Register

Setting Raid Boss Difficulty

This and that.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Setting Raid Boss Difficulty

Postby Goodmongo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 pm

There has been much debate about raid difficulty, the new nerf, raid mechanics etc. So I was wondering about something. What if on day one a raid or guild could set their own difficulty for each raid boss. For arguments sake it can be set at 70%, 80%, 90% or 100% of normal. Now if you do kill a boss at any difficulty level you get the same gear rewards. However, any mounts, titles or achievements would require the 100% difficulty level.

And yes I know that this allows you to get gear first and then get the 100% kill achievement. But with all the other ways to get gear does this still matter? I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions are? Are you for or against and why would you be for or against this?

Revered

Re: Setting Raid Boss Difficulty

Postby shinryu » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Goodmongo wrote:There has been much debate about raid difficulty, the new nerf, raid mechanics etc. So I was wondering about something. What if on day one a raid or guild could set their own difficulty for each raid boss. For arguments sake it can be set at 70%, 80%, 90% or 100% of normal. Now if you do kill a boss at any difficulty level you get the same gear rewards. However, any mounts, titles or achievements would require the 100% difficulty level.

And yes I know that this allows you to get gear first and then get the 100% kill achievement. But with all the other ways to get gear does this still matter? I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions are? Are you for or against and why would you be for or against this?

I dunno, it's a nice thought in concept, but ultimately one that would both take too much effort to program in, and one that not many people will utilize; I know myself I wish that the nerfs wouldn't be coming in so quick, but at the same time the guild I'm in is waiting for them so we can get in more heroic progress.

Guess it really depends on how the individual views it as well, I mean I personally think it cheapens and diminishes any further progress/accomplishment now that it's "lol nerfed mode", but I know most probably don't see it that way.

Return to General Discussion