Register

Hellfire Citadel - Xhul'horac

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Xhul'horac

Postby Nephera » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:And there may be the disconnect. My first kill was almost 2 months ago while my raid was still fairly under geared.

My first kill was almost 2 months ago as well (10.08. to be exact). We didn't have ele shaman yet. Still, imps weren't a really big problem, but we had two DKs and three warriors which helped a lot. It is after all a fight where comp matters, but I can't see Soul Capacitor as anything as a good thing here. If you want to help with imps more and you get a proc, you can always explode it and still deal more damage to them, as Kojiyama said. If the imps go down fast, you get more damage on boss. And if it explodes when the imps spawn it's even better. Really, what's not to like?

Postby Simbba » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:53 pm

We just started working on Mythic Xhul yesterday the Imps were taking a bit to die. I was in there for half of the attempts so we could get all our raiders familiar with the fight.

I used H soul cap+ H Seed. I have H WF mirror should i run that with soul cap instead?

This is the best attempt we had for the whole night https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XV ... e&fight=19 . The most trouble we had were with the tanks exploding and chains going on the melee instead of the group of range. Do you know of any strats that could make it easier?

I did get a lot of fel surges during that attempt my dps not so good :(

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Definitely would run Mirror over Seed here. Mirror is very good for this fight.

Tanks exploding is probably just an issue with taunt swaps. Make sure they know that the boss can swap 'modes' off the normal timer every time one of the adds die.

Fel Surge count will make a big impact to anyone's DPS on a pull-by-pull basis, so don't worry about that too much.

Honored

Postby Amitty » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 am

Seed on the other hand is great for burning down the boss below 20% when Hero and ring are used. I'm guessing that the rest of the raid team isn't focusing them so much. Also make sure that you have melee interrupter per imp for the second cast (assuming that you have a Warlock interrupting the first cast after the grip). They aren't really a problem if they live for a long time, but only if they don't cast.

Postby scrátchh » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:01 am

Give mythic Malicious Censer a wirl If you you have it. It usually has a really high uptime on somewhat shorter fights.

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Amitty wrote:Seed on the other hand is great for burning down the boss below 20% when Hero and ring are used. I'm guessing that the rest of the raid team isn't focusing them so much. Also make sure that you have melee interrupter per imp for the second cast (assuming that you have a Warlock interrupting the first cast after the grip). They aren't really a problem if they live for a long time, but only if they don't cast.

While this is true, I think Mirror is all-around better unless you are specifically having issues with the final phase burn. I think the added boss damage in the middle phases due to hitting multiple big adds at the same time is probably worth it here. You also get to help out with Imps 'for free' without giving up much.

Previous

Return to Boss Archives