Register

Warmaster Blackhorn

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Noctirus » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Heya guys.

My guild's currently working on Warmaster 25H. We've killed it 3 times but last night was the only time I actually went in there for the kill. Long story short, my DPS absolutely blows here. I try multi-dotting the Dreadblades and Slayers as much as possible, though it gets interrupted by the blooming charges. I was wondering if anyone's got tips on how to put out more DPS on it.

Ref: Tanks tank adds on the right-side's metal rail (where the fire doesn't spread) near the drake. Do you guys swipe while an add is happily charging across the deck?

Honored

Postby Terias » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:44 am

You can pre-pot before combat starts, with a timer (dbm has one). Get FF on the first add as he's dropping down and be at range so you can FC to him in the opener.

Berserk in the opener on the first add, get sr and rip up, then swap immediately to the second add - if you timed it right you should be swapping to the second add right as the first charges.

The second one will charge at about the same time you get rip on him; as soon as you have rip up on the second target, swap back to the first target and refresh rip with a rake/FB (he should be below 60% at this point).

Swap back to the second add and stick on him until he's dead.

You'll try to repeat this for the next 2 sets of adds.

Focus on minimizing downtime. Every second you aren't on a target adds up to a lot of lost dps, get into the habit of meeting them halfway in a charge run back if your fc isn't up, or predicting the charge and dropping cp to swap targets during it. If your target charges and you aren't ready to switch, FC and sprint at the same time, you can keep up with them as they run back to the group.

Try to use FC as much as possible in this fight. It makes up for lost dps from target swapping with extra damage/cp's, and it's our best gap closer. Maximizing tiger's fury and fc usage will get you much better numbers on this fight.

Phase two is a bit more straight forward, just get a solid single target rotation up and swap when you're supposed to - I would hold the second berserk/pot for the warmaster <after> the dragon takes off. Using it with the dragon up risks you getting the debuff and having to run out of raid during berserk.

Postby Noctirus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:59 am

Thanks for the fantastic tips, Terias! I've got the pre-pots, FF, initial FC, Berserk and dots on the first add sorted out. After that the timing just goes bust amidst the fray of chaos. Will keep working on keep the downtime to a minimum and will definitely use FC a lot more! Thank you!

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:36 am

What screws me over in Phase 1 is the Onslaughts - always at the worst times!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:24 am

You don't run out with the debuff - it hits the whole raid regardless (unless you're trying to avoid getting healed, but you have to get healed at some point and my healers have always preferred to just heal it off gradually with AoE healing).

Honored

Postby Grenache » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 am

Hi guys - I'm trying to improve on this fight but I have a nasty habit of eating some charges at times. As melee with our positional shred requirement, I'm of the belief it's trickier for us than most. Do you guys rely on the ground markers or the DBM / DXE charge timers on 25H.

Also, I'm dreading the RL asking all melee to dps the drake as I find it tricky to get within range / angle and not fall off. Should I be asking our tanks for some specific positioning here? Perhaps I could just Rake the drake and Swipe with the two other melee adds around.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:02 am

Ok - had some more goes last night, and we actually got to P2 a few times. DBM thankfully has some Blade Rush timers, which helped a bit. Still, this is quite a chaotic fight - fire everywhere! :)

Honored

Postby Toro » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:44 pm

If there's fire everywhere, then your soakers are NOT doing a good job.

In a defense that your soakers might be doing well, there was an issue where fire didn't actually exist, despite visibly being there, though I think it was resolved with 4.3.4? Someone correct me on that point, as it was stated in raid last night as we were clearing.
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Honored

Postby adianar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 am

Heroic 10 Man:
Is anyone else keeping 1 tank on both melee chargers and using the second tank to absorb the swirlies? Several guilds are using this tactic on Gnomer and it seems to be working. This is not what Icy Veins, etc discuss as a strat however. The specific GM that told me about this is a bear tank holding the melee adds and the absorb tank is a warrior in one instance.

Any thoughts to this?

Thanks,

Adi

Honored

Postby adianar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm

adianar wrote:Heroic 10 Man:
Is anyone else keeping 1 tank on both melee chargers and using the second tank to absorb the swirlies? Several guilds are using this tactic on Gnomer and it seems to be working. This is not what Icy Veins, etc discuss as a strat however. The specific GM that told me about this is a bear tank holding the melee adds and the absorb tank is a warrior in one instance.

Any thoughts to this?

Thanks,

Adi

Well, we tried this last night and 3 shot it. I don't recall seeing this strat, but it definitely worked. We were into P2 with 50+% boat life. This was MUCH easier...

Adi

Previous

Return to Boss Archives