Register

Blood in the Water and Glyphs

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Blood in the Water and Glyphs

Postby Mandragaran » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi all,

In line with Leafkiller and Alaron's discussions regarding using FB before Blood in the Water (after the patch) being a slight dps loss, I've started to take it out of my rotation for practice.

1. I'm actually not sure this question will be welcome here, but in addition to using LK's ovale script in a pinch, I use TellMeWhen. I have it set so that my bleeds show on the screen if they haven't been applied. If they're up, no icon, clean screen, pew pew. If not, I see it and apply.

I can't figure out how to configure the darn thing to tell me when the Blood in the Water buff is up, however. Anyone know. I'm actually cringing right now b/c I know this question should be posted in the TMW forums...

2. Any glyph changes? I think someone told me that I should take out SR for TF. Truism?

3. Random question - I swear I saw an 88k FB two nights ago on Magmaw. Am I seeing things? Doesn't seem possible at my gear level.

Peace.

Exalted

Re: Blood in the Water and Glyphs

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:48 pm

You should definitely be using the glyph of TF and not the glyph of SR.

When Magmaw's head is down, damage is doubled. 80k is believable.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:53 am

I haven't tried 'Tellmewhen' but if it just pops up when stuff drops off I personally wouldn't use it. You are never going to get max uptime that way since there requires a reaction from you to reapply, also you cant plan ahead too well.

I use Needtoknow and have timer bars on my screen for Rip, Rake, SR, Berserk, FF, Mangle and TF. This way I always know what is up, how long for and can manage them accordingly. I can also make sure I clip rake and rip at 3 and 2 secs respectively wherever poss. There are other addons which provide such info to you.

As for when to use BintheW, I have a separate addon which just shows me boss health percentage, I have this down near my timer bars. For completeness, I have another showing me my energy and another showing me combo points. Add all these together and you have just about everything you need to keep an eye on....apart from omen, your action bars and the fight itself of course...no wonder I have eye strain!

I have left Ovale on my screen too, I tend not to follow it except where there is so much going on I simply cant watch everything else...so I just pop what this says till stuff calms down then get back in my own decision making.

I was using TF but am thinking of going Engi after patch and macroing the gloves to my TF...in which case Im thinking I might need the full 30 secs on it...so I might go berserk glyph. Might just use gloves as a clicky but Id rather not. Ideas?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Synapse Springs is modeled in Mew - so you can try it there and test it with different glyph combinations. I do not know if the modeling tried to line up the procs. You could check with Yawning on that or browse through the source code.

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 am

Good stuff. I'm a max eng. Was on my dk, too. I'm definitely going to macro in the gloves. I haven't seen anything with the engineering cog "gem" slots though.

Return to Kitty DPS