Register

Trinket Stacking, some Info I discovered.

This and that.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Trinket Stacking, some Info I discovered.

Postby Zub » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Last night I was playing around my DK and trying to optimize or put on as much armPen gear as possible. Then it dawned on me that I have Grim Toll and the Scorpion. If you add the procs together, you get around 1290 ArmPen.

So, I went to the dummies to see if I can have BOTH the trinkets proc at the same time and since I have about 780 armPen on gear alone this would put me way over the armpen cap if both procs.

Much to my surprise and only about 15 mins on the dummy using 2H and DW, these trinkets proc rates are almost always on after their internal cool downs and if RNG permits, BOTH of them would proc at the same time.

Could this be a bug? or could this be another way to reach 100% armPen without going for a ton of ArmPen gear/gems etc.

I wish I was mathematically inclined to get some theorycrafting done as to utilizing both of these trinkets as part of an ArmPen capping strategy.

Zub

Site Admin

Re: Trinket Stacking, some Info I discovered.

Postby Alaron » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:30 pm

This is not a bug...they are separate cooldowns. However, it's of limited value, since typically you'll have enough ArPen from gear that dual procs will put you way over the ArPen cap. It is possible to use both, however, by proc desyncing, and this can be of value if you've had bad trinket luck lately (or you're coming back from a break and straight into 25's...DV/DBW are still highly prized and it might be a while before you land one).

Re: Trinket Stacking, some Info I discovered.

Postby Zub » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Thank you Alaron for the response. And yes, it will be a WHILE before I get that combo. On a good note though, I was able to snag a Priced Trinket that almost ALL casters roll for from the last boss in ToC 25 (Anub) the Reign Of the Dead. My Elem Shammy won the roll against what seemed like the entire raid rolling for it!

Grats to him.

Zub

Return to General Discussion