Register

Druid Macros

This and that.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Druid Macros

Postby Antioch » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey folks, long time reader first time poster :)
Theres many sites where macros are available and some on here already but thought it might be nice with the changes being made, now and in cata, to post any new macros people have come up with.
I'm kitty ms and resto os so heres some of the ones i use at the mo....

putting start attack into many of your abilities is always a good idea, i use it on ff...

Code: Select all
#showtooltip faerie fire
/cast faerie fire (feral)()
/startattack

Stampede/ravage macro...

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage

Thorns macro, with the problems in threat at the moment every bit counts. The following will attempt to cast thorns first on focus, if no focus you can then click it and put it on whoever you like by clicking on raid frame and finally you can place it on yourself by pressing a modifier like Ctrl...

#showtooltip Thorns
/cast [mod, target=player] Thorns; [target=focus, exists] Thorns; [target=none] Thorns

Although mana isnt a serious problems for us druids a lot of other healers seem to be struggling a bit when it comes to mana, especially on some of the harder fights like halion hc. this is a similar macro to the thorns macro for innervate....

#showtooltip Innervate
/cast [mod, target=player] Innervate; [target=focus, exists, help] Innervate; [target=none] Innervate

Soothe macro. Still trying to beat this new reincarnation of the formerly useless soothe spell into the other druids in our guild. With no range restriction on casting it , unlike hunters with tranq who must be far enough away, having a soothe macro is quite helpful. i use the following...

#showtooltip Soothe
/use [@mouseover,harm][@focus,harm][]Soothe

it will attempt to cast soothe on mouseover first, if no mouseover then on your focus and if no focus then on your target

Finally a rather simple macro but one that most people forget about. Barkskin is a lifesaver as we all know but doesnt hurt to buff it a little. I'm sure most of you raid with a lock and like 90% of people take one of his healthstones and never use it, i know i never did :) So i made the following simple barkskin macro....

/cast Barkskin
/use Healthstone

incase you don't raid with a lock you can always add in "/use runic health potion" or whatever it will be called in Cata at the end of the macro. The macro will use barkskin and attempt to use healthstone first, if no hs then will use pot

Honored

Re: Druid Macros

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 pm

A good Panic macro I use because I love to stand in fire. You need to shift into Bear Form in order for it to work. I haven't implemented a modifier to power shift into bear form yet.

#showtooltip Frenzied Regeneration (Bear Form)
/cast Frenzied Regeneration (Bear Form)
/cast Survival Instincts
/cast Barkskin
/cast Enrage

It's always best to shift-click your abilities into the macro from your Spell Book to get the wording write as a lower case letter where an upper case letter should be will "break' the macro.

Here is a small list of macro sites I found usefull:

http://borkweb.com/story/wow-druid-macros
http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356433
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:22 pm

I do not think this is a useful macro for a couple of reasons.

If you are tanking you should never blow all of your cooldowns at once. If healers are having trouble keeping you up that is one thing which you should figure out what is going on. If you waste everything at once you won't have any for the next time you spike and then you die.

If you are using this as a cat, you really shouldn't be finding yourself in a situation that you would only be saved by using everything at once. Pretty much raid damage that you should expect you can likely survive just using one at a time. Same situation as bear, if more aoe happens you will have nothing left.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Hmm, true true, perhaps using /castsequence but that would just save bar space. I play Cat and find myself in sticky situations due to a lack of knowledge in fights until I learn so I understand it's my fault for being in the situation. I have used it in PvP a bit to some avail. I will rethink this macro.
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Take a look at my post in the UI section for some good macros.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:56 pm

People use Thorns?

Postby Antioch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:18 am

shinryu wrote:People use Thorns?

I'd rather use thorns at the start of a fight in the hope i don't have to use cower once its actually started, every bit of threat counts especially when you have lazy tanks.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 am

Thorns is about 35k threat to a tank over the entire duration, it's completely pointless. If your tank is bad and you need to cower etc then find another tank, honestly.

Postby Antioch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:21 am

Floofles wrote:Thorns is about 35k threat to a tank over the entire duration, it's completely pointless. If your tank is bad and you need to cower etc then find another tank, honestly.

I can't understand why its so bad to give someone something that requires absolutely no effort on your part, miniscule as it may be its still contributing something to his threat and i feel that once i can get past my emo attitude of if the tank is crap..replace him (Not all guilds have the luxury to replace tanks), i would rather at least try to be helpful than not at all.
This is afterall why i rolled a druid and why i continue to play one, its the little things we can do to help and as soon as we stop doing those things and just worrying about our own dps then we should start rolling mages and screaming "gogogogogo" for all were worth.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:42 am

Help them then - tell them to press mangle/shield slam/shield of the righteous/rune strike more often then.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 pm

I only use thorns when I am pugging a 5 man or we are gearing up a new tank. I never use it on myself and I will NEVER use it in combat.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:40 pm

I have never used Thorns much but since we are on the topic is http://www.wowwiki.com/Glyph_of_Thorns worth having when running by yourself? Not in dungeon of course but for doing dailies and what not?
GEORGE S. PATTON

Postby Antioch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Sylvaneart wrote:I only use thorns when I am pugging a 5 man or we are gearing up a new tank. I never use it on myself and I will NEVER use it in combat.

