Register

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Revered

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby Qbear » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Please keep all discussion of the 10/25m LFR, Norm, and Heroic difficulties to the Yor'sahj encounter limited to this thread only.

Thank you.

Exalted

Re: Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Not exactly Feral related, but you can pass this on to your spell casting druid brethren. If the blue ooze is let through you get the big mana drain spell. If you are in a Feral form (ie Bear or Cat) you will not lose your mana. Just a quick shape shift during the cast pop back out and you can continue to cast without having to worry about getting mana back.

If things are getting rough right after all your healers have gone OOM don't forget tranq can save the day (even the feral one).

Honored

Postby Toro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:44 pm

For anyone tanking this, the boss channels in the middle and tanks (gogo bear in cat form) can dps the slimes to help get them down faster.

Not a big point, but I had to tell the person I was tanking with that he didn't need to taunt the boss when I ran to attack the oozes, and that he could help as well!
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Honored

Postby mekell » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:28 am

Tinder have you confirmed that works with non-feral druids. We tried this the first night, and i was the only one having any luck. The other druids were resto and boomkin. Its possible they were screwing it up though...

Postby Afje » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 am

Tried the shifting trick last night as well and the non ferals still got mana drained, seems like this is based on spec and not form.

Honored

Postby Laurind » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:13 pm

same here, it didn't work for me (as resto) or the other resto druid

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 pm

As we killed it on Tuesday I didn't get a chance to go back and try it. Looks like I jumped the gun here. Oh well, worth a shot.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:09 pm

I think we can safely say that in cata Blizzard has logic that makes spec decisions for druids based on both spec and form. We know that we can avoid seeds on Majordomo by switching to bear form and also get the LDoA buff on Ultraxion by also switching to bear form. No doubt this is part of the motivation for moving us to four separate spec trees in MoP. So, in general do not expect spec-based mechanics that work for ferals to work for any other class in the game, and simply enjoy the benefits while you can.

Honored

Postby Laurind » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:25 am

It's not worth to rip the oozes, right?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:36 pm

It really depends on how fast they die. You should be able to tell how fast the add is going down by the time you have 5 combo points. If it's still above 70% it may be worth it. If it's about to hit 50% you will be better off pooling energy for a big FB. This will change as your raid gears up, or you start doing heroic, so you kind of have to feel it out as you go.

Postby taio » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:51 am

Hey everybody!

i don´t know whther its the right place because its not exactly feral related, but i´d like to know whether anyone has already done some heroic experiences with this boss.

yesterday we figured out that there are 6 possible ooze combinations,whereoff 4 are quite easy and 2 are really nasty.
the easy ones:
Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green (kill yellow)
Yellow, Blue, Purple, Black (kill yellow)
Blue, Purple, Green, Black (kill black)

moderate:
Blue, Green, Black, Red
kill green means stack together in the manavoid; not that easy especially for hunters and healers need to keep moving, however everybody advices this strat.
best for us worked killing red, spread out and focus down manavoid and adds.

nasty ones are:
Yellow, Purple, Black, Red
we did the first with killing yellow to avoid 2 waves of black adds however the add dmg plus red is barely healable with purple up!
the other conclusion is to kill purple, stack up and blast every dps CD there is. unfortunately our dps is still to low!

Yellow, Green, Black, Red
is the badass combo where we have no conclusion!
kill yellow to avoid 2 add phase but killing ad while you have to stack(red) and be 4 meters apart of each other(green) is only doable with pro positioning.
kill green means you can stack but have 2 waves of adds whereoff the 2nd will persist into the next "ooze-call-phase"

if someone has some advice i would be thankful!

our raidsetup is:
Tank: Feral
Heals: Paladin, Holy Priest(could spec to sicipline), (possible alternative is only a resto druid)
DPS:UnholyDK,Feral,ElementalShaman,Shadow,Firemage,MMHunter,Moonkin

thanks in advance
taio

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 am

There are a LOT more combinations on Heroic 10 than just those 6. Simply by setting up a number sequence I have found 9 different combinations and those are just the ones that include all of 1 color. I will post up our kill video of it later tonight. Basically our strat was to use a DK Tank (Since they have so much passive healing and magic absorption, this makes soaking a Purple Ooze so much easier.) and two healers) Our normal comp has our DK Tank as our Boomkin/Resto Shaman and our two tanks are Paladins, sadly we sat one and the other went Ret for this encounter.

