Register

Morchok

Revered

Morchok

Postby Qbear » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Please keep all discussion of the 10/25m LFR, Norm, and Heroic Difficulties of the Morchok encounter limited to this thread.
Thank you.

Revered

Re: Morchok

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:42 pm

A feral druid with thick hide and natural reaction (i.e. a hybrid spec) is the best choice for stomp soaker on heroic. A rogue with feint is not far behind, but no other spec (other than tanks) compares to these.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:51 am

Complete joke of a boss on LFR or any normal mode, almost fell asleep DPSing him; you stand up close to him, DPS, run behind pillar when he does his black ooze thing, FC back in, rinse and repeat. His drop isn't that bad (shoulders would be nice to go offset eventually), but nothing else notable to speak of, so good place to hope the trinket or ring will drop.

Postby Serringa » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:46 pm

For heroic stomp soaking, am I correct in assuming that the damage is physical and armor reduces it? Does Perseverance work?

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:17 am

It's physical and mitigated by armor.

Postby mangle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qncs1-dNDZU

Our Heroic Morchok kill. :) I am a stomp soaker, there's more specifics of our strat in the description but I figured this was more relevant.

[ Feral Tips ]

[ Stomp Soaking ]
If you don't have any timers showing, refer to the Stomp section for more advise. Go into bear immediately upon seeing the cast time. I often GCD'd myself due to not knowing when stomp was going to happen, make sure that you can safely shift as the Stomp cast is 1.5 seconds. (To ensure this, I would often stop attacking to make sure) You'll want to spec into 3/3 Furor for this as the energy return will be better (remove pts from Brutal Impact) or Thick hide for more armor (I was at ~68%).

[ Feral Charge ]
Best time to feral charge is during the Pillar phase when the pillars disappear, and he stops casting. The pools will still be visually on the ground for a couple seconds but you can safely charge and take no damage once you arrived at the target.

[ Combo Points ]
If you can, try and be on the split where you get to stay on Morchok. Your combo points will still be up after the split, if you're assigned to Kohcrom your combo points will not carry over (try and use it on Savage roar so they're not wasted).

[ Tranquility ]
A great time to tranq would be immediately after a stomp where your side took a lot of damage. Try and talk to your healers when this would be ideal. You will have enough time to go through the entire cast and go back to DPS.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:30 pm

I was on Soak duty as well.

- The best way I found to know when a stomp is comming is be watching your debuffs. After the first stomp everyone who took damage (your whole side) will have a Stomp debuff that lasts 10 seconds. As soon as this debuff dropps he will start casting stomp again. If you are watching your debuff you won't get stuck out of bear form.

- The best time to go for the second Berserk/pot (and lust) was after the Black Blood of the Earth cast. You will get your longest grace period between stomps right here. DBM has a great stomp cooldown timer to watch. Also if you have to swap to bear before Berserk is over, when you swap to bear dont' forget to keep mashing mangle. It's not as beefy as cat, but it's better then just lacerating.

Postby Jqar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:27 am

10man heroic:
When you run into the crystal link attached to someone else, the crystal will link to you instead, atleast it seemed to work like that (we had some issues understanding how it worked at first when assigning soakers on each side). Split the raid in two groups, 1 healer, 1 tank, 3 dps. Your ranged dps should go nuts with multidotting and the boss should die within 4 minutes. As a feral you would want heroism at pull, but talk with your group and plan whats best, dot classes might like to have heroism available for multidotting after the boss split. Wouldn't say its necessary to save heroism for the last phase as that (believe it or not) will lower your dps due to the simple fact that the burn phase is shortened, and its not really an intense phase at all.
It's also reasonable to stay on the boss with 4% physical dmg taken debuff on it.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:46 am

Jqar wrote:When you run into the crystal link attached to someone else, the crystal will link to you instead, atleast it seemed to work like that (we had some issues understanding how it worked at first when assigning soakers on each side).

It seems that if you have less than 6 Ranged(Healers/Casters) it will bug (possibly intended) and not allow you to trade the link with other people(On 10 Heroic). I was always on the left side, yet the Crystals would never target me and would instead target the Priest Healer from the group on the right, even though I was much closer.

Postby Jqar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 am

Konungr wrote:
Jqar wrote:When you run into the crystal link attached to someone else, the crystal will link to you instead, atleast it seemed to work like that (we had some issues understanding how it worked at first when assigning soakers on each side).

It seems that if you have less than 6 Ranged(Healers/Casters) it will bug (possibly intended) and not allow you to trade the link with other people(On 10 Heroic). I was always on the left side, yet the Crystals would never target me and would instead target the Priest Healer from the group on the right, even though I was much closer.

We had 5 ranged. As far as i could tell in our attempts it never mattered how far away or close we were to the crystal before and after spawn(random player every time), but we discovered by accident that we could take over the link connected to someone else, not by running closest to the crystal, but by simply cutting off their line/link. I'm not sure if i expressed this properly in the first post, running closest to the crystal will NOT let you take over the link to someone else, its the link itself you gotta run into. Just thought I'd clarify since you said you couldn't trade links with less than 6 ranged. Also, people attempting this, take a chill pill and don't rush to crystals right away if you are on soak duty, watch the stomp timer and help soak that first, it all perfectly lines up if you think about it. From memory: Stomp -> Crystal Spawns -> Stomp -> Run to Crystal -> explode -> FC -> free Ravage! :O The only kinky part was when we got crystal on the same side twice (groups were pretty close to eachother), but we had a well coordinated raid where both groups overlapped, just how we like to play :)

Return to Boss Archives