Register

Ra-den

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Site Admin

Ra-den

Postby Alaron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:58 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Ra-den encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25).

Re: Ra-den

Postby mystidruid » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 am

Just started working this guy last night. 25 man

The strategy our raid lead went with is a one list strat. First blue hits and debuffed person runs to purple and debuff target goes to yellow. once yellow gets zapped they run to purple and the next person to get zapped goes to yellow. once u zap the person on yellow you collapse back onto boss. The crackling stalker is being tanked on the raid and being stunned. then we use my typhoon and a shaman knockback just prior to it death to blow it out safe.

We only had 9 ranged dps last night so i tried to help by soul swapping onto the orbs. This week the plan is to bring 2 more ranged dps so i don't think i'll need to swap to the orbs. I'm thinking to just keep symbi on the lock and soul swap onto the stalker. Other than that I just pop a cd prior to receiving the debuff and they have me scheduled to HotW tranq at 18%ish in phase 2.

Our logs were crap as we kept trying different strats so I'd rather not link them. Just mostly looking from those with experience for any other tips for this guy.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 pm

If you have warlocks they can setup gateways between yellow and purple to try and help folks move faster after they get the debuff. For our first kill's we had all the druids put symbiosis on the Rets so they could Wrath spam. Because of their insane haste it actually ended up being better then my soul swap.

Postby mystidruid » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:06 pm

That's right we do have lock portals from yellow to purple. Wrath spam is a good idea! We don't always have a ret pally but I'll run that by the RL when he's deciding what melee to bring.

Postby Qualiti » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:39 am

I was not impressed with soulswap at all on this fight, You will do much more dps to the essences by pooling a little energy before spawn and walking up and mangling 3-4 times with a FB, or save your tiger's fury if need be. IF you pay attention to your timer's there is no real risk of getting hit by the debuff(cant remember what it's called). We struggled quite a bit on Ra-den because we only had 3 range dps on our first night of attempts. As far as maximizing if you have a gateway you should stay on the boss till 3-4 seconds remain till next debuff then jump, helps up times a lot. Spec typhoon and bash to help out with the crackling adds

we're a 10m guild but we lust on the pull and push him before the 7th orb so it ends up being a great trade off since he doesnt get as many stacks going into p2.

1 tank, 2 heals, 3 melee, 4 range is what we go with.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:04 pm

In 25s the debuff jumps every 5 seconds so running out to melee the orbs is much less of an option.

Postby Qualiti » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Had no idea it was 5s in 25, definitely much more of a limiting factor. Well what I said is still applicable for 10m for those who need the help!

Return to Boss Archives