Register

Trinket Calculations

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Trinket Calculations

Postby warlun » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 am

As my setup, I currently use Key to the Endless Chamber (H) and Left Eye of Rajh (H) as my normal trinkets and with anything with a burn phase I swap out the Left eye for Unsolvable Riddle.

I find that the setup for Key and Left eye to be superior to any combo with tia's grace/ Fluid Death.

However, I cannot use calculations to support this as by no means I am a good stat calculation person.

What I find is, on a fresh encounter (where all the ICD's of the trinkets have refreshed) - I open with the normal FC, mangle etc... and i find by the time I get to TF both my trinkets proc and I'm able to Rip and pop berserk and shred (with a 2x1710agi proc for the Rip and the shreds on berserk). By the third TF the Left Eye procs and I'd be able to Rip with TF up and a 1710 agi proc for the duration Rip.

What I'm trying to get at is that would a scenario I described above be a dps increase over the use of something like Tia's Grace and Fluid Death?

Revered

Re: Trinket Calculations

Postby shinryu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 am

Doubtful...might get more burst damage for that minute or so, but over time Tia's and FD would win out as they provide near-constant agil from the proc along with their hefty dose of mastery. Plus your assumption has both procs up at the same time, which doesn't always happen I think, as well as not holding up Berserk or TF for a proc. That's what it's sounding like to me anyways.

Site Admin

Re: Trinket Calculations

Postby Alaron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 pm

It depends on encounter duration. Over a longer fight, the static agi definitely wins out, but for trash and stuff, you can have the trinket procs up (+ the buffed Rip) for most of the fight, so they win out.

Return to Kitty DPS