Register

Kitteh PvP

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Kitteh PvP

Postby Albione » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:44 am

First time post in the forums here.
I must say, I've been very frustrated over my kitty DPS. Luckily, I got it up by reading most of the posts/threads here and most the guides. I went from about 4-5k DPS to about 7.5k (this is on a skull raiding dummy) after respecing, gemming, glyphing, ect. Right after I did all of this, I went into a Heroic Lost City and my average DPS was about 5-6k.
Although, most of the guides I've came across have only been for PvE (rotations anyway), and I would like to try to improve my PvP skills with your help! I understand that PvP gives a lot more freedom for attacks and all depends on the situation. But here's my normal rotation for PvP.

Prowl > Feral Charge > Ravange > Rake > Spam Mangle until 5 CP > Savage Roar > Tiger's Fury > Spam Mangle again > Refresh Rake > Rip > Continue Spamming Mangle

I think spamming mangle so much is doing me wrong, but I'm honestly not sure. And to be truthful, my PvE rotation is very similar.

What are some things that I can change for either PvE or PvP?

Here's my armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... one/simple

Please help out a fellow kitty!

Exalted

Re: Kitteh PvP

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Rip is our more powerful attack as it ignores armor, and can not be removed (Palis/Rogues are the exception). You should be focusing on getting it up as soon as possible. A single combo point for Savage Roar is more then enough. The only time you should be doing a 5 point Savage Roar is when your target died and still had your 5 combo points on him.

I would also recomend if you can manage it is to pop Tigers Fury just before you cast rip as an extra 15% of damage though the duration of our best spell should be taken advantage of when ever you can.

About your gear it looks like your resto relic is still equiped. If you don't have a feral one yet I would say have you completed the Red Dragon quest lines in Twilight Highlands. There is a pretty decent one there before you get into heroics. Also you are using lots of Topaz gems. As a result your meta isn't going to be active because they count as red and yellow gems, were we need more blue then red for it to work. If you can't afford to regem there is a more PVP related meta that can be had that just requires 2 blue gems. It's called the Powerful Shadowspirit Diamond (81 Stam/10% less fear duration). The blue gems can come from your Spellpen gems or 30 hit gems. Or you can wait a few weeks until the new meta requirements come out.

If you look in the Druid forums on mmo-champion there are 2 really good guides that know a lot more about feral pvp then I do.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/827 ... atch-4.0.6)
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/826 ... .3-Edition.
I would check them out.

Postby Albione » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Thank you for clearing up the rotation errors I have been making. I'm sure I'll have to have a bit more practice before I can use it like a pro. One question I may ask is should I keep popping Savage Roar and Tiger's Fury at the same time before I use rip, or use it by itself? Also, is rip my new spam attack or is spamming bad for DPS?

For the relic; I have no DPS relic because I haven't been able to find one that has good stats on my server. I may have missed that relic that you were speaking of in the Twilight Highlands quests, or I just haven't gotten to it. Currently a few quests on my server are bugged so I can't advance.
I found a relic that an Scribe could make and I bought it. :)

I'll skip talking about the gems. Thank you for the guides. They're helpful in ways and in ways not. I don't understand a lot of the abbreviations used, so I'm kind of clueless sometimes while reading. I'm also not sure how well I can adjust to all of the steps in their guides. Either way, I'll learn eventually.

Thank you. :)

Postby Albione » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:18 pm

I took some information for my DPS attempting to use the rotation stated and here are my results on training dummies. I'm guessing the only way to improve myself to at least 10k is to get better gear, no?

85 Training Dummy
1. Albione - 7528 - (100.0%)

Rip - 35 - 227,438 - 37.5%
    Rake - 23 - 113,686 - 18.7%
    Melee - 69 -106,266 - 17.5%
    Shred - 12 - 92,988 - 15.3%
    Fury Swipes - 7 - 27,220 - 4.5%
    Mangle - 5 - 21,196 - 3.5%
    Ravage - 1 - 9, 382 - 1.5%
    Rake - 6 - 8,484 - 1.4%

Raider's Training Dummy
1. Albione 7,608 (100.0%)

Rip - 43 - 227,443 - 31.1%
    Rake - 34 - 176,780 - 24.2%
    Shred - 22 - 156,005 - 21.3%
    Melee - 89 - 110,232 - 15.1%
    Fury Swipes - 9 - 35,787 - 4.9%
    Mangle - 3 - 15,411 - 2.1%
    Rake - 9 - 10,261 - 1.4%

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Yeah, Alb, your rotation looks pretty solid. Your DPS will go up a bit on an actual raidboss due to buffs and being able to use Blood in the Water sub-25%. As always, download Mew (linked on the main page) and input your stats for exact info.

Postby Insane » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:01 am

In a pvp situation if you have to open with Charge then you should Pounce first then use ravage,i think its a waste of stealth/charge if you use it to ravage as if you had wasted it.
My suggestion is to Pounce then ravage or save your kitty charge for when your enemy is away or blinking.

Postby Blazzor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Insane wrote:In a pvp situation if you have to open with Charge then you should Pounce first then use ravage,i think its a waste of stealth/charge if you use it to ravage as if you had wasted it.
My suggestion is to Pounce then ravage or save your kitty charge for when your enemy is away or blinking.

Idd i totaly agree with you.If u charge on stealth use Pounce.sine you can use revange out of stealth.

Postby Albione » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 am

Great idea! Thank you for the advice. :)

EDIT:
One thing I forgot to ask earlier is what do I do if I can't get behind the target what-so-ever (stubborn player or soloing). What attack should I use to DPS it besides my main bleeds?

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Albione wrote:EDIT:
One thing I forgot to ask earlier is what do I do if I can't get behind the target what-so-ever (stubborn player or soloing). What attack should I use to DPS it besides my main bleeds?

Mangle spam if you can't get behind.

Return to Kitty DPS