Register

Firelands, Staff and a cat on fire...

This and that.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Firelands, Staff and a cat on fire...

Postby Revos » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 am

I've been trolling the forums on MMO-champion, and some bloke uploaded the pics of the fire cat.
( So glad im the only cat in the guild )

Enjoy !
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/919 ... new-Weapon

Revered

Re: Firelands, Staff and a cat on fire...

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:12 am

MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby Andanas » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:29 am

Someone was posting earlier that the fire effect only works while you are in the Firelands. Nice to know that's not the case. Still think a 2 hr cool down is a bit much though.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am

Andanas wrote:Someone was posting earlier that the fire effect only works while you are in the Firelands. Nice to know that's not the case. Still think a 2 hr cool down is a bit much though.

Wrong:
It has 2 effects. If you have the weapon equipped and enter Combat, you immediately gain the form, when you leave combat, it drops.
If you are not in combat, you can activate the form with a /use and it will remain until canceled.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am

I know it has an in-combat and a /use function. I'm just saying that I seem to recall someone else saying that it only worked in the Firelands. But these two images show that not to be the case.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 am

I have found that if you add a cancelaura for it into every ability, you turn into disco cat.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:48 am

Floofles wrote:I have found that if you add a cancelaura for it into every ability, you turn into disco cat.

You mean you flash from fire to reg to fire to reg? Good lord that might be fun to pull on the raid. Or just give me a headache.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Sylvaneart wrote:
Floofles wrote:I have found that if you add a cancelaura for it into every ability, you turn into disco cat.

You mean you flash from fire to reg to fire to reg? Good lord that might be fun to pull on the raid. Or just give me a headache.

I dunno, that actually sounds like it'd be tempting to try...

Honored

Postby Floofles » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Yes you turn from fire cat to fluffy cat constantly, it's pretty hilarious.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 am

So it doesn't have a cooldown? Nifty. I'm definitely adding the /use to my FC, since FC doesn't put you in combat (and turning into firecat mid-charge sounds sweet).

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:40 am

Alaron wrote:So it doesn't have a cooldown? Nifty. I'm definitely adding the /use to my FC, since FC doesn't put you in combat (and turning into firecat mid-charge sounds sweet).

Yes and no. There is a 2h CD but only for the "on use" effect that lets you go FIRECAT!!!!!!!!!!! when not in combat. The FIRECAT!!!!!!!!!! you get from combat has no CD BUT it will overide your non combat effect.

Example #1: I was in SW and fought a target dummy. As soon as combat ended i went back to normal. As soon as i restarted combat I became FIRECAT!!!!!!!!!! I also tried the cancel aura macro and became DISCO INFERNO CAT!!!!!!!!!! press mangle flash into FIRECAT!!!!!!! and then back into normal cat. Auto attack hit and I was FIRECAT!!!!!! again.

Example #2: After ohing and ahing for an hour i got out of combat and tried the "On use" effect. I turned into FIRECAT!!!!!!! I then ran all the way out of SW and was on my way to Westfall (In FIRECAT!!!!!! form just to watch him run) and i ran over a wolf. He aggroed and attacked. I turned and 1 shot and when he died I lost FIRECAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to General Discussion