Register

Mew, Rawr, stat weights, suggestions, etc

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Mew, Rawr, stat weights, suggestions, etc

Postby mekell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Hey all, been reading this forum for a long time, but never posted until now. THe guild i am working with has started to raid now, and I have been looking to mew and rawr both to see what kind of upgrades i should be looking for, whether or not i need to be changing my gems/enchants around, etc.

The problem i am having is that rawr (v4) suggest that i reforge crit into haste (in the cases where the item already has mastery), but mew suggests that crit is valued > haste (not by a ton, but enough). HOnestly i have tried it both ways, and found that i like leaving the crit as crit (which matches much of what i have read).

So my question is, has anyone else messed around with the newer versions of rawr and had a similar experience? Is rawr correct, is my haste too low? Here is a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/mekell/advanced. Does anyone see anything blatently wrong? My dps seems fine (pretty close to matching what mew thinks my dps should be), I am just wanting to make sure i get everything out of it i can. I am toying around with dropping primal madness and picking up infected wounds for both some utility and some pvp purposes

On a side note, i am close to getting fluid death and actively farming heroic tia's grace because my trinkets are my weakest items at this point (i think).

Other than my question about rawr/mew/haste, does anyone else have any suggestions? As a raid, we have started with BWD, downed magmaw and working on omnitron.

Thanks for all the great info in this forum and pre-thanks for any advice you might have! :)

Exalted

Re: Mew, Rawr, stat weights, suggestions, etc

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

This question of which tool to believe for valid RSV measurements has been asked on several forums. The best answer I can provide is Tossk's answer in this thread: http://druid.wikispaces.com/message/vie ... d/32690936

He said:
Hi Waterbur,

What settings are you using for Mew? The formulation or the sim? I haven't looked at Rawr's model recently, but I'd assume it's reasonably comparable to my formulation in Mew, however at this point I'd definitely say that Mew's simulation (with at least the default number of iterations), while vastly slower to calculate, is going to be slightly more accurate than either.

There definitely isn't a 'target' haste or crit value, though.. those will both scale smoothly (rather than stepwise) in reality, although a model might inadvertently introduce a stepwise factor when it calculates.

So I would use Mew - but make sure you are using the simulation model and not the formulation model. If you are using my Ovale script then you probably should use my simulation script which is posted in the same thread with the Ovale script. Otherwise, just use the default script that comes with Mew.

The value of haste is going up in the 4.06 patch and they are now extremely close in value when I check on my toon, but on live I do show crit ahead of haste.

Honored

Re: Mew, Rawr, stat weights, suggestions, etc

Postby mekell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks leafkiller. I appreciate the info, I am sure i was probably using the formulation, and will double check that tonite.

Return to Kitty DPS