Our general strategy was this:
If Green and Red ever come out together, Green is mandatory Kill target, no matter what else is up.
On the first set that we end up having a Yellow and Black on the boss at the same time, HeroLustWarp.
If There is a Red and Blue at the same time, the tank will kite Yor'sahj to keep the Blue in Cleave Range.
Any other time there is a Blue, the Melee will simply go out and take care of it, if Ranged help, it will go down even faster and your healers will love you more.
Anytime there is no Yellow, and only 1 Distance Ooze (Red or Green), Black will be the Kill Target, to give more Single Target Direct Damage (besides the Mana Void) to help push the Enrage Timer. [*]
We left 2 melee, Enh Shaman and Rogue on boss for the Oozes, and they only peeled if we through we would need assistance in killing the ooze in time (usually called them off if there were still Black Adds up.

[*]Purple, Blue, Black, Green or Red are the two combinations this will work for.

Once we had these set-ups in place, the fight became so much easier. We didn't care about Purples, since our DK tank could keep himself alive without gaining stacks and as long as we made sure to take out one of the high damage colors: Yellow, Red, Green.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 pm

There is definatly more possible combos.

There is an addon that let you setup combos and call kill order based on ur own pre defined choices. So basicly you can scrap all possible combos and set it up for urself, launch and forget :P

Honored

Postby Rarge » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:37 pm

If there are 6 different types of ooze and each combination is 3 of those 6 I believe there would be C(6, 3) = 20 possible combinations.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Rarge wrote:If there are 6 different types of ooze and each combination is 3 of those 6 I believe there would be C(6, 3) = 20 possible combinations.

There are 4 Oozes on Heroic, which is what the above poster is referring, either way, there are more than 6 combinations.

Postby Wicks » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:36 am

Konungr wrote:
Rarge wrote:If there are 6 different types of ooze and each combination is 3 of those 6 I believe there would be C(6, 3) = 20 possible combinations.

There are 4 Oozes on Heroic, which is what the above poster is referring, either way, there are more than 6 combinations.

I was talking to a guildie, Taliana(aka Funkydude), one of the developers of BW while he was working on the Yor'sahj addon to BW, and he assured me that there are only 6 combinations in both [N] and [H] (based on PTR testing, this was before we even pulled him). I was a bit surprised there wasnt more in [H] though. Since then we had 2 (normal) kills and I am pretty sure we only ever got those 6 combos.

Checking the wowhead database, this is what I found: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=105420#see-also-other

Spell IDs are same for both it seems: [105420][105435][105436][105437][105439][105440].
*NB* I have no clue how designing spells works, and whether adding one extra ooze to normal would change the spell ID or why it does not.

If we are wrong though, I would appreciate if people find out more combos to post them here (even if it will probably take a while before we are on heroic Yoshi), thanks :)

Postby Jqar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:42 am

heroic

black/blue/green/red
black/blue/purple/yellow
black/green/purple/red
blue/green/purple/yellow
black/blue/green/purple
black/green/red/yellow
black/purple/red/yellow
blue/purple/red/yellow

With clever use of game mechanics this boss goes down pretty fast. Using 2 healers 1 tank, roughly 1 min from enrage.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:38 am

My guild and I downed Yor'sahj heroic for the first time yesterday *yay*

I did not-so-awful but there's definitely still lots of room for improvement. Meters are a challenge as I only stay on Yor'sahj during the very first ooze, after that they need me to go after the oozes as well.

