Register

Which FL bosses in order for both 10 and 25's

Honored

Which FL bosses in order for both 10 and 25's

Postby adianar » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

I'd like to back up a bit to ask each person which bosses are being tackled in which order? We started on spider boss, bailed after first night and downed hunter boss. Then, we went back and downed spider. Just finished Rhyolith last pull last night, but now do we go for fire bird or Baelroc?

Why did you pick the order you did? Melee heavy dps? ranged heavy? We might want to talk briefly on which grp make up's "should" have an easier time on particular bosses..

Erase if this is silly, but as an officer, I'm supposed to have input on the order and I don't have any input yet.. :) Looking for some though.

Adi

Exalted

Re: Which FL bosses in order for both 10 and 25's

Postby Konungr » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:50 pm

We went Spider/Hunter > Lord > Demon > Bird > Druid > Elemental Lord. 10 Man.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Shannox or Beth'tilac are super easy, Shannox is a tad easier I'd say since you need decent control of the adds on Beth'tilac, but he's also a bit more annoying to get out (have to kill some quantity of trash to summon him out). Lord Rhyolith is the next we did from there, as long as you have competent melee on the legs and someone good at "driving" (ie, calling out which leg to dps to steer) it's easy as well. Baleroc I'd recommend doing before Alysrazor as well, Baleroc is actually pretty easy in concept, it's just trying to make heads/tails of that healer buff and trying to keep the tank up. Alysrazor...is a pain, stuck on her pretty much, I'm doing the flying perfectly though so it's something related to the ground team that's killing us. But yeah, from there you then do Staghelm and Ragnaros in that order.

If your raid comp can do it, I'd recommend the usual 2 tanks and 3 healers, then 2 melee (or a melee/ranged hybrid like enhance/ele or kitty/boom) and 3 ranged; a lot of the trash itself is unfriendly towards melee, but from the 3 I've done and 2 we're working on, the boss fights don't mind; for example, on beth'tilac you can send one up and have the other below for interrupts/added dps, Rhyolith likes 2 melee on each leg (we also had one of our tanks go melee and be the driver), Baleroc doesn't care (in fact I think being melee makes it easier), Shannox doesn't make a difference, and Alysrazor needs interrupts somewhere on the ground.

Honored

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Our order of downing was Shannox, Rhyolith, Beth'tilac, Alysrazor, Baelroc, Domo, Rag...

That was the 25man progression, though, before we got that far, we did some 10man work; killed Shannox, Ryo, and Beth on 25man, offnight raided Alys, Baelroc, Domo, we got 3 Domo kills in before getting it on 25man, though, the other bosses to that point were downed in week 2, and Rag on 10 was killed week 4, week 5, I think, on 25man.

So far on heroic, Shannox is down (it's actually considered easier on heroic than normal, because you just burn Shannox while controlling dogs), have been working on Rhyolith (4% wipes... only got that far cus of talkin to a few other druids about positioning of frags directly under legs, but our overall dps is still shitty...), and next will be Beth'tilac.

From there, I think officers have a general consensus that Alysrazor would be the target.

Fairly sure both 10 and 25man have the same idea for heroic progression: people want Shannox, Beth/Ryo (weighted equally dps wise), then Domo/Bael, all before... *dun dun dunnnn* Rag. To my knowledge, the splits there (those marked with slashes for whichever you choose first) are based on raid comp. Obviously damage is a huge part of these encounters, however, things like Beth before Ryo has a lot to do with how many slows your raid comp has, for spiderlings, as well as Domo/Bael, the people eating stacks of Torment need to have max uptime of eating, while doing damage, so the right CDs are imp.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 pm

OK. We're at 7/7 reg now. 25 man through Alys and 1/2 x10's through Rag. I've seen one post about heroic progression. Is that the consensus? Toro's list?

Thanks,

Adi

Revered

Postby Qbear » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:38 pm

If your still talking about 10mans then first is always shannox it's pretty much a free kill.

From there it becomes what you have in your raid group if you have good slows like frost dks and hunters then beth is good fit. If not Lord Ry would also make a good second choice.

Aly from a most basic look is all about if you have 10 people that can not stand in the fire for literally 15 minutes. Then again If your healer core is very strong then both Baleroc and Domo are much easier to obtain on 10 then 25. (They are still harder then shannox and lord Ry; however, much less stressful then their 25m counter parts)

My suggestion Shannox, Ryolith, Beth (if you have a frost dk), Aly (if you have a few kicks as well as an overall aware raid), Baleroc (If you have great healers) Domo (again healing core)

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 am

Not really meaning to bump up an old topic, but what's a good plan for H 10man progression? Shannox first obviously, but where do you go from there in terms of ease?

Revered

Postby Qbear » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:43 pm

10man's a bit different then 25.

From what I've been told Bath is actually one of t he last heroics you want to do on 10m due to weird dps needs and group make ups for adds and what not.

Most do Shannox followed by Lord R, from there Baleroc if your DPS is awesome, Major Domo because it's pretty silly, or Alys if your raid can stand out of the fire.

Of course to get to Domo you do have to clear everything so keep that in mind if your trying to plan a whole week of raiding.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:23 am

Qbear wrote:10man's a bit different then 25.

From what I've been told Bath is actually one of t he last heroics you want to do on 10m due to weird dps needs and group make ups for adds and what not.

Most do Shannox followed by Lord R, from there Baleroc if your DPS is awesome, Major Domo because it's pretty silly, or Alys if your raid can stand out of the fire.

Of course to get to Domo you do have to clear everything so keep that in mind if your trying to plan a whole week of raiding.

Well we just did Shannox tonight; kinda funny, I was the lucky winner of the token out of the 5 of us, even though I didn't even have the pants yet until we killed Staghelm later and he miraculously dropped the right shoulder token too, for which I was the last to get (still no bloody firecat staff...arrrrghhh!). But still, finally got the 4p, now to get used to the weirdness of having an overly long Berserk...

So yeah, guess we're gonna give H Rhyolith a try next week, should be interesting.

Honored

Postby adianar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Just an update to my own post, we're almost through H Ryolith now, progression should have it down today/tomrrow and it seems to be a bit of a question at to whether we are going to H Baleroc or H "spider boss". I understand the issue to be Baleroc next if you are already 1 tanking him, but the spider boss is accessible too. We have completed H Shannox 2 weeks now..

This would be for H 10's..

Adi

Return to Boss Archives