Register

Kitty numbers on dummies.

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Kitty numbers on dummies.

Postby bearpelt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi all,
I know dummies are not the best way to be judging one's performance, but I am sort of at my wit's end over here. I'm standing at ilvl 352 currently with no tier pieces but have Fluid Death and Unheeded Warning. While my DPS seemed fine early on into 85, now I find myself desperately clawing at the metres. I personally feel that I'm not pulling numbers that different from the class revamp before Cataclysm came out.

Before Cataclysm came out, I recall doing 10.6k - 11.6k DPS on a 80 raid training dummy over 6 minutes.
At this point in time, I seem to be doing the same amount on current raid training dummies.

I would like to humbly request any sort of numbers other feral kitties pull under similar circumstances: 5 - 6 minutes DPSing at the raider's training dummies, since I have no clue currently where I stand.

Bit ickish about giving out my armoury link, but if Alaron permits I will PM it to him.

Honored

Re: Kitty numbers on dummies.

Postby mekell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:42 pm

What buffs are you comparing? Self buffed? No buffs? Unfortunately, professions will also play a role as well.

If you can give me some guidelines as to what you are comparing?

A week or 2 ago, i did self buffed (including food and flask, alchemy mixology in play as well as herbalism lifeblood) and (assuming i am remembering correctly) was hovering around 13.5k (depending on where in the cycle i stopped). My gear has changed some since then, i havent re-checked it. I am currently 351 equipped....a couple a weeks ago i was probably closer to 349. Those numbers were disappointing, because in raids i have seen myself do much much more than 13k. Raid buffs make a significant difference is all i can say.

At the time, I was testing to see if reforging to haste was better than crit according to rawr4's opitmization (in cases where mastery was already on the item), and i found it made little difference (within what i considered the margin of error). Mew's output (run with the simulation rather than formulation) backed rawr's output but they are so close it didnt particularly matter to me.

I tried with both leafkiller's ovale script and no script, and my results were pretty much the same.

On a side note- until the patch, unheeded warning is pretty awful for feral druids. You'd be better off picking up one of the other trinkets from a heroic if you can (heroic tia's grace being ideal) or one of the other raid trinkets if you have access to them (i dont yet).

Honored

Postby bearpelt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi mekell, thank you for replying.

I'm talking about self-buffed with MotW only.

My raid performance varies, though I'm never at the bottom (usually in the top 3) so I'm not really sure why my performance on a controlled and somewhat repeatable environment (raider's training dummy) is so terrible. Admittedly I don't see really huge numbers in the few raids I've been to due to a number of encounter factors.

Also: Point taken on Unheeded Warning. Will be switching it for Figurine - Demon Panther as it's currently the only other trinket I have. Perhaps reaching the hit cap will prove the boost.

Honored

Postby mekell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Theorycrafting will suggest that hit is bad (unless you need it for interrupts) as far as raw dps output is concerned. But that's theorycraft. In reality, based on your connection, play style, setup, and a million other factors, hit can actually help. For one, it may smooth out your "rotation" so you can better predict what ability to use, which in turn, could prove to improve your dps.

I will try to run some tests tonight if i get a chance, with MOTW only, for comparison's sake. Feel free to armory me, i'm in my dps gear. Mekell @ US-Eonar. I don't normally worry about +hit, but i am one of my raid's interrupters so i need to worry about it. Fortunately my gear as-is has enough hit (or damn close) so i haven't had to worry about carrying around a hit set vs a max-dps set. And i havent noticed a big enough difference in dps anyways to warrant it at this gear level.

Just as pure conjecture, with MOTW only, i will guess that my dps will probably be around 11.5k.Tonite is a raid night for me, so hopefully i will have a chance before or after to run a test for you to just give you some numbers to compare against.

Honored

Postby bearpelt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks mekell,
Yeah I can't exactly tell my RL that I can't be on interrupt duty just because hit isn't the best stat. Not being capped on it just never seemed appropriate. I realize the misses during a fight set me off from calculating when to refresh Rip or pop FB. Perhaps that's why.

Would really appreciate those numbers, and thank you so very much!

Honored

Postby mekell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm

One other note, you can try plugging in your stats to Mew (linked in several places on this site), and just make sure only the proper buffs you want are checked (including trinket procs, like fluid death and unheeded warning), and make sure to choose simulation instead of forumulation I have found that mew is rediculously close to what my real numbers end up being.

Edit: I just ran mew with my current numbers including only mark of the wild and FF: 12483DPS.

That was with unheeded warning and fluid death (i dont actually have unheeded warning equipped, but i do have it for post-patch goodness).

Assuming i get a chance, we will see how that compares to real life tonight, but that should give you a close approximate in case you need it sooner.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm

I did a 14 minute cycle that hovered around 13.5k and a 10 minute cycle that was around 13.8k. I had motw as my only buff. Raid buffs do matter a lot, and never discount RNG. One time I missed 4 or 5 FFFs in a row and I could see the dps spike low.

BTW, my hit is 5.41% and my expertise is 0.

Honored

Postby mekell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:43 pm

I ran a test as soon as i got home. I was running 13k over 8 minutes. MOTW was my only buff.

The difference between mew and my actual number can probably be accounted for because i was using my own rotation, and mew was using the built-in.

Hopefully this and leafkiller's numbers will help give you some benchmarks.

Honored

Postby bearpelt » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:52 am

Thanks guys for the numbers guys! Least now I've got a standard to aim for :D *goes off to tweak gear some*

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 am

Im also circa 13.5k with motw buff only.

Postby syntax » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 am

I did some testing yesterday. This was before I picked up new shoulders and also gloves to complete my two piece. With straight mastery/crit gear I was averaging just under 13k dps unbuffed (no mark either). Adding hit only hit lowered the DPS down to 12.3k, and hit/expertise combo was 12.5k. My gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... tax/simple only difference between now and that test is to replace the shoulders with whatever the BiS blue was, and hands with Liar's.

Return to Kitty DPS