Register

Hellfire Citadel - Tyrant Velhari

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Hellfire Citadel - Tyrant Velhari

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Tyrant Velhari encounter in Hellfire Citadel. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Revered

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Tyrant Velhari

Postby Kraineth » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Pretty straight forward DPS wise.

Most important things to remember is that you can spawn 2 fire pools from tempest before needing to move I use This simple Weak Aurawhich displays 2 timers, when the first disappears I move out of the first 2 stacked blazes, and then move again when the second timer disappears.

You also should move out of the font of corruption stack location 3 seconds before it falls off so you don't get hit by everyone's cleave.

Honored

Postby Itharius » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:51 pm

I was able to parse very high on our first heroic Tyrant kill because the fight lasted for 6 min 30s, which meant I got a final set of cooldowns in her p3 burn phase while she takes an additional 100%+ damage. However, once you have her on farm, she'll drop to around a 5 minute kill, which means you'll have to decide between playing the fight correctly (cooldowns during p2 to beat soft enrage) or playing to parse (save 3 min cooldowns for end of p3). Another fight where padding =/= playing correctly.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Itharius wrote: Another fight where padding =/= playing correctly.

Yay for private logs :^)

one thing my guild realized after we killed her was that the Crushing Shadows ability is only cast on tanks, so the 5 yard aoe corrupted blast only triggers on tanks and people with Font of Corruption. So feel free to stack up in melee for that phase

Postby minuï » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 pm

just killed him with 8 melee dps ...tempest was very hard. Finally i ve found my solution. displacer beast back to me and go front 3 times and cut.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:54 am

We killed him with 11 melee DPS IIRC. Each of us plus the tanks got assigned a position on a clock face to deal with the Tempest, except for me who was told "just figure it out" so I just heroic leaped out to the middle of nowhere every time (could substitute Displacer Beast obviosuly if you find yourself stuck with this issue) :P The fight is really not hard at all as melee if everyone realizes you're not supposed to run around like a chicken with its head cut off and you won't necessarily get to stay in melee for the whole thing. On mythic you'll probably want to be a bit melee light just for the sake of maximizing DPS but I doubt it matters that much.
ImageImage

Return to Boss Archives