Register

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Exalted

Re: Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby Konungr » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Grenache wrote:Sorry, I was talking about un-glyphed for this fight - from what I understand glyphed *will?* increase people's stacks?

"Unglyphed it currently provides the raid with a heal worth 0.75% of the Bear's HP per second (rage permitting)."

That's why I was asking about how I would go about getting a full rage bar before triggering FR.

It will not increase stacks, while you are in Bear form waiting, make sure to attack the boss, building rage through landing blows, plus Enrage.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 am

Many thanks guys. I guess the difference between glyphed and unglyphed FR is that unglyphed "actually heals" people, whereas glyphed just increases other people's healing. I was having a hard time working out why you would use one on Ultrax and a different one on Yor'sahj.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

Grenache wrote:Many thanks guys. I guess the difference between glyphed and unglyphed FR is that unglyphed "actually heals" people, whereas glyphed just increases other people's healing. I was having a hard time working out why you would use one on Ultrax and a different one on Yor'sahj.

Glyphed FR + Healing Weapon + Tranquility = ZOMG HEALZ... Even after you shift out of Bear Form, the buff remains on everyone else in the raid if it's glyphed.

Postby Paramount » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah the healing staff macro'd into tranquility is certainly a win combo to be sure. However this is the Yor'sahj thread.... so although it may be obvious I will still mention:

Do NOT use tranquility with your FR on purple phases during this encounter.

I'm guilty myself of only half-skimming a couple posts and subsequently interpreting the suggestion wrong only to wind up confused corpse until common sense kicked. Don't be that guy.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 am

Ok...had some fun last night trying 25H for the first time. Was quite surprised to find myself in the bottom half of the dps considering the cat mobility. Like some posters earlier in this thread I struggled to put up a quick rip once returning to boss each time, though FC ravage and 4t13 ravage helped a bit. I kept trying to keep up full bleeds and swiping on clearcast, but whilst the boss was above 60% this was challenging. Our best effort was 7%. I used FR a few times so that probably didnt help either as it meant I was in bear for around 30 seconds per attempt.

Not really sure where I can see myself improving really. Rips on the boss always drop off a long time before oozes are down. I guess just save my pot and berserk for a black phase of adds when boss is below 60. Or just focus on swiping at the expense of the boss perhaps. I am not likely to be able to tunnel the boss when other less mobile classes are around I.e ret pallys and dks. I did around 42k.

Tips are welcome!

Postby Paramount » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 am

Coming straight from the mouth of an admitted meter-whore and what my friends like to call a "World of Logs stalker," this is one of those fights that you should just minimize your damage meter off of your UI. Just focus on the mechanics of the encounter and respect the limits of your spec. A 7% wipe on your group's first night of attempts will quite likely result in a 2-night progression kill.

Honestly if your healers aren't having trouble during black then berserk+swiping with black would do little more than soothe your own pride. While progressing the fight myself our group has excellent DPS so I knew we would get a sub-9-minute kill and I wouldn't get a 4th Berserk. Because of that I would wait until the first slime died and I got back to the boss before I would Berserk since you get cut off if you use it on the pull. The only time I used it to kill Forgotten Ones was when we had a black/yellow phase and the second set spawns late in the phase, and even then only when that was happening on the 4th or 7th Call Blood.

If you also obsess over damage meters, it may help to think of it in terms of "being a good kitty to earn my 410 staff he's going to give me." That's what I try to remind myself as I sink to the bottom of recount on this fight each week. Seriously he needs to drop my heroic loots already. Blizzard doesn't want to mess with a nerdraging kitty that's been told "A more powerful spell is active" for the billionth time.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue May 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Paramount,
I was just that fortunate kitty in our 10. I still don't have a heroic tier piece with 5/8 heroic dead for multiple weeks, but I did get my Heroic Vial of Shadows and that damn staff!

Good luck getting yours..

Adi

Previous

Return to Boss Archives