Register

Nature's Vigil

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Nature's Vigil

Postby Valk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 am

Today during my usual browse through WOL just to see whos doing what and so forth i noticed that a fair few of the top dpsing kittys have been using NV, now everything i have or had read seemed to suggest this would result in a dps loss.. Personally im not very good with the numbers etc so if anyone has some or an idea of where this stands at the moment it seems it would be alot simpler then playing the DOC play style and if competitive could make many a kittys life easier.

valk

Re: Nature's Vigil

Postby Valk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:24 am

tried this in lfr just now it seems that it may well massively depend on the ammount of mastery and 2 set bonus u have or dont have as my numbers seemed well. meh.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 am

I don't think there's really a whole lot to say about the talent. In theory it is inferior to Dream of Cenarius and in practice it will often be the best choice if you're in need of burst.

Edit: I was in a hurry when I responded and thought you were trying to say that NV is better. I think in most scenarios you will be able to do better with DoC if you can execute it correctly, but NV is much simpler to do so and will be very very close behind (and better in some cases, of course). In the end, execution is far far more important than talent choice and if not using DoC will allow you to execute better than that's always going to be the right choice.
Last edited by aggixx on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:30 am

I've been using Nature's Vigil since the HotW nerf (used DoC for about 2 weeks, it did fine, but the DPS bonus didn't seem to accurately scale to the added difficulty of the timing. Seemed cumbersome on anything but 1 target fights) I have had great results with NV, it's an easy option, since it ties in well with Berserk/Berserking, and with Pred/Nature's Swiftness it's quite easy to get the extra DPS, I am ilvl 473 an sustain 60k+ on single target fights, often peaking around 85-95k, and I am usually top of the charts, and i definitely beat every other feral I come across (most of them with an epic weapon and a ~479 ilvl (Some using DoC, some NV)

Unfortunately, because of my job schedule (I'm in the Army and I work nights at Wal-mart), I need a raid team that finishes raids prior to 8PM server, and I haven't found any guilds out there that raid that early, I can only commit to a weekday guild. Thus, I haven't raided in over 3 weeks (It's killing me, I'm a Heroic Progression Raider [Pre-Nerf Ragnaros Heroic] and I haven't even cleared Normal MSV, let alone stepped foot in HoF or ToES. I know all the fights/mechanics on both Normal and Heroic and can't find any decent raids, so I don't have logs to see where I'm at.

If I can't find a raid team by the end of the year, I'm probably just going to start playing Starcraft II full time, which makes me a very sad kitty, since I've been playing Feral since Classic, and I love raiding.

Return to Kitty DPS