Register

Ferocious Bite questions

Face-rippin fun.

Ferocious Bite questions

Postby morphiusrt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 pm

I have been all over every feral forum and haven't seen this brought up.

During the sub 25% phase

1st. From what I understand rip gets the benefits from what ever buffs are active when you fb, let say you first fb without tf then tf comes off cd do you want to tf right away and fb just for it to get the buff on rip even though you have only had a few ticks going or should we hold tf until the last few ticks of rip.

2nd. If we get 5cp's and rip still has plenty of time left do we just keep shredding away till it gets to the last 4-5seconds?

Has anyone else done any in-game testing on Leafkillers idea to leave fb out until sub 25%? I was playing around with it last night just doesn't seem very effecient, only time it came in really handy was when there was a few misses which made it so I didn't have 5cp before rip fell off. I know with different gear and fights it will be different. Tested on Magmaw 10m and Maloriak 10m last night.

Thank you in advance.

Exalted

Re: Ferocious Bite questions

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Please keep in mind the sim for leaving FB out of the rotation before 25% is based on the 4.06 patch being out. At that point the scaling on Shred along with the slightly higher uptime you get on Rip by not using FB are slightly ahead of an unglyphed FB and about equal to a glyphed FB.

Very specifically:

In the current content your best DPS comes from using an unglyphed FB within the constraints you can find in the scripts.

In patch 4.06 using an unglyphed FB in the rotation is the lowest dps.

Using either a glyphed FB or no FB at all (above 25%) are about the same dps in patch 4.06 (using no FB above 25% scales slightly better).

If you do choose to leave out FB above 25%, then do not glyph it.

Leaving out FB above 25% makes the rotation simpler and easier to execute.

The actual amount of dps change we are talking about here is trivial, .05% (10/20,000). When the patch rolls out, just be ready to Shred spam.

The idea was Alaron's, not mine. ;)

Site Admin

Re: Ferocious Bite questions

Postby Alaron » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm

I had the idea, you did the testing. :)

Which reminds me of something else I was going to ask you, but I'll throw it up in it's own thread.

Return to Kitty DPS