I run to the ooze, with the help of a Stampeding Roar from either me or our feral tank (we take it in turns) and usually manage to put up a Rip before 50%. If I'm really lucky I get in a FB, but most of the time I just gather 3 or so CPs before the ooze dies, which I then turn into a Savage Roar before Feral Charge-ing back at Yor'sahj. Does that sound ok?

It's a challenge if there's an "adds ooze" because once I'm back on Yor'sahj I'm frantically getting my bleeds back up. I'm sometimes still working on that when the adds arrive, or I just manage to put up my Rip and end up completely out of energy. And then I'm supposed to Swipe adds, which is agonisingly slow and ineffective when you start with zero energy. How do you handle this? Delay the Rip on the boss to pool energy for Swipe? Save a Tiger's Fury for the adds?

Any help is much appreciated :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Samskeyti » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:22 am

Grats on getting him down Sibylle!

I'd like to know some input on this too. Last night we had a 0% wipe on him :-(
I'm also juggling Stampeding roar with our othe feral so we'll have it at every ooze.

Over the past weeks, what I learnt to do is to hold the first berserk till after the first ooze is dead. If I'm lucky, we get many oozes, swipe swipe :-) And then, every time an ooze is down and berserk is available again.
On the other hand, I also have pooling issues that you have, what I'm trying to do is get everything back rolling on Yorsah'j when we get back after killing an ooze. Usually, tiger's fury is still on cooldown then from when I used it to dps the add. So it takes ages to get everything up, and by then, the adds are there. Also, I do my best not to use berserk without tiger's fury so I also have to wait for that cooldown. Then, whilst swiping the adds, I still keep Yorsah'j as my target and keep everything up on him, so all in all, I could swipe adds much more if I didn't care about him. But then I think, boss must die so it is important to keep dots rolling, even if it means we start swiping later because of the before-mentioned TF cooldown, waiting for energy etc... And this is where meters don't do you good, as if you'd only swipe, you go up on the ranking but if you focus on boss too, you're spreading the damage differently... That's what I think, but I'd love to hear from others about tips and tricks and tweaks :-)

Postby Serringa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Unglyphed Mass Regen with 4T13 does not trigger Deep Corruption stacks.

This is very useful on 25 heroic with some of the harder purple combinations.

There is some misleading info earlier in this thread - there are only 6 ooze combinations, even on heroic. They do not repeat until each of the 6 has been seen once.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I am about to try this fight for the first time and am curious to know how you go about the mechanics of the FR with 4T13.

Presumably you go chasing the ooze and then switch to bear before it's fully down to wait out the 15 secs. Then FR and switch to cat once its duration is over? Just wanting a few hints.

Postby Paramount » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Yor'sahj may be one of the fights that it's actually better to remove the glyph of FR, stay in bear form and provide the healing yourself during difficult purple phases as your FR heals will not stack the debuff.

As far as shifting back into kitty after applying a glyph FR, it has been my understanding that shifting out of bear after triggering the ability would not remove the buff, although I noticed in a raid the other night that I personally *did* lose the FR buff when I shifted. At this point I'm not entirely sure if the raid keeps it or not, or even if the kitty himself keeps it and losing the buff is just a buggy icon/tooltip kind of thing. I'll have to test it out again when I log on later.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:57 pm

I tested the glyphed FR recently before an Ultraxion pull and I immediately switched to cat. Healers confirmed that the buff remained up.

So...Hit enrage and then FR?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:20 pm

If you are using the glyph you are giving everyone in the raid a 30% healing taken bonus. The range compontent is only for unglyphed and will go away if you shift into cat. No need to worry about hitting Enrage.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Sorry, I was talking about un-glyphed for this fight - from what I understand glyphed *will?* increase people's stacks?

"Unglyphed it currently provides the raid with a heal worth 0.75% of the Bear's HP per second (rage permitting)."

That's why I was asking about how I would go about getting a full rage bar before triggering FR.

Next

Return to Boss Archives