Register

Hellfire Citadel - Kilrogg Deadeye

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Hellfire Citadel - Kilrogg Deadeye

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Kilrogg Deadeye encounter in Hellfire Citadel. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Honored

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Kilrogg Deadeye

Postby Dwade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:05 am

in heroic mode I took typhoon and vortex for the blood globules, but it was hardly needed as the ranged blew them up very easily. My guild was sending people with good aoe into the other realm so I didn't get to see that at all.

Postby Niff » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:07 am

Did this boss yesterday on heroic was in the realm with a rogue and a disc priest we had no problems getting 20 stacks but you should tell your raidlead not to send you into the first realm because your cds will be ready shortly after the buff fades. The second realm tho should perfectly lineup with your cds.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Niff wrote:Did this boss yesterday on heroic was in the realm with a rogue and a disc priest we had no problems getting 20 stacks but you should tell your raidlead not to send you into the first realm because your cds will be ready shortly after the buff fades. The second realm tho should perfectly lineup with your cds.

First group is going to be ideal. The first time you get the buff you will get to use your 2minute on use trinket and the second time you get to use Trinket+CDs. Second group doesn't get those all lined up. Only reason I would recommend second group is for mythic guilds doing heroic because the fight shouldn't last long enough to get the visions buff twice, but it will in mythic progression.

Don't forget to use your buff to kill the large adds that spawn from the pool.

Postby Gerrion » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Im actually going to agree with Niff. With Prepot+Beserk+Incarnation at start, they line up perfectly to be available after coming out of 2nd vision. During Vision, my guild had me (feral) a healer and a good cleave dps. I popped bear to tank everything and healer kept me alive. At 20 we all came out and my beserk + incarnation are back up ready to fire.

Postby Trepex » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:27 am

In some of our tries I had issues with coming back to the normal realm in human form and zero mana and thus not being able to go cat for a while. Don't know why but in the earlier tries I went human coming in to the other phase to hard cast HT and trigger BT. When I stopped doing that the problem went away.

Other than that I think we are a good choose for sending in with our burst if you have your CD:s available when you come out. Just make sure you get a strong AOE:er to come along.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:26 am

I was going to ask if it was first to go in 1st or 2nd. I'll see if I can get my RL to let me go in 2nd.

Also inside the first realm, is it better just to go bear form and Thrash everything?
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Honored

Postby Itharius » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Anyone know how to reliably get 20 stacks down there? Was doing Kilrogg on normal for lulz. First pull I did 140k (!!) dps after getting 20 stacks both times down, we wiped at 1% sadly. Second pull, I only got to go down once, and only got 13 stacks despite spamming thrash + swipe as I had on the previous attempt. The damage I take is super spikey and I tend to very quickly die while aoe'ing everything.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Itharius wrote:Anyone know how to reliably get 20 stacks down there? Was doing Kilrogg on normal for lulz. First pull I did 140k (!!) dps after getting 20 stacks both times down, we wiped at 1% sadly. Second pull, I only got to go down once, and only got 13 stacks despite spamming thrash + swipe as I had on the previous attempt. The damage I take is super spikey and I tend to very quickly die while aoe'ing everything.

I was rolling rejuv's on the other people + Survival Instincts. What we managed to do after a few attempts was to pin the adds in the hall where they are coming from. This meant that when the big ones died the left their puddle on the ground behind the debris so I had more room to move around. Typhoon and Thrash and Swipe. My other dps is a hunter so it was pretty good.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:45 am

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone had the thing where you "die" in the other realm and when you come and and get rezzed, you dont have enough mana to shapeshift. This was happening tonight a lot and I was also losing all of my buffs.

Anyone know if it's a bug or something?

Honored

Postby Wellwow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:53 am

Does anyone have a video of being in the other realm? Also, do any of you who go stay in cat form the entire time, or is going into bear form necessary?

I haven't had the chance to go in yet but the RL does want to rotate the responsibility/privilege. I don't want to screw up a farm kill when it is finally my turn.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:02 am

Wellwow wrote:Does anyone have a video of being in the other realm? Also, do any of you who go stay in cat form the entire time, or is going into bear form necessary? I haven't had the chance to go in yet but the RL does want to rotate the responsibility/privilege. I don't want to screw up a farm kill when it is finally my turn.

I'm raiding normals atm. Last week I was going in in Cat Form and I was surviving comfortably. Rejuvs + HT's + SI was usually enough. This week however, I have to go bear to survive and it definitely feels like I'm gaining stacks slower + the bug or what ever it is that kills me and I can't shapeshift. Though that doesn't happen every attempt.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:24 pm

The only super important thing to remember when doing the visions phase is to single target the first imps that come out to get some stacks going. Once you get a few stacks it gets pretty easy to blow up everything coming in.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:43 am

Mythic last night we had some people that would consistently fail at getting many stacks. So at the end of the night I went down a few times with lock and healer, used hotw bear, pretty easy to get 20 or close consistently.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:25 pm

If you're going down during visions, does t17 > t18 like on Gorefiend? I want to try it tonight on heroic if my RL lets me.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Only if you are going to have your cooldowns ready to go when you come back up with the buff.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:08 pm

So, I would take the second visions, right?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:18 pm

That would likely be best for you.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:45 am

I'd tend to think T17 would only be better if the item level cost is relatively small (normal to mythic, or maybe half normal/half heroic to mythic).
ImageImage

Postby CowPond » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:00 am

About to start Mythic prog on this guy. For the sake of progression and not my personal #s, is it good to send feral down there or are other classes better suited?
I have done it easily on heroic w/out HotW, especially easy with a destro lock with me I just pin them at the stairs. I suppose I need to actually avoid the explosions in mythic. Any advice on going down? If I do I plan to dps the first adds in cat, then go bear pop HotW, and thrash/FR all day. I have to be careful to not tank them on the stairs so I don't LoS them from the other dps. I guess typhoon big adds back down b4 they die, once they start channeling the explosion knockbacks don't work from what I remember. Any other advice?

Honored

Postby Karyy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 am

DKs with armies are always a safe bet for 20 stacks. We've never sent a feral down so I don't know how it'd work. Think you'd have to go bear if you want 20 stacks.

Postby critsom » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:33 am

Got sent down as #2. The first attempts I went HotW bear but later switched to cat as the DK with me had army. It went far better as cat. The dps was insane and landed a nice ranking

Return to Boss Archives