Couldn't agree more about never using it while IN combat but pre pull i like to think it helps, if only a tiny bit.
As for telling the tanks how to play, well i do try to do this , but as im sure you know yourself Floof tanks are not always open to criticism and in higher end raiding guilds even the ones on bad servers with low progress some people have an inflated sense of skill which makes them less open to suggestions.
With regard to the glyph Big i would say deffo no, mobs die too fast and there are better glyphs out there for questing. Faeire fire, feral charge and maul for large pulls just to name a few
Last edited by Antioch on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 pm

To be honest, I've never even knew this glyph existed but saw it while I was reading about thorns on Wowhead. :) Thanks for the input.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 pm

So even with the risk of bumping a semi-dead topic...need some macro help.

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Stampeding Roar(Bear Form); [form:3] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)
/cast [form:3, mod:alt] Cyclone

What I'm trying to get this retarded macro to do is to cast Stampeding Roar in an appropriate form, or Cyclone if I hold alt regardless of form. I dunno if it's just the retarded way the game recognizes forms or whatever (seriously, the fact they split these fucking attacks into form specifics instead of just being generally recognizeable in whatever form you're in...ugh), but all it's been doing is casting Stampeding Roar and nothing else >.>

Now what really pisses me off is that this one:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); [form:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/cast [form:3, mod:alt] Ravage

Works just fine. As well as another more elaborate one that also has another /cast when modded for a Bear attack. So why is it that the fucking Stampeding Roar one is being an absolute bitch and not working?

And for an unrelated question, is there any macro that can be made so that with one push it'll open a map, and with a modifier, say open your bag or use an attack ability? Just curious...

Postby Antioch » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:07 am

/cast [mod:alt] Cyclone
/cast [stance:1,nomod] Stampeding Roar(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:3,nomod] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)

This will work, ive tested it to make sure. As for what was wrong with your own macro my guess would be the "form:3" part of the cyclone line, doing that restricts it to only casting cyclone when in cat form.

As for the map or bag opening macro i cant seem to make it work, it seems that modifiers dont work the same for scripts as they do for normal macros.

Open map ;
/run WorldMapFrame:Show()

Open all Bags ;
/run OpenAllBags()

Maybe someone who works with scripts will have a better idea

Postby Antioch » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 am

So as Shin pointed out this is an old post but macros rarely go out of fashion. Back when i first made this post i was still a proud clicker but since ive moved on to bigger and "better" things my personal macro list has gone from the few i listed above to roughly 30 macros now.
Most of these are arena based macros only but i figure ill update this thread a bit with some of the more generally useable ones.
Mostly these are space savers but im sure some will be able to find some use from them.

Travel form if on land, Aquatic form if in water
/cast [noswimming] !Travel Form
/cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form

Cancel aura macros for roar and dash
/cancelaura Stampeding Roar
/cast Dash

/cancelaura Dash
/cast [stance:1] Stampeding Roar(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:3] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)

Feral charge in cat form followed by Ravage or Mouseover (if you have one) charge in bear form
/castsequence reset=12 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form)!
/cast [stance:1,@mouseover,harm] Feral Charge(Bear Form); Feral Charge(Bear Form)

Hit once for enrage (bear), Twice for bash (bear) and will maim in cat form. Note: if you already have enough rage for bash it will do so on first keypress
/cast [stance:1] Enrage(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:1] Bash(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:3] Maim(Cat Form)

Put you into cat form if in any form except bear form. Stealth if your out of combat and not already stealthed. Pounce if stealthed. Mangle in either cat or bear form and Maul also if in bear form (generally you can remove the stealth part if you only pve and also watch out if your flag carrying as stealthing will drop the flag :)
/cast [nostance] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [stance:4] Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/cast [nocombat] !Prowl(Cat Form)
/cast [stealth] Pounce(Cat Form)
/cast [stance:3,nostealth,combat] Mangle(Cat Form)
/cast [stance:1] Mangle(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:1] Maul(Bear Form)

Similar to the previous one, Shred instead of mangle and Trash/swipe on cd
/cast [nostance] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [stance:4]
/castsequence [stance:1] Swipe(Bear Form),Thrash(Bear Form),Swipe(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:3,nocombat] !Prowl(Cat Form)
/cast [stance:3] Shred(Cat Form)
/startattack

I find the line
 /cast [nostance] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [stance:4]
Is excellent to use before all your cat abilities as it makes the attack that little bit faster if you only have to mash the one button to get back into cat form ( still use a Cat form bind tho)

Skull bash whatever form your in
/cast [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form); [stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form; [nostance] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [nostance] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [stance:4] Cat Form(Shapeshift)

The following are more pvp only kind of macros;

Cast cyclone at your target or mouseover if you have one, but in arena cast it at whichever enemy is arena 1 (top person on enemy arena frames)
/cast [@mouseover,harm][@arena1,exists] Cyclone(); Cyclone()

Just replace the number in the line "@arena1" with 2, 3,4,5 and replace the name of the spell with whatever ability you want to use. I personally use this for Cyclone, roots and hibernate.

Target arena, for those anoying Feign death hunters and mirror image mages
/target arena1

Same as last macro just swap the number for each arena target

Macro for avoiding an interrupt or for making sure you dont get hibernated/scare beast

/cancelaura Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/cancelaura Bear Form(Shapeshift)
/cancelaura Travel Form(Shapeshift)
/stopcasting

Non druid related ones;

Automatically send all green items in the mail (enchanter bliss!)
/run for bag=0,4 do for slot=1,GetContainerNumSlots(bag) do local texture,itemCount,locked,quality=GetContainerItemInfo(bag,slot) if quality==2 then UseContainerItem(bag,slot) end end end

Sell all grey items
/script for bag = 0, 4 do for slot = 1, GetContainerNumSlots(bag) do local name = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot) if name and string.find(name,"ff9d9d9d") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Selling "..name) UseContainerItem(bag,slot) end end end

Return to General Discussion