Register

Gara'jal the Spiritbender

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Gara'jal the Spiritbender

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Gara'jal the Spiritbender encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Revered

Re: Gara'jal the Spiritbender

Postby Sibylle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm in a slow raid, we're only on our second Gara'jal kill so cat with me, please (har har).

I am aware that the spirit realm provides a buff. However, the more I'm down in the spirit realm, the lower my overall dps gets. The constant target switching is just sh*te, and I wonder whether it does more bad than good.

Of course raid damage needs to be minimised, the guys in the spirit realm must die. On the other hand, this is a dps race.

How does your raid handle this, especially with regards to kitties?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Hey Sibylle.

A few things to note about the spirit world buff.
1. You gain the buff "Spiritual Innervation" when you recieve a heal in the spirit world
2. The buff you get bumps up Mastery, Haste, and I think Crit (but not sure) for 30 seconds. Healers get a Spirit buff.
3. When you recieve a heal below it refreshes the 30 second buff.
4. The amount healed and the variaty of healing spells help stack the buff. The buff can go up to 22%.
5. Small weak heals will cause the buff to stack slowly or in some cases cause the buff to drop in potency.
6. If the spell is used over and over the buff will stack more slowly or in some cases cause the buff to drop in potency.

As a class Ferals should not be used to kill the spirits below. We don't have any real burst and are aweful at target swaping. What Ferals can do is go down with the group and get healed very quickly (use NS HT on yourself to help) and pop right back out (normal mode). If you get a LoH from a pali this should give you a full stack right away. This will maximize your uptime on the boss with the buff. Classes like Warlocks, DK's, SP's are much better at cleaning out the spirit world of adds. For heroic I am just full time on the boss. The enrage is pretty tight and healing can't be afforded to folks down below who arn't killing adds. We do have Ret's who can LoH them selves do that one time though.

Let the raid leader know you should either be healed right away in the spirit world for the buff, or just stay on the boss full time for you to do your best damage to the boss.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks, Tinder, this confirms what I suspected all along.

I love being able to come here and within hours clarify things I couldn't figure out myself. I really appreciate it a lot :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:22 pm

I'm just going to point out the alternate universe here, where Konungr is stuck on normal modes (mainly because all the good raid teams start raiding after I leave for work at night) and Tinder is in a guild that is actually progressing heroics... Why are there no heroic progression guilds that raid afternoons... /cry

Return to Boss Archives