Register

Quick Question

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Quick Question

Postby Dabeasty » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:24 pm

I should know this and I could almost certainly find out but Im gonna be lazy and ask here cos I know for sure you guys will know :)

Clipping Rake and Rip...people say dont clip more than 1 tick....how long is that in seconds, 2 ish?

Exalted

Re: Quick Question

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:29 pm

2 seconds for Rip, 3 for Rake.

Postby Luekos » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 am

The times are not static in 4.01 because they are effected by haste. Haste now decreases the duration between ticks and may even add an extra tick depending on the amount you have. Having an addon that displays each tick (they generally have little slashes through the normal timer, each slash representing a tick) can really help with timing your clips. The only addons I am aware of that do this are Forte Excorist (the timers) and Quartz (channeled spells like hurricane). I don't know if they are updated for 4.01 or if they factor in the new haste mechanics but I am sure with a bit of playing around you should be able to figure it out.

Postby tbot » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Luekos wrote:The times are not static in 4.01 because they are effected by haste. Haste now decreases the duration between ticks and may even add an extra tick depending on the amount you have.

I am sorry but this is incorrect information. Melee dots are not affected by haste.

Return to Kitty DPS