Register

Hellfire Citadel - Archimonde

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Re: Hellfire Citadel - Archimonde

Postby Kojiyama » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:08 am

Yeah, Seed/Cap should be all-around better for this fight. First kills even with the high ilevel are 3-4 cooldowns as Zedinsky mentioned. Seed should definitely pull ahead. It's also nice to be able to have more reliable TF Rakes for the add swaps without having to waste energy re-snapshotting.

Honored

Postby Ehrenfailed » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:04 pm

well, for me censer/cap worked better. I can pop 2nd cooldowns shortly before we enter last phase, with the class trinket I lose some uptime while falling/moving. Problem is if I pop cooldowns after we entered the phase, they are not ready for the third infernals where I am supposed to use them again. Also I dont know if our add dmg is just too high, but even without very good procs I always was kinda on the same level as with seed. but yeah, since I missed the kill and only got to 8% in the raids before, I will still have to test things out. :D

(I could not test class trinket too much though tbh, because we only want to have one doomfire and sometimes struggled with the burst dps...)

Revered

Postby Kojiyama » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:12 pm

I think the fight is obviously a lot different if you are doing something like a 2-3 heal/P1 lust/1 Doomfire strat compared to a 'conventional' strat. Using the conventional strat with DPS holds and such, most people are looking at a ~9-10 minute first kill time during progression. In this situation, Seed is great since you'll get a lot of CD periods out of it and most of the priority phases align with the 3 minute cooldowns pretty well. (Pull -> First P2 Deathcaller -> First P3 Infernals -> (maybe) Final Last Gasp Execute)

However, with a burn strat you are looking at more like a ~6:30 kill with perhaps having to hold second cooldowns instead of using them right away. So in this case, it's possible that Censer is better.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:43 am

Yeah, the 6:30 kill time seems great on paper but I often hold CDs for harsh infernals now and it makes seed a little shitty. As is often the case, usage of gear and CDs can change depending on your raid and situation.

Postby Qpa » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:35 pm

what do you think of the heilroom trinket with +15% dmg against demons?

Postby Tumpor » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:28 am

Qpa wrote:what do you think of the heilroom trinket with +15% dmg against demons?

The general concensus on it seems to be to use it if you don't have any heroic trinkets.

Postby luskedelars » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:21 am

Last raid i used mythic blademaster trinket, which actually worked better than i had imagined. Now that may be due to our composition or strat, but definitely better than seed, since (like others have stated) it kinda gets wasted while running or hunting infernals.

With blademaster popped on boss (last phase) our DK's grip infernal into melee range to be executed, which blademasters seems to help with.

I switch blademaster and censer in and out.

Postby Tumpor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:01 am

You just have to optimize your uptime for seed to work. I never run back to infernals that are somewhere near the ranges. Also you can use Displacer Beast and Skull Bash to move faster between targets. I try to have full bleeds rolling on Archi the whole time and then fit on short lived adds like Infernals or Void stars.
TBH I don't think Blademaster is a good idea. During phase 1 and 2 you rarely have more than two enemies inside the trinket because they move a lot. The same applies to phase 3 where you have one Infernal and Archimonde in it at most. I'd say Cap + Seed is definitely the strongest trinket combination (with the usual substituation of Seed with Cencer at low killtimes or if you're blessed by RNG)

Previous

Return to Boss Archives