Register

Hellfire Citadel - Hellfire High Council

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Hellfire Citadel - Hellfire High Council

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Hellfire High Council encounter in Hellfire Citadel. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Honored

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Hellfire High Council

Postby Dwade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:25 am

I went with LI here just to see how it would stack up against BT, only our usual logger forgot to log the fight so I'm not sure which is better. I have a feeling it is LI because Dia should be further away and it's easy to make a macro to cast moonfire on her. Also thought having a ranged dot was nice for the windwalk adds as they were pretty far spread out. I think moonfire damage was nerfed for all specs though as part of balance tuning....

Once again displacer came in handy if I had to move out during reap.

Postby nick.s » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Probably better to use wild charge over displacer here (because of the 15sec CD). If it's a dps gain to try to keep bleeds up on all three, then should be a gain to wild charge between dia and the other two.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:00 pm

While you might gain more DPS this is a much more execution fight than DPS check. You need to be careful when bosses push, and putting to much DPS on the weakest boss while stopping your DPS cycle on the highest health boss (Blademaster) you may end up hurting your raid more than helping.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Run around and rake ALL THE THINGS that mirror image phase is pretty fun imo.

I keep bleed cleave to a minimum here, only a few bleeds on dia here and there and not full pad mode. Like Tinderhoof said, this fight is not a DPS check. Bloodtalons will be good for the same reason it was good on Maidens, the important part of the fight is most assuredly not how well you can cleave down all of the bosses.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:02 pm

This is a multi-dotter's wet dream. Just rake + rip + thrash all the things. When the blademaster does his mirror image thing, we're less useful here than boomkins, but it still might be beneficial to pop dash and just run around raking and thrashing. Stack mastery gear for sure.

Postby Grizzlebee » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:07 am

My guild just got to this boss. We seem to be having issues with the fel rage, it always seems to target a healer or two making us miss out on a lot of damage. I have seen some guilds cleave both Gurtogg and Jubei'thos down to about 30% and then burn Gurtogg. Last night we tried burning Gurtogg as fast as we can because of the health debuff but post raid we were thinking that the additional fel rages could help with damage.

There's no way to control who the fel rage goes onto, correct?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Correct, it's totally random.

We tried both cleave and fast burn and to be honest fast burn worked out much better for us. The danger with cleave is you still have to get him down fast because blood stack really high. As soon as Gurtogg dies it becomes all about control. You don't want to push either boss at the wrong time, and you REALLY don't want to have bad reap placement.

Itharius wrote:This is a multi-dotter's wet dream. Just rake + rip + thrash all the things. When the blademaster does his mirror image thing, we're less useful here than boomkins, but it still might be beneficial to pop dash and just run around raking and thrashing. Stack mastery gear for sure.

While it may be fun to do this in heroic, you will die with out question if you do this on Mythic while Gurtogg is still alive. Due to the very high amount of damage going out even after he is dead makes it a stress on your healers it's not worth it at all (and you will likely die as well). I can not empathize this enough: After Gurtogg is dead the phase is all control and letting the healers manage the marks. Mindless burning and multi dotting is an absolute way to ensure a wipe. Keeping the raid together is critical because the damage gets really crazy really fast.

If you get reap always save at least 1 SI charge because there is a high chance by the end someone is going to run to the same spot you are, and SI will save your life.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:If you get reap always save at least 1 SI charge because there is a high chance by the end someone is going to run to the same spot you are, and SI will save your life.

This is why Reap is the only time I use Displacer, My reap drop location is much further out than the rest of the melee, which helps keep more room open for later.

Plus with stamp roar if you are running as soon as reap goes out you should avoid the hit from the ground effect completely.

Only time I do any sort of bleed cleaving (since my guild kills Gurtogg asap) is before we push Blademaster Jubei'thos to sub 30%, and only when she isn't doing the ghost phase.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Regarding Fel Rage, it is only a damage buff vs Gurtogg and similar to Gorefiend it can be beneficial to Bite instead of Rip when the effect is fading.

Tinderhoof wrote:If you get reap always save at least 1 SI charge because there is a high chance by the end someone is going to run to the same spot you are, and SI will save your life.

Yep, there's not really many other parts of the fight that you need SI for so fortunately this is pretty easy. Good to use at the end during the Dia burn and that's about it.
ImageImage

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:49 am

I didn't see anyone mention this and I know we aren't ideal for it since we have to swap forms (unless we use Claws of Shirvallah, herp derp!!1) but Soothe does clear Bloodboil's entire Fury stack that he builds up during Fel Rage.

We were missing our ranged Druids last night (so just me and a Guardian) and I still found some good opportunities to reset the stack with minimal DPS loss.

Ideally this is something Balance/Resto Druids will do, but there is little harm in Ferals helping out if they are dead, having range problems, or just not in the raid. Most other classes can only dispel a single stack at a time.

Honored

Postby Zarzul » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:32 am

hm why not use Soul Capacitor ? i think i saw a lot of logs with this trinket ?

Hellfire High Council - DO NOT USE! Explosions will waste damage on Jubel'thos during the opening burn on Bloodboil.

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:02 am

During pure progression it may not be ideal because of the 50/50 split of damage on Blademaster when you are trying to burn Bloodboil during his soft enrage at low health.

It is arguable how big of a deal this really is for a strong cleave class that can recoup a lot of the damage from having bleeds rolling on both targets, but it will definitely lower your focus Bloodboil damage during the burn.

I didn't use mine for the first couple kills.

Honored

Postby Karyy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:54 pm

I'd think at this point with rings and gear that the damage requirement is a lot easier to make and soul cap probably wont make or break it, you may lose half the explosion off on blademaster but it is amplified by 30%.

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:12 am

Perhaps, but this is always going to be relative to how close to pushing your progression envelope you are. We're going on our 6th kill, so not a big deal for us at this point--but a guild going for a first kill still might be pushing at a lower ilevel where the split damage could be relevant for ensuring they don't get a 3rd debuff stack.

Honored

Postby Zarzul » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:54 am

thx for info !?

after the hotfix we still wipe 2-3 time :) so i wait with this trinket, or RL yell, then it is 100% farm ill use it.

anyways!! have you tryed to delay the proc ? (i hate when it proc on pull, would love 5-10sec delay) i think about remove trinket and put it on before pull ?

Return to Boss Archives