Register

Needtoknow Addon Problem

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Needtoknow Addon Problem

Postby Dabeasty » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:42 am

I use this addon to watch timers on bleeds etc.

If I set up Mangle to watch only my casts it works fine when Im on my own but if another druid or warrior with trauma comes along I dont see theirs.
If I enable it to sum all casts from all users it disappears entirely. I can't get this function to work on Mangle (though it works fine on other bars).

Any ideas?

Site Admin

Re: Needtoknow Addon Problem

Postby Alaron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 am

That's odd. I'm pretty sure I just have Mangle,Trauma,(the other one) as my spell string for that bar on NTK. If I remember (doubtful) I'll try to look at it when I get home.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 am

I have tried it with just 'Mangle' and also with 'Mangle, Trauma' (Im not sure what the other one is you mention?)...neither work when set to sum all people's casts. Just occurred to me Im not sure how I have my faerie fire set up at mo...I'll check that one in case that is also affected.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:56 pm

You can make your life simpler by getting druid timer bars: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... -bars.aspx

Here is a snippet from the addon code showing that it hangles the mangle debuff properly:

Code: Select all
       -- Show the Mangled bar if any of the increased bleed damage effects is present.
       if DTB.db.profile.TrackMangle and (form == 1 or form == 3) and (id == DTB.Mangle.id or
          id == DTB.MangleBear.id or id == DTB.Trauma.id or id == DTB.Stampede.id or id == DTB.Hemorrhage.id) then
      DTB:UpdateBar("Mangle",L["MANGLE"],progress,timeleft,id)
       end

Ovale also handles the mangle debuff properly.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Ive grown to love the flexibility of needtoknow tho and they work for all my toons :)

I have resolved the mangle issue - you need to leave all options unchecked for show only my cats, sum all casts etc and it works fine :)

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:37 am

Hemorrhage (Sub Rogues) is the other one I was thinking of, though there's not many sub raiders.

Glad you got it to work; yeah, for that one, you definitely want show only my casts off.

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 pm

I have the same problem, though I have the "show only my casts" de-selected.

Postby beleg_strongbow » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 am

I have another problem.

I have set Need to know to track "Strength of the Panther" (4 pc T11 Bonus). It is also set, that NTK should track the amount of buffs. But it doesn't show me, how many stacks I have of SOTP. Does anyone know why?

Return to Kitty DPS