Register

Kitty Gear

Face-rippin fun.

Kitty Gear

Postby Insane » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:13 pm

So i was requiered to get a list of items for a wish list loot system and i put this list together and would like to see if you guys have any adjustments or suggestions :

Head:Tier
Neck:Necklace of Strife Valiona
Shoulders:Tier
Cloak:Cloak of Biting Chill Maloriak
Chest:Sark of the Unwatched Atramedes
Wrist:Parasitic Bands Magmaw
Hand:Tier
Waist:Belt of the Fallen Brood Sinstra
Legs:Tier
Feet:Storm Rider's Boots Halfus
Rin1:Mistral Circle Conclave of winds "Crit Mastery"
Rin2:Lightning Conductor Band Omnitron Defense System
Tri1:Fluid Death Valor points
Tri2:Essence of the cyclone Halfus
Weapon:Malevolence Halfus
Offh:
Rang:Relic of Golganneth Valor points

Also hi :)

Re: Kitty Gear

Postby Blazzor » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Personnaly i wouldnt use The fluid Death instead i would use trink from TOl barad.(forgt the name).I would also go for 2 tier instead of 4.since 4tier bonus is bit useless(atleast for me) since i am bearly using mangle in my rotation cuz of the bears in my raid.other than that it looks okay.

About the tier atm i wont be going for 4 as i said before.i might change my mind depending on heroic loot i`ll get because Atm I would go for tier Legs and Shoulders and i would use Dragonmaw rep gloves and Tsangras helm from trash in Bastion of twilight.Thew reason is that it gives much better stats than the tier

Postby Disso » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 pm

I'd have to disagree with the above post. For trinkets, from what I've read, Fluid Death is the BiS trinket for a cat. The 2nd is actually Heroic Tia's Grace until you start clearing hardmodes in raids. At that point your 2nd BiS is what you have, Essence of the Cyclone but the Heroic 372 version. With everything else it looks good, although I'd hold off on the tier pieces if its possible until the patch as they're adding new metas and we won't have to continue to use the Relentless Earthsiege Diamonds anymore. New metas will only require 3 red gems, which will be very easy to do as a cat. At that point its looking like the helm wouldn't be tier, it would be Tsanga's Helm which is a trash drop in Twilight Bastion. Also a BoE so if you have the gold and its on the AH, go for it. Hope this helped:)

Postby Insane » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:52 am

Thanks for the input ,sorry for the confusion i assumed Heroic version for the gear as thats what i am progressing on, so the Problem with Tsanga's Helm is there is no Heroic version of trash loot , and that's why i took the chest as an off piece.

Postby Blazzor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Disso wrote:I'd have to disagree with the above post. For trinkets, from what I've read, Fluid Death is the BiS trinket for a cat. The 2nd is actually Heroic Tia's Grace until you start clearing hardmodes in raids. At that point your 2nd BiS is what you have, Essence of the Cyclone but the Heroic 372 version. With everything else it looks good, although I'd hold off on the tier pieces if its possible until the patch as they're adding new metas and we won't have to continue to use the Relentless Earthsiege Diamonds anymore. New metas will only require 3 red gems, which will be very easy to do as a cat. At that point its looking like the helm wouldn't be tier, it would be Tsanga's Helm which is a trash drop in Twilight Bastion. Also a BoE so if you have the gold and its on the AH, go for it. Hope this helped:)

Yo bro i wouldnt agree with Fluid Death being BiS for cat.It gives you Hit rating which is not the most important stat for cats atm.the only good thing about it is the 380agi you get.I think that Unsolvable Riddle is way better.it gives Mastery rating which is more useful for Cats and 1605agi with 2min cd.If u combine the proc with berserk it gives nice dmg increase.And it would be ready for each berserk.
Even if you refore some of the hit into mastery it would only be fraction out of it.so i think Unsolvable Riddle is much better than Fluid Death.

Postby Disso » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Fluid Death 1279.4
Essence of the Cyclone (372) 1265.5
Prestor's Talisman of Machination (372) 1255.6
Tia's Grace (346) 1211.6
Essence of the Cyclone (359) 1119.1
Prestor's Talisman of Machination (359) 1110.4
Darkmoon Card: Hurricane 1070.9
Tia's Grace (333) 1069.6
Key to the Endless Chamber (346) 1059.5
Unsolvable Riddle 1052.9
Left Eye of Rajh (346) 1049.6
Unheeded Warning 1029.6
Skardyn's Grace (346) 1014.1

Theres some actual stats for you. Fluid Death has hit yes, which isn't really the best stat for cat but with the changes to skullbash its definitely nice to have. Also it can be reforged into 128 mastery. With Unsolvable Riddle its 1605 Agi for 20 seconds every 2 minutes, which is a good cooldown don't get me wrong. Fluid Death is a 308 agi increase everytime its ramped up... and it ramps up very quickly. I'd just have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

Postby Blazzor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Disso wrote:Fluid Death 1279.4
Essence of the Cyclone (372) 1265.5
Prestor's Talisman of Machination (372) 1255.6
Tia's Grace (346) 1211.6
Essence of the Cyclone (359) 1119.1
Prestor's Talisman of Machination (359) 1110.4
Darkmoon Card: Hurricane 1070.9
Tia's Grace (333) 1069.6
Key to the Endless Chamber (346) 1059.5
Unsolvable Riddle 1052.9
Left Eye of Rajh (346) 1049.6
Unheeded Warning 1029.6
Skardyn's Grace (346) 1014.1

Theres some actual stats for you. Fluid Death has hit yes, which isn't really the best stat for cat but with the changes to skullbash its definitely nice to have. Also it can be reforged into 128 mastery. With Unsolvable Riddle its 1605 Agi for 20 seconds every 2 minutes, which is a good cooldown don't get me wrong. Fluid Death is a 308 agi increase everytime its ramped up... and it ramps up very quickly. I'd just have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

Hmm it might be low according to your stats and you say hit nice for skull bash.Idd it is nice If you use Sb at all.In my case i dont use it since we usually got warriors and Shamans who can do it.They need hit anyway were i can get more usefull stat like Mastery and even if we dont have warriors or shams i wouldnt use it anyway.Like cmon cats usually have energy on quite low.who would waste 25energy on some interupt?So i would still go for Riddle than the Fluid death.

Postby Disso » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Cho'gall to interrupt conversions and the eyestalks. Adherants or whatever those are called on Cho'gall as well.
Arcane Storm on Maloriak
Lavaburst on the 3 adds on phase 2 of Nefarion.
Arcane Annihilator on Arcanotron

These are all raid boss examples where you need hit to skullbash. If you're running with a ton of interrupters, then yeah, I guess its not that big of a deal.
I'm just at a school of thought that its better to be able to perform a function, than to say I can't do that because I'm not hitcapped and it won't work. I pull sufficient dps for all fights while being very close to the hit cap (and if I ever miss one I can warstomp as a tauren, but I've never needed to do that)

My main point would rest with Nefarion, on phase 2. When your group gets split up into 3 pillars, and 1 person has to interrupt that lava burst or you're pretty much screwed. If you have it split where you don't have to worry about interrupts, then more power to you. A lot of group comps won't have that luxury.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Which trinket is better is a math question with a little bit of situation thrown in (as in fights where you want to be buffed for specific burn phases).

Mathematically it has already been well established that Fluid Death is worth more dps than Unsolvable Riddle. The sustained 380 agility is much better than the 1605 agility proc that can be up 1/6th of the time (simple napkin math 1605/6 = 267.5). All you need to do is play with Mew a little to see that the difference is significant. The difference in value between mastery and hit is trivial compared to the difference in effective agility gain. Also, don't forget you reforge the 321 hit on Fluid Death to mastery so you are talking about 193 mastery vs hit.

Is is also the case that the 346 Tia's Grace is worth more than Unsolvable Riddle - again due to the sustained 340 agility vs the proc which outweighs the secondary stat differences.

I have not tried to model using Unsolvable Riddle as a way to boost situational damage in burn phases, but other than that, it is not worth investing in if you can get the Tia's and Fluid. Just download Mew, enter your stats adjusted for each trinket and select the appropriate trinket proc and you can see for yourself.

Return to Kitty DPS