Register

Hellfire Citadel - Kormrok

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Hellfire Citadel - Kormrok

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Kormrok encounter in Hellfire Citadel. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Honored

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Kormrok

Postby Dwade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:14 am

Pretty straight forward fight, only advice is the use displacer beast if you happen to get an unlucky series of waves headed your way during a purple empowerment. It's also incredibly annoying that he jumps into the pools so quickly, might be worth holding off on berserk until after that but I'm not sure.

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:28 pm

ye think it better hold at pull with cds, but boss jumps not far into pool so it only 1-2 second before he came out, so be closer to edge to not lose precious time
also melee range of this boss is low compare to his size, having much problems when u need to spread a bit, especially in melee heavy raids

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:34 pm

If you are melee heavy, don't forget that you can fit ~3 people under the boss for pound and still have everyone out of parry range.

I totally forgot to check if you can blink during the hands, probably doesn't have any practical use, but who knows.

Honored

Postby TheLOOGE » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Dwade wrote: It's also incredibly annoying that he jumps into the pools so quickly, might be worth holding off on berserk until after that but I'm not sure.

Our tank just held the boss right next to the pool we wanted, so the boss didn't jump very far. At most, you'll lose a global. Use on pull as normal.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Do you want to pop berserk off the bat when you can save it for grasping hands instead? Getting in a thrash and 4 or 5 swipes is a pretty substantial amount of damage.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Itharius wrote:Do you want to pop berserk off the bat when you can save it for grasping hands instead? Getting in a thrash and 4 or 5 swipes is a pretty substantial amount of damage.

Hands should get deleted by dk/warrior/warlock, just use them on the pull

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Mythic

If you are using soul cap, make sure to have a cancelaura macro for it, he always jumps into a pool right before the explosion.

Wouldn't recommend using CDs on the pull since you need to soak a swirl thing when he jumps to a pool.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm

I used Inc + TF on pull, if you get favorable crit RNG you can Bite right after you hit 5 CP and land it right when he jumps away. Then Berserk when you re-enter melee range.
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm

I used Inc + TF on pull, if you get favorable crit RNG you can Bite right after you hit 5 CP and land it right when he jumps away. Then Berserk when you re-enter melee range.
ImageImage

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:59 am

aggixx wrote:I used Inc + TF on pull, if you get favorable crit RNG you can Bite right after you hit 5 CP and land it right when he jumps away. Then Berserk when you re-enter melee range.

Yea TF seems like a no-brainer, not 100% on incarnation since we use assigned spots to soak the swirl things and mine is one of the furthest from the first pool so I use it during the run back into melee, but I would guess it wouldn't be a big deal if you can get to soak one near the first pool.

Honored

Postby Dwade » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:10 am

anyone have experience doing runes on mythic? We have no rogues and a feral can certainly move fast enough to do it, just wondering if anyone has an idea of how many externals it might require.

Postby Nephera » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:20 am

Shouldn't ranged do that? We have healers, hunters and mages on that task. Melee step in when the runes spawn under the boss.

Honored

Postby Eltur » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:39 am

Nephera wrote:Shouldn't ranged do that? We have healers, hunters and mages on that task. Melee step in when the runes spawn under the boss.

pretty much this

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Kraineth wrote:
aggixx wrote:I used Inc + TF on pull, if you get favorable crit RNG you can Bite right after you hit 5 CP and land it right when he jumps away. Then Berserk when you re-enter melee range.

Yea TF seems like a no-brainer, not 100% on incarnation since we use assigned spots to soak the swirl things and mine is one of the furthest from the first pool so I use it during the run back into melee, but I would guess it wouldn't be a big deal if you can get to soak one near the first pool.

Yeah, I have been inclined to save Incarnation for after we get back since my soak spot is quite a ways away and even with Displacer out and Dash in, I wasted a significant amount of Incarnation time.

Like most, we are using the legendary ring on the hands which means it is probably better to save initial cooldowns for returning from the soaks and take full advantage of the ring usage.

Postby Nephera » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:53 pm

All of our melee have spots near the pool so we can immediatelly put out some damage on the boss (we had problems with that since we started progressing with the green pool but later switched to the orange one). We didn't bother with using the legendary ring on hands and just blow wveything on start so we can damage boss as heavily as we can while we have bloodlust (also we have two people doing hands and only one of them has the ring).

I think it's quite a waste to have melee away from the boss on soak, even if you have blinks etc. Ranged can just position themselves farther away on the start. You would be losing a lot of damage that melee can put out on start. I suppose it's less of a problem now with more gear, but the faster you can kill the boss, the better, right?

Honored

Postby Eltur » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:15 pm

Pull Boss
Deal 9 secs dmg
Move to soak positions
use BL and cooldowns now
Deal more damage
use ring on hands
let a warlock cataclysm the shit out of it and deal 2 million ring dmg to the boss like our warlock

Honored

Postby Dwade » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:55 am

Nephera wrote:Shouldn't ranged do that? We have healers, hunters and mages on that task. Melee step in when the runes spawn under the boss.

our ranged are bitching so much about having to do it and saying I should because I can run fast... idk just figured if it was possible I would give it a try.

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:45 pm

The boss is going to jump away anyway and the swirls disappear so quickly that, IMO, it's not really worth the risk to get a few seconds of damage at the start of the fight.

Keep in mind that since you usually tank the boss closer to the other pool during the fight that a 'bad' position on the pull is actually a decent position for the other soaks.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Melee should get the few that spawn near the boss. The ranged should get the ones at ranged. No hard. Tell them to stop whining lol.

Return to Boss Archives