Register

unheeded warning or fluid death

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

unheeded warning or fluid death

Postby oromai » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm

hey guys i'm a cat dps and me and my m8 wonder if unheeded warning will be better then fluid death after 4.0.6(PTR) can u guys help us if any now ask what unheeded warning does it give 680+ wep dmg + the agility :D

Re: unheeded warning or fluid death

Postby Facemauler » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 am

Related... I dont have FD yet but picked up unheeded warning off the BoT trash last night. I already have the cyclone trink and am using hc key or rajhs to compliment it (depending on my mood :P ) I dont have tia's tho...

Should I equip the unheeded warning or is it really just a waste given that I do have other supposedly superior options?

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:24 am

So I'm so conflicted on Unheeded Warning...has anyone determined if it's good or not? Leafkiller's work over on EJ seems to suggest it is better over Tia/FD...does anyone know if it will be as good/better in 4.0.6? Or is it one of those things where we won't know for absolute certain until the patch is live? Either way, I have UW burning quite a hole in my pocket from the last few weeks ever since it dropped in Bastion...just wish I knew what to do with it lol.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Here are my numbers from EJB:

Fluid Death + Tia's Grace: 20,828
Tia's Grace + Unheeded Warning: 20,853
Fluid Death + Unheeded Warning: 21,070

However, in this post: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110352-fer ... ost1853911, Bashui indicates that Fury Swipes is not benefiting from the Unheeded Warning proc. Looking at the amount of DPS that Fury Swipes contributes, you can certainly lower the benefits of UW from what I posted, but I think it will come out close to Fluid Death and well ahead of Tia's Grace. I sent a PM to Yawning asking him if he has made a change to account for this in Mew yet and will retest once he has.

@Oromai - I think FD is still well ahead of the 359 Cyclone, so you may want to pick it up and use FD and UW once 4.06 hits (unless you are referring to the 372 Cyclone in your post).

Edit: Yawning has fixed this in the source tree of Mew (unfortunately I have not setup an environment to compile Mew, just one in which in can read the latest source code).

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Ok, so before I go and slap this Unheeded Warning on...all the changes in the PTR are definitely reflected on live now? And it is good to go?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:11 pm

What is your third trinket choice? Unheeded Warning is testing out above Fluid Death, but there are only two other trinkets that come out ahead of Fluid Death and one of them is from Heroic Nef. I have not heard anything about live being different than the PTR but it is pretty early still.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm

Leafkiller wrote:What is your third trinket choice? Unheeded Warning is testing out above Fluid Death, but there are only two other trinkets that come out ahead of Fluid Death and one of them is from Heroic Nef. I have not heard anything about live being different than the PTR but it is pretty early still.

Oh, I have reg Tia and reg Cyclone currently equipped...yeah, H Tia's never dropped for me, and I already know reg Cyclone is below FD, but I'm not getting FD until my next purchase after 2 T11, so yeah.

Who knows, maybe BH will be kind tonight...yeah right lol. But I just wanted to make sure the UW changes are being reflected on live, and that it didn't get scrapped in the transition.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:35 am

From the testing I did on a training dummy today, it looks like the changes went through as planned. Gemming agility everywhere + UW in place of heroic Tia's + the new agi ring from the VP vendor resulted in a 14.3k test dummy run compared to the runs I did pre-patch that were in the 13.5-13.7k range.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm

nvrmnd found answer
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Return to Kitty DPS