aggixx wrote:Still wouldn't want to use Soul Cap on this one unless you feel like gambling really, really heavily for almost no reason.

I don't see much of a gamble so long as you are assigned to reinforced/burning bombs, I used seed+censer for the first kill, but had no issues with soul cap subsequently

Return to Boss Archives