Register

Need to Improve my DPS

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Need to Improve my DPS

Postby manatree » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi All,

Been lurking around here since Cata rolled out and I went from resto / boomkin to feral. I've mostly healed in Vanilla (shaman), TBC (Pally) and WotLK (druid) so I decided it was time I get to dps full time for a change.

After reading some of Alaron's posts, it seems he is pulling upwards of 18k dps on fights I can only pull 13-15k on. (*maybe he is running 25 mans with moar buffs?)

I have lots of gear options but am currently logged in what I use for PvE.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/manatree/advanced

Trinkets available
Heroic Key
Heroic Eye
Heroic Skardyns
I could buy an Unsolvable Riddle

I could get the LW epics crafted but until they get the gem slot they don't seem worth it to me.

I probably have the Kaleki cloak in my bags so I will try that out tonight. (looking at your BiS list as I post this...)

The only other obvious upgrades I can see would be Heroic Tias & a chest (none of which will drop for me).

I also have a full pvp set with bloodthirsty main pieces and quite a few vicious off-pieces (Feet, belt, etc...).

Here is a parse from my guilds last week 10 man Argaloth Kill (also includes magmaw & omnotron). (I did pick up both epic wrists & shoulders last week so those are after those parses)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ld7ve4rz3bucubge/sum/damageDone/?s=9&e=245

I'm NOT using the Ovale add-on but I'm wondering how much that would help my DPS. I'm also focusing more on shredding so my top dps are Rip, Rake, Shred (I find my tendency is to mangle alot for some odd reason).

Any additional comments / advice anyone can provide would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Manatree

PS - My guild is stuck on Maloriak at the moment also largely because our AoE is not great for bringing down the adds during the Green Phase. I may go bear (my offspec is for arenas atm) to tank the boss to allow our DK tank to instead dps the adds (he has amazing AoE).

Site Admin

Re: Need to Improve my DPS

Postby Alaron » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Yes, I run 25's, and we generally have all the buffs covered, except for +3% damage (Nobody wants to be Arcane/BM, and we have no fulltime rets).

I'd say it's a buffs thing. (Oh, and Survival is OP, so don't worry too much.) Looking at your log, you posted 91% on Arg, 93% on Mag, and 77% on ODS. That's solid. (My %'s here mean "% of DPS score required to be ranked in the top 200 for spec and raid size.") You can look at those numbers by looking at "Ranking Info."

Postby manatree » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Alaron wrote:I'd say it's a buffs thing. (Oh, and Survival is OP, so don't worry too much.) Looking at your log, you posted 91% on Arg, 93% on Mag, and 77% on ODS. That's solid. (My %'s here mean "% of DPS score required to be ranked in the top 200 for spec and raid size.") You can look at those numbers by looking at "Ranking Info."

The ODS fight was a bit of a struggle for me as up until this week as I/we didn't know DoTs were cleared when the shields went up so I was trying to ensure my bleeds were falling off before the baddie hit 50 NRG.

Thanks! Big props for all your efforts here, it's helped me out quite a bit. Especially when I did the first huge double take about not gearing hit / expertise (I had just leveled & raided as an enhancement shaman at the end of WotLK) which was such a foreign concept. You had the best explanation I could find on the internet.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 am

Wait, DoTs are cleared? That's news to me. :) I've always switched at 75 NRG to the one with 25...

Return to Kitty DPS