Register

Amber Shaper Un'sok

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Amber Shaper Un'sok

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:09 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Amber Shaper Un'sok encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Revered

Re: Amber Shaper Un'sok

Postby Alpheus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 pm

This seems to be rather tank & spank with minor multi-dot periods; if you wanna rank you just cross your fingers and hope all planets align for an efficient construct transformation in P3. Has anyone had any other experience with this boss?

Postby Frozzenfire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

I found it usefull to get soul swap so i could get my rip/rake of the ppl that where changed to the construct when they got to 20% hp

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:59 am

We just attempted this on normal (10m) for the first time tonight.

We are a little confused about what to for the 2nd phase. During phase 1 we get 2 tanks down, and he gets pushed into phase 2 while the 3rd tank monster is out.

Do we leave the tank in construct for rest of fight? Or, get the tank out during phase 2 and nobody else?

I think we have enough DPS to push him into phase 2 before a 2nd tank gets spawned with some 3min. CDs (we were about 5sec off one attempt like that).

Any help, or simple explanation of how your group does this would be much appreciated! Thanks :D

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 am

You don't really want to push the boss too fast.

The point of the fight (at least on normal) is to get enough puddles on the ground to kill the guy in phase 3.

There are quite a few ways to do the fight with stack swapping, but I've found the simplest way is:

1.) In phase 1, extend the fight to 3-4 amber scalpels worth of amber, push boss as he's doing a scalpel/reshape.
2.) In phase 2, break people out as soon as they get reshaped. Use all debuff stacks on the monstrosity.
3.) In phase 3, there's like 30 pools on the ground, and people will drink them up gradually as more and more of them get reshaped, just burn the boss at that point.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 am

Thank you very much! This is exactly the information I was looking for :D

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:59 am

As an aside, make sure people in your guild are actually autoattacking while they are transformed. If you just left click what you're going to attack and then hit your '1' ability (the debuff one) you won't actually autoattack. That's where a lot of damage comes from. (but be careful because recount is buggy sometimes with the smash damage - shows differently for different people)

Postby kuriara » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 pm

As Dysheki pointed out, imperative you right click or engage auto attack on either the monstrosity or the boss. As for recount, or skada, it wont track others smash damage because at that point they are listed as enemy for the duration of their transformation.

Smash damage, from what i have observed, gets multiplied from the amberstrike stacks that the target has. So as the fight goes on in length, and the target has multiple stacks, the more damage your auto attacks will do.

Postby Vaporgriffin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

We started working on this in 25H last night and I had a few questions. Our strategy hasn't been completely nailed down yet, but we were trying a few attempts where we did 0 dps to the boss until he was up to 40-50 stacks and down to 73%ish health from careful tank and construct auto-attacks. We then lusted, popped all CDs and burned and managed to get the boss to around 30% each time. We then had people dying in P2 from losing their cool during the burn, or people dying in constructs, and one attempt we reached berserk after waiting a little too long in P1.

When we were trying this burn strategy, I went with Incarnation/Nature's Vigil, which was fine since we only had one ~15 second burn phase, but I don't think we're going to be keeping this strategy. From what I understand the goal tonight is to keep stacks on the boss all through P2 while we kill the monstrosity and then burn him down in P3.

I was wondering about a) general strategy that people find successful and stable, and b) whether DoC or HoTW would be more useful since there is so much add-switching going on. Unfortunately, we don't have enough warlocks that I'm guaranteed to get a Soul Swap, so I usually go with Shattering Blow, but could I get enough use out of Redirect even with the 1min cooldown?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Both strats you mentioned are viable. During our progression we tried both. We ended up going with 57-64 stacks on the boss in P1. While the setup is tedious as hell, it really puts the most responsability on the fewest number of people (mostly tanks). The second strat which we tried first caused a lot of issues as we had 1 perma construct (tank), and then random DPS/Healers. Trying to keep the stack up on the boss, and the Monstrosity at the same time can be difficult as there are times when there isn't enough overlap to have the perma tank just building stacks on the boss and eating pools. There will be a few gaps they have to interrupt the Monstrosity. If for any reason the stacks drop off the boss it's a wipe. The first method allows the perma construct to just stay on the Monstrosity and you will build stacks much faster. When you get to 30% on the Monstorsity the perma construct can start building stacks on the boss. You won't need many. One tip for when you get to the final burn several times. If any of the DPS constructs are going to run out of energy (out of pools) have them run to the farthest corner before they blow up so their construct has a longer distance to run to come blow up the raid. Good Luck.

Postby Vaporgriffin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

That's a good point about the constructs, since we will be rapidly running out of pools in p3 anyway. The goal seems to be that the boss should explode fast enough that this doesn't become an issue, but it would definitely help to have them run out to die alone once the pools are all used up.

The overlap times are definitely a problem, but our RL noticed a timing trick where if we wait for 4 converts in phase 1 and then burn the boss when he does the Scalpel/Convert, the constructs should line up in such a way that the person who gets converted can immediately interrupt the monstrosity. We were then following basically the strat you're describing where we let the stacks drop on the boss, keep putting up stacks on the monstrosity until it's down around 50-30%, and then have the constructs switch and rebuild the stacks on Ambershaper. With this method, we have to plan around soaking a couple of monstrosity explosions, but it looked like once we get the timing balance between getting the monstrosity killed and getting enough stacks back up on the boss, we should be in good shape.

Given the number of wipes that were due to people f***ing up the construct, rather than us losing to mechanics, I think your point about having the responsibility rest on the smallest number of people possible is a good approach. It's incredibly sad and frustrating that we're so far through the tier and people still have such a limited understanding of the constructs.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Normal mode was so easy that after the first clear or so folks could fuck up and it wasn't noticed. With 3 months of not paying attention it gets harder to refocus on a fight you used to take for granted. Going through the same stuff now on Sha. Folks being dumb on the platforms and dying because of it.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Vaporgriffin wrote:Given the number of wipes that were due to people f***ing up the construct, rather than us losing to mechanics, I think your point about having the responsibility rest on the smallest number of people possible is a good approach. It's incredibly sad and frustrating that we're so far through the tier and people still have such a limited understanding of the constructs.

This times 100. When they are going to put in really important vehicle mechanics like this they need to give people a way to experience it before hand. Like the daily quest in Coldarra that trained you for Malygos. It is even easier for them now as they could use LFR to do this. Instead, hardly anyone gets converted in LFR so every time a new person gets converted in normal for the first time (or the 3rd time for idiots) it is ends in a wipe. This took us 3-4 raid nights to get down and each time we had 2-3 new people with us - so frustrating.

They need to make the mechanics of the LFR encounters much more deadly. Make it so the fights are still completable with 1 tank 2 heals & a couple of DPS still up if necessary but make people die if they stand in the fire. That way you actually train people to be better players instead of most people not actually haveing any idea of the encounter mechanics despite having completed LFR many times.

/rant off :D

Return to Boss Archives