Register

How fast

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

How fast

Postby Sylvaneart » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

For those that are getting great numbers like Yawning how fast do you hit your buttons? Do you do it is fast as you can and then wait and hit thing when you can? Or do you hit buttons every 2 seconds and slow it down to give your self energy regen time?
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Site Admin

Re: How fast

Postby Alaron » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm

It depends!

At the beginning of a fight, you're hitting 1 button every second (every GCD) because you have a bunch of stuff you need to put up. (This is what we call the "ramp-up.") Rake, Mangle, TF, Shred, Rip, Ravage!, SR, Berserk, or something like that. Once everything is up, then you slow down; pop Shreds when you get high on energy or you need to burn to use TF, otherwise save energy to put DoTs back up.

Ovale can show you good rotations. Grab the addon off curse and the script from the forums here.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am

I got Ovale the other day and pasted in Leaf's script. So in Ovale if the icon isn't highlighted don't use ability even if you have energy for it. Or does it light as soon as there is energy even if you should wait?
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Right, if it's not highlighted, that means you should be waiting. (If you're waiting on Shred, that's because you're energy pooling; If you're waiting on something else, it's not time to refresh it yet but it will be soon.)

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Wow thats great. The more i learn the more i appreciate all you guys do.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Make sure you have "Numeric Display" enabled in Ovale. If you have not seen it, here is a good guide for how to set things up: http://murlocparliament.com/2010/10/27/ ... r-dummies/

Return to Kitty DPS