Register

Guild Shopping

This and that.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Guild Shopping

Postby Mandragaran » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm

Hey all - I didn't see any rules against this, but if there are, I apologize in advance.

The executive summary - I'm looking for a skilled guild with a sense of humor that raids on PST.

The long version -

I started playing the game in late 2008. Within a few weeks I was raiding. I was at the forefront for Ulduar progression on my former realm (Misha), which, according to ICC ranking standards would have put my guild (Anguish – now gone) somewhere in the top 20 Lightbringer guilds at that time. Whenever I could, I picked up a spot in a TBC raid.

In the summer of 2009, life got crazy for me, so I took a break from the game. That break turned into a year off. Consequently, I came back when my friends were well into heroic modes. I was lucky enough to get a fill in spot in a ten man (which in Ulduar gear was interesting), but it was difficult to compete for a routine spot against raiders with ilvl 277 gear.

Therefore, I faction transferred and joined Phoenix (world rank at the time was 2904) as a core raider. Some of the folks there remembered me from before my break, so I had a chance to catch up in content.

I was then invited early on into the Cata Beta. I quickly learned that I did not like the DK changes so I picked the most challenging high dps class I could find at the time (which I know is subject to debate) – feral dps. I’ve been playing the cat ever since.

I left Misha just before Cata to get the opportunity to participate in a higher level of raiding. So far I’ve had terrible luck. I initially joined Denied, and was happy about that move. There were some very good players in that guild. Unfortunately, Denied decided to essentially disband (it became and alt parking lot) as the guild was having recruiting problems. Most of the officers went to some of the top few guilds on Lightbringer. I never got to raid with them. So, I’d like to move to a more advanced guild, but hopefully one with a sense of humor.

I appreciate any tips!

Honored

P.S.

Postby Mandragaran » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 pm

I'll likely be playing my D.K. for a while <cringe> - unless a great guild wants my Cat (more fun anyway).

Site Admin

Re: Guild Shopping

Postby Alaron » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Mand, I don't really have any tips for you, but feel free to discuss it. :)

Finding a new guild is really like interviewing for a job...you can put in a little effort, and you might get lucky, you might not, or you can put in a lot of effort and land something nice.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:42 pm

I would think you should be able to find a home pretty easily. From what I have seen, many guilds are struggling to fill their rosters since cata came out - especially the 25 man guilds. My guild has been running with 25-27 raiders every night - which makes it tough and has slowed down our progress considerably. Unfortunately the one thing we don't need is more melee dps (if you ever learn to play boomkin though...).

Just keep looking around.

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Unfortunately the one thing we don't need is more melee dps (if you ever learn to play boomkin though...).

Leaf - I'd learn boomkin for that...

Postby wraithaur » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:46 pm

1st Work out what faction you want to play.
2nd Work out a realm that has a strong population of that faction (ensure that realm is at a decent level of progression world wide (wowprogress.com)
3rd Based on your previous experience and your skill level workout which grade of guild you would fit into on that realm. (are you a top 5 guild raider, top 10, top 50)
4th Google or GuildLaunch search for the guilds that fit the criteria above.
5th Apply to said guilds and follow the usual interview processes.
6th You found a good guild, gratz...no one accepted you? Re-access your review of where you fit in (top XX)

This is the process i followed when i was looking for a home to start my new guild, but the same method applies to finding an already established guild

Return to General Discussion