Register

Known issues?

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Known issues?

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Hey all.

I have been having some issues that I have not been able to confirm on the forums. Currently I am in the beta and have checked those forums and the normal ones and have only seen one or two mentioned and none recently. I was wondering if anyone else had seen them as well.

1. Blood in the Water: I am seeing intermittent issues with this working and not working. On our Heroic Saurfang fight last night I had Rip drop off dispite doing a 5p FB with 3 seconds left on the bleed. When this happened I did a double take at his life and he was at 18%. This horked up my rotation something bad as I was low on energy and no combo points. This is not the first time I have seen this happen. However it is not consistent. Sometimes it does work but with a noticeable delay. Watching the bleed timer on BQL like a hawk I saw it work but it took 2-3 seconds before its refreshed after a FB. This isn't something easy for me to test as most of our boss fights after 25% die very fast (LK doesn't count as we are interrupted by the frostmourne room to often for me to really try this out). I know that the glyph of rip can be bugged some times. Is this part of that bug?

2. Bear Berserk: The tool tip says that when the lacerate proc refreshes mangle that the next mangle will hit 3 targets. In the beta this was working for me last time I tried it, but on live it only hits 1 target. This made tanking trash very difficult last night. Did they change Berserk (Bear) but not update the tool tip or is this known?

3. Ravage in macro: Any time I put Ravage in a macro it says "Must be in stealth" even with the stampede proc. I had seen something on the forums about this a month ago, but I can't find anything on it now. Is Ravage now a modified spell name when proc'd by Stampede?

Thanks in advance for any insite you may be able to provide.
-Tinder

Site Admin

Re: Known issues?

Postby Alaron » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

1 sounds more like the glyph bug than it does BITW, though it could be a simple addon/latency issue. It's hard to say for sure since it's not consistently reproducible...I personally haven't had any problems with my Bite refreshing Rip.
2...hmm. I think the chaining range for Berserk may have been reduced, but I'm pretty sure it still does hit multiple targets (I seem to remember using it on the Dragonhawk boss and his adds in ZG last week). I'll try to test that tonight.
3- yes, they're two different spells now, which is a known bug. Try using the spellid (I think that's what someone recommended).

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Hey Alaron.

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. I would understand a 1 second delay for latency, but I was seeing a 2-3 second delay. Do you know if it waits to refresh until the next tick? That would explain the delay I see, and might be why mine dropped off with only 3 seconds left. I wish there was a good way to test this. I have never been able to find one fo the pratice dummies that have low health anymore.

2. I found 2 things going through our logs from last night. I am the main tank for the outside realm for Halion. This means I am tanking him and the Living Inferno together for a good chunk of the time. The log says that I connected with Mangle 46 times and proc'd Berserk 31 times. I was active for 4:30 seconds of the fight (I never go into the portal). In the whole fight I never hit any of the Living Embers. When looking at the logs I also saw that the Berserk proc tool tip says "When your Lacerate deals periodic damage, you have a 100% change of refreshing the cool down of your Mangle (Bear) and reducing its cost by 100% for 5 seconds".

3. Got ya. I will look that up when I get home tonight.

EDIT: I should really attach the log in question: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8ctas3zo035w69ak/details/4/?s=11664&e=12045

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:10 am

Re 1.
I have also seen this twice and both times I screamed at my monitor :)
Both times it was where rip only had a few seconds left on it...which leads me to believe its a combination of a) rip didnt actually really have a few seconds left at all, the glyph bug was lying to me and b) my refresh was a tiny bit laggy.

So, I agree its a potential problem, I dont have a definitive answer but pretty much agree with Ala.

Postby tbot » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 am

Tinderhoof wrote:Hey all.

2. Bear Berserk: The tool tip says that when the lacerate proc refreshes mangle that the next mangle will hit 3 targets. In the beta this was working for me last time I tried it, but on live it only hits 1 target. This made tanking trash very difficult last night. Did they change Berserk (Bear) but not update the tool tip or is this known?

Hey tinder. You are reading this wrong. Beserk has 2 abilities.

1) The classic on use, your mangle has no cd and hits 3 targets.

2) The passive lacerate refreshes mangle. This one only hits 1 target. They are not the same buff

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm

That would explain the issue. I haven't checked in a while on beta, but I had sworn that when the lacerate proc happened that I hit 3 targets. I should double check that.

Return to Kitty DPS