Register

Hellfire Citadel - Mannoroth

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Hellfire Citadel - Mannoroth

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Mannoroth encounter in Hellfire Citadel. As always, please specify raid difficulty when discussing strats - a Heroic tactic may be completely unfeasible in Mythic.
ImageImage

Revered

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Mannoroth

Postby Kraineth » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:26 pm

During PTR testing we abused vortex+Typhoon to get infernals out of melee range, where the entire raid was stacked.

The inferals are stunned for about a second after landing, giving you the chance to put a bleed on them and not take damage, pretty much just useful during the transition out of the first phase where mannoroth hasn't spawned yet and only the infernals/imps are around.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:00 am

Couple strat changes we made for heroic, we tank the boss with his back to the green pillar and use that to catch anyone with the fear/pushback until the final phase. We use knockbacks if the infernals get into our stack spot and always reset to the same stacked position after dodging everything that needs to be dodged.

Do not think you can just outrun the pushback in the last phase, use the pools to slow yourself down and Displacer if you get pushed out of a pool.

Honored

Postby Nich » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:17 am

I feel like I'm doing something wrong in the first half of the fight: just running around dotting - mostly just moonfire because range, and imps spread out so much. To the point I just swapped to balance because it's easier to spam moonfire with mana, and starfall helps a lot.

Revered

Postby Kraineth » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Nich wrote:I feel like I'm doing something wrong in the first half of the fight: just running around dotting - mostly just moonfire because range, and imps spread out so much. To the point I just swapped to balance because it's easier to spam moonfire with mana, and starfall helps a lot.

First half as in before mannoroth spawns?

Honored

Postby Nich » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:07 am

Even after, tho' to a lesser extent. Since ^ we've had more ranged than melee turn up to raids, so I am not one of 3 people trying to burn down infernals and imps.

Don't have logs to look at for better comparisons, but just by eyeing recount on kills, I'm sitting on ~35k dps whether as cat or chicken. Balance is slightly lower because non-optimal gear and missing some enchants and because I barely ever raid as it.

I may be doing what I'm meant to, shrug, and am just taking it a little sensitively to seeing myself not in the top 3-4 damage done for a fight.

Honored

Postby Thandorr » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 pm

By using moonfire, are you referring to being in human form and using moonfire or taking Lunar Inspiration level 100 talent? I would STRONGLY suggest you not take LI in any situation currently. Also, just do what you can for the period of time before mannoroth spawns, dot up/shred whatever you can, doesn't really matter. Once Mannoroth spawns, You should be focussing on him pretty much all the time (in heroic and normal). Don't worry about chasing down imps at that point really. Throw up a rake during downtime perhaps and continue using thrash with OOC procs when it is isn't already > pandemic on all of the adds. But definitely, Mannoroth is your primary focus overwhelmingly.

Honored

Postby Zarzul » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 am

Any 1 wanna throw, in a tip or 2 for ferals, for my next 150 + mythic wipes ;P

not many ferals have killed this boss.

Honored

Postby Bluewulf » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm

I guess it goes without saying for every fight but I found mannoroth a particularly good fight for abusing soul cap. As long as your raid kills imps in a reasonable fashion where your damage on them doesn't really matter, you will more than likely get a couple soul cap procs during them and I'd suggest redistributing that on the boss after a thrash + couple swipes. While I was the lowest on imps (even lower than a blood dk), I was able to do 10 million more dmg to the boss than the next closest in the raid. Also, be careful of the DK grips dropping infernos on you. I made sure I had an SI charge for those when I could.
Bluewulf (Redwolf/Bluewulf) - Illidan US

Honored

Postby Zarzul » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:41 pm

thx wolf, for ure time to post !

Honored

Postby Ehrenfailed » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:05 pm

just had my first day progressing mannoroth. what trinkets would you recommend? our warlocks werent there today and the imp dmg was low, so I chose soul cap/mirror but when we have the usual bomb dps I thought about going mythic censer/soul cap. I also got a heroic seed though...

Postby Shemesh » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:31 am

I was going good with Seed hc and SoulCap mythic, you realy want that boss dmg in p3 to skip as much of the fight as possible.

Postby illizit » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:52 pm

i second that question, what trinkets have you guys been using? Soul cap will proc instantly on the summoner also so are you waiting to Mann spawn to open up? just doing a late cast on HT for BT buff?
any help is grearly appreicated =)

Honored

Postby Batlecruiser » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:00 am

Soul Cap + Seed
Wait for Mannoroth to spawn or use Soul Cap switching if you want to dmg on the add, which is really unnecessary (only dmg push) ^^
For me it looks like: Precast HT, Stealth, Prepot, Add is dmged/Waiting For Manno, normal opener on Manno
Or if I am lazy: Prepot before add is dmged, HT, waiting for Manno, Pre-Incarnation, Rake, etc..

Postby Shemesh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:13 am

you can just use the soulcap swap wa to build up 5 cps on the summoner, then HT and when manno spawns you burst with full cds

Honored

Postby Batlecruiser » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:49 am

Shemesh wrote:you can just use the soulcap swap wa to build up 5 cps on the summoner, then HT and when manno spawns you burst with full cds

never thought about that :O thx

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Yeah, that's what I did on our progression. Swap Capacitor right before the pull and the timing works out pretty well.

You also have time to swap out of Cat and pre-cast HT before Mannoroth becomes active, so you can open the fight with a fully buffed Rip.

Return to Boss